18Mazda 6

Mazda 6 Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Mazda? Claim your listing.
Tiarna B.
Tiarna B. · 6

Hi I have a 2009 Mazda 6 luxury sport just wondering if a gearbox from a 2009 mazda 6 will fit in it only difference if the specs that the luxury version has

allan p.
allan p. · 6

Hi hoping someone can help me with a problem.. i have a 2008 mazda 6 2.5L i have just had the battery replaced and everything has gone back to factory settings.. i have fixed most of the issues except for sensor dash lights and headlamps coming on automatically when i start car up in the dark.. unit does not have auto function on switch.. does anyone have any ideas how to override sensor or how to turn off this function of having lights coming on when its dark
Thank-you

Lothar M.
Lothar M. · 6

Hi, does anyone know when exactly the Mazda 6 2.5 L Skyactive models got the engine with the cylinder deactivation function? I think it was about 2017 or 18.
Does the model number, e.g. 1031, give a clue to this?
Thanks.

Troy S.
Troy S. · 6 GG/GY (2002-2007)

Hello there my wife has a Mazda 6 gg 2002 auto. I’m just wondering if a 2004 auto gearbox will fit her car not sure if they are the same gearbox.

When she leaves for work in the morning and goes to take off it revs out and has no acceleration and the car does not go anywhere. But when the car is warm it sometime doesn’t do it.

Sam O
Sam O

Hi,
I am not sure if that will fit.
Is it a CVT gearbox? if so, maybe the bands are gone.
Check the transmission oil incase its low. and replace it a couple of times with new filter. sometimes this resolves the issue.

regards

Grant E.
Grant E. · 6 GH (2008-2012)

I own a Mazda 6 GH ltd Gen 2 with the leather interior and sunroof etc, Just wanting to no if I can get upgraded leather seats to fit in my car from either GJ or even a CX5 to put into my front of my car please. Anything compatible to put into it would be appreciated .

Veronica D.
Veronica D. · GL (Sedan) Touring (2016-2024)

I have a 2016 Mazda 6 diesel and I think my fuel economy is terrible…it’s getting 7.8 per 100km.
What’s everyone else getting please?

Amed
Amed

People buy cars with diesel engines because they want the motors to last and to keep their car for a long time. Due to the Ukraine war prices of diesel are over $2 a litre. This is costing you $16 per 100 km. An expert tune up is worth every dollar at present. Otherwise think of a secondhand Plugin Electric/petrol Outlander which will deliver around 100 km for $3.50 at current prices. And cost you nothing for aroujnd town drives.

B N.
B N.

I've got the 2018 mazda 6 diesel sedan. I'm getting 6.6 per 100km in town and 5.6 per 100km on the highway. I drive sedately but never so slow as to hold up traffic.

Veronica D.

Hmmm just as I suspected!
Okay thanks for your reply, I’ll have to see how it goes after a service & tune up but it’s not looking good.

Bruce
Bruce

How did it end up ?

Veronica D.

Actually much better since the service, it’s now getting 6.7 so I’m pretty happy with that!
I only bought the car 8 months ago and who knows how they treated it before that. Thanks for asking Bruce.

Pt O.
Pt O. · 6 GH (2008-2012)

avoid Gh series at all cost weak suspensions bad transmissions ,, rust , melting dashes , problems with timing chains they are heaps of crap 1st mazda owned and last.. TOYOTA all way

Lucas
Lucas

OK I've never had a mazda just herd they were a good car to buy I'm currently in the market for a another car not shor what to buy.

Grant E.

I brought a GH Mazda 6 ltd 2010 GEN 2 and its the best car I have ever owned the 2.5 lt engine is awesome providing heaps of power too. Nothing has broken on it . I just upgraded suspension with H&R springs and Powered shocks , also a engine strut brace its lowered about 30mm and sits well on the road .

Bianca S.
Bianca S.

