Maze 245L 2 Compartment Compost Tumbler

Maze 245L 2 Compartment Compost Tumbler

245L Maze Tumbler Love this product A+A+A+

This product 245L Tumbler is the new replacement tumbler to the old 230L Keter tumbler.
It is fantastic works well and Maze has great aftercare service.
We will definitely be buying more products from Maze and happy that Bunnings sell all their products at great pricing.

A+A+A+A+

Purchased at bunnings for $247.00.

Don't bother

The concept seemed great at the time so I purchased one to have a 2nd bin in use. Soon as some weight is applied the bottom end gives way and everything falls out the bottom, total waste of money as I now don't use it.
I had to use heavy duty tape to keep it together, what's the use of that? Wasn't cheap either.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

I love this item

I bought this item 2 months ago and already made my first batch on compost on one side and the other side is filling up with waste quickly. Considering the barrel is almost full i can still turn it thanks to the handle. Highly recommend this item as i have tried a lot of composters and even another tumbler that was impossible to turn.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Don’t bother!

Terrible product. Bin became too heavy to turn and thus the handle snapped in half. Plus it took forever to put together. Not worth the money or hassle. I notice when I go for walks in my area no one else has this bin so that should have been a warning sign.

Will be buying a different compost bin next time.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Great product

I bought this items 5 weeks ago and just emptied one side of compost. I have tried composting before and have never managed to get it right. This product makes it very easy to empty the compost which has always been the incredibly frustrating part of other composers. Having the 2 compartments is a really clever feature which means i don't need to have a second unit while my compost is cooking.

Maze 240L Compost Tumbler

I recently purchased a Maze 245L 2 Compartment Compost Tumbler thinking it would be a good piece of equipment to compost kitchen scraps. I already have a large black bin (400L?) which makes excellent compost but thought it would be a good idea to get another bin so one could be curing while the other is being filled. I thought the 245L Maze Tumbler would be the ideal interim composter, biiggg mistake!

The composting scraps in one side will fit into a standard 9L house bucket and the side I am presently using would loosely fill a bucket. That has made the barrel almost too heavy to turn. I have to lift and roll the bin with one hand while turning the handle with the other hand. I can feel the strain on the handle and cogs and expect something to break soon.

The idea of composting one side while you fill the other is not plausible. It takes more time to compost one side than to fill the other side so your composting comes to a stop. The bin also leaks like a sieve so when we have rain like we get in the tropics the composting material in one side and fresh scraps in the other end up in a slop.

I do not have faith in the handle and gearing lasting very long when you have the strain on them that is required to turn the barrel. I feel the spiel given about the composter is a little over the top.

I think it is an expensive gimmick and not worth buying if you are serious about composting. I could have bought 3 large black bins that work for the $249 I paid for this toy.

Sooo sorry I did not do more homework.

I find it hard to empty once composting is done as the sliding door is so small. Any suggestions?
I had the same problem. I placed a piece of fibrolite, or maybe you could use an old tarp on the ground underneath, removed both doors and turned the bin until the openings were on the bottom. I then rocked the bin half way forward and then half way backwards until no more compost would fall out. That got about 75% out and then it was get down and dirty by raking out the rest by hand. I do not put liquid in my bin but the compost is always dripping on the grass. The rain leaks in and inside condensation keeps my compost dripping wet. I take the compost, after about 4 weeks and only half cured, from the tumbler and put it in my good old reliable 200L black bin. I view this composter as a $240 white elephant. Should have bought another $50 200L black bin..

Similar listings