Maze 245L 2 Compartment Compost Tumbler

Maze 245L 2 Compartment Compost Tumbler

See the Best Compost Bins in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Bought this about 9 months ago. Very happy with my composting results. It was easy to assemble with an easy to read manual, nothing leaks, no smell, easy to empty. Ideal for a small backyard and small household. I can manage it by myself without help from my man. Unfortunately the handle broke the other day. I send an e-mail to MAZE customer service and had a reply the next morning, saying they'll send me an upgraded handle for replacement. I call this an excellent customer service!

Betty

BettyNorth Queensland, QLD

Very well designed

I was very impressed with this composter. It is very well built and easy to use. The two compartments and larger sliding doors makes this the best design that I've seen anywhere.

Purchased in April 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $249.00.

Jon M.

Jon M.Sydney, NSW

Fantastic Composter

Purchased this a year ago and has been extensively used by our family. A great product to help reduce our green waste- we have really noticed the difference in what we send out to landfill. Good instructions to install and have regularly changed compost with no issues - having two compartments is also a good feature. Best of all has been the after sales service- the manufacturer has been super helpful when contacted and provided excellent customer service

Purchased in July 2018.

Jackie W

Jackie WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great for my small garden. Supportive provider.

The two bins for flexibility and ratchet mechanism for ease of operation allow this product to stand out. It is robust and a suitable size for my small household and garden. The providers of this product are supportive with after sales service - unusual these days.

Purchased in May 2018.

Kate Parker

Kate ParkerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I love this product

This Composting system has halved my rubbish and mad my garden thrive!
I absolutely love the two compartments allowing you to create beautiful compost whilst still recycling your kitchen scraps.
I bought one for my holiday house as I don't want to live without my maze tumbler composter.
Do yourself a favour and get one... or two

Purchased in July 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $249.00.

Kerri Price

Kerri PriceEvatt 2617, ACT

The best!

It’s very easy to assemble, and a dream to use. This compost bin has saved my landfill by 50%., and the end product has enriched my vegetable garden immensely. I can’t recommend it highly enough.

Purchased in May 2018.

245L Maze Tumbler Love this product A+A+A+

This product 245L Tumbler is the new replacement tumbler to the old 230L Keter tumbler.
It is fantastic works well and Maze has great aftercare service.
We will definitely be buying more products from Maze and happy that Bunnings sell all their products at great pricing.

A+A+A+A+

Purchased in November 2017 at bunnings for $247.00.

Don't bother

The concept seemed great at the time so I purchased one to have a 2nd bin in use. Soon as some weight is applied the bottom end gives way and everything falls out the bottom, total waste of money as I now don't use it.
I had to use heavy duty tape to keep it together, what's the use of that? Wasn't cheap either.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Maze
Ronen M.Maze

Hi, this review is for a different composter as this one was only released in in late 2017. The older version (by a different manufacturer) did have faults like the one you describe.

I love this item

I bought this item 2 months ago and already made my first batch on compost on one side and the other side is filling up with waste quickly. Considering the barrel is almost full i can still turn it thanks to the handle. Highly recommend this item as i have tried a lot of composters and even another tumbler that was impossible to turn.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Alana H

Alana HBallarat

Don’t bother!

Terrible product. Bin became too heavy to turn and thus the handle snapped in half. Plus it took forever to put together. Not worth the money or hassle. I notice when I go for walks in my area no one else has this bin so that should have been a warning sign.

Will be buying a different compost bin next time.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Kobs

KobsCanberra

Great product

I bought this items 5 weeks ago and just emptied one side of compost. I have tried composting before and have never managed to get it right. This product makes it very easy to empty the compost which has always been the incredibly frustrating part of other composers. Having the 2 compartments is a really clever feature which means i don't need to have a second unit while my compost is cooking.

Bert DAtherton N.Q.

Maze 240L Compost Tumbler

Ang

Angasked

I find it hard to empty once composting is done as the sliding door is so small. Any suggestions?

Bert D

I had the same problem. I placed a piece of fibrolite, or maybe you could use an old tarp on the ground underneath, removed both doors and turned the bin until the openings were on the bottom. I then rocked the bin half way forward and then half way backwards until no more compost would fall out. That got about 75% out and then it was get down and dirty by raking out the rest by hand. I do not put liquid in my bin but the compost is always dripping on the grass. The rain leaks in and inside condensation keeps my compost dripping wet. I take the compost, after about 4 weeks and only half cured, from the tumbler and put it in my good old reliable 200L black bin. I view this composter as a $240 white elephant. Should have bought another $50 200L black bin..

Get an answer from our members and Maze representatives