I own a 2009 Mazda 6 luxury sports Are there softer shocks? Looking for shocks and suspension that arnt so hard

Carol O. · 6

I have a 2010 Mazda 6 luxury sports, purchased 2nd hand nay21 with only 135k on odometer. The car has run beautifully until may 29th this year. I exited one road into another and when I went to accelerate, the entire dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree and the car went ‘limp’. I pulled up immediately and contacted roadside assist. While waiting I switched engine off. When tow arrived, I started car and only oil light showing so he drove it onto flatbed. I went with him and he drove it off flatbed and parked at my mechanic. My mechanic wasn’t able to look at it until 2 weeks later and advised he thought I had a water leak into engine and had shorted out the cpu? and starter motor and now the car is not running at all. He advised to call insurance who then towed car to their repairers.
Another 3 weeks later and I’ve been denied insurance and car towed back home. But now I have a car full of water - totally saturated inside and full of mould. Until this instance there were absolutely no signs of water leaks, no smells, dampness or condensation, no mechanical hiccups or other trouble. Not sure what to do but the car was going and they’ve returned my car which is a complete write off

Veronica D.

That’s shocking, could something possibly have happened to it at the mechanics?

Carol O.

It absolutely had to have been caused by the mechanics, no other way my previously dry car could have gotten so full of water. It’s absolutely disgraceful that they won’t even take ownership of their total screw up

Pt O.
Pt O. · 6 GH (2008-2012)

Under my 2008 awd 6 speed 2.5ltr GH series Mazda 6 or altenza as they are called in New Zealand is a square hole under that motor in which I can see what looks to be the fly wheel. from the hole I get the odd oil leak. Is this something I should worry about. Its not noticeable oil usage wise as yet.

Eva M.
Eva M. · 6

When does the Mazda 6 ,2012 touring wagon need to have timing chain , changed if it's maintenance free

Peter-k
Peter-k

Hello Eva, I've never had an issue with the timing chain, and was unaware that it ever need replacing, or adjusting. regrades Peter

Eva M.
Eva M. · 6

What does maintenance free timing chain mean in the Mazda six touring wagon 2012

Nigel
Nigel · 6 GG/GY (2002-2007)

Is there any difference between 2004 mazda 6 and a2006 boot layout. Looking to buy a trunk liner. The 2004 is half the price. Mine is a 2006.

Bruce M.
Bruce M. · 6 GG/GY (2002-2007)

Surging , running rich and using fuel ?

Sammy D.
Sammy D. · 6 GG/GY (2002-2007)

What are the major services after 145000ks?

Robert M.
Robert M. · 6

Is there anyway to diy a sunroof stuck open on a 2005 mazda 6 luxury sports sedan ?

Pauline teale
Pauline teale · 6

My macda 6 luxury 2002, very noisy and squeeqy on straight runs it's embarrassing??

Bren
Bren · 6 GJ (2013-2016)

I’m currently looking at a 2014 diesel Mazda 6 wagon, I see a mix of good and very bad reviews, can someone shed some light as a long term user as to what the reliability is??

Peter
Peter · 6 GH (2008-2012)

My Mazda 6 hatch GH, 2010 luxury sports model, (sunroof, leather seats, navigation system etc) passenger side dash has just recently started "melting" after being parked in the sun (Brisbane QLD) for a few hours over several days. This car is garaged every night, when at head office it is parked under shade sails or totally undercover. It has 96000 km on the clock. Not a lot of Kilometers as I have another older Mazda 626 that I use for a lot of other tasks, such as parking at bus stations, etc. Is Mazda Australia replacing these obviously faulty dash's? Mine is under ten years old and in America they accepted the fault and extended the warranty to ten years for the dash. I see the Mazda 3 also has the same problem as well. Seen footage where Current Affairs in New Zealand got involved for a owner who was ignored from the start and the issue was resolved free of charge, after their involvement. I had the previous Mazda 6 Hatch 2006, model GG from new and never had an issue with it. Only sold it last year, 2019. If they are not willing to fix it I doubt I will buy another new Mazda. Will they replace it? It should be done free of charge.

Update, went to Mazda Mt Gravatt (QLD) today (28/01/2020) and they are going to fit a new passenger side dash on Friday (31/01/2020). That is the section of dash that is affected, in three days time at no charge. Excellent response, Zoom, Zoom Mazda.

Grant E.

Buy a Dash mat , I brought mine from fitmycar and it has a life time colour warranty its great

Allan
Allan · 6

Mazda6s purchased in 2014. Front Ball Joints need replacing. Should this happen in a car that has done just 98,000km? Manufactures warranty?

Mphodi
Mphodi · 6

How long is the fan belt?

Select a listing for your question
Mazda 6

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Mazda? Claim your listing.