Maze 245L 2 Compartment Compost Tumbler

4.2

libby

libby

Love it.

A well designed composter and the 2 compartments work very well. Well made and designed. I used the youTube video to help me put it together which really helped. I would recommend not filling it to capacity if your strength is limited as this large composter gets very heavy to turn. They also have a smaller composter. Love love love not throwing food waste in the bin.

Purchased in March 2020 for A$329.00.

Jan Ash

Love the product, great customer service

Such a well designed composting system. You add to one side while the other is maturing, easy to empty and to use, it produces lovely compost quickly. After two years of constant use, the handle broke last week and I have received a new upgraded one (it feels more solid) after just a few days! Excellent customer service should anything go wrong, but I'd have to say the quality and design are great.

Purchased in April 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$249.00.

LoveToShop

LoveToShopVictoria

Decent compost tumbler

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for A$249.99.

Compost Bins

Find out how Maze 245L 2 Compartment Compost Tumbler compares to other Compost Bins

Bought this about 9 months ago. Very happy with my composting results. It was easy to assemble with an easy to read manual, nothing leaks, no smell, easy to empty. Ideal for a small backyard and small household. I can manage it by myself without help from my man. Unfortunately the handle broke the other day. I send an e-mail to MAZE customer service and had a reply the next morning, saying they'll send me an upgraded handle for replacement. I call this an excellent customer service!

Betty

BettyNorth Queensland, QLD

Very well designed

I was very impressed with this composter. It is very well built and easy to use. The two compartments and larger sliding doors makes this the best design that I've seen anywhere.

Purchased in April 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$249.00.

Jon M.

Jon M.Sydney, NSW

Fantastic Composter

Purchased this a year ago and has been extensively used by our family. A great product to help reduce our green waste- we have really noticed the difference in what we send out to landfill. Good instructions to install and have regularly changed compost with no issues - having two compartments is also a good feature. Best of all has been the after sales service- the manufacturer has been super helpful when contacted and provided excellent customer service

Purchased in July 2018.

Jackie W

Jackie WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great for my small garden. Supportive provider.

The two bins for flexibility and ratchet mechanism for ease of operation allow this product to stand out. It is robust and a suitable size for my small household and garden. The providers of this product are supportive with after sales service - unusual these days.

Purchased in May 2018.

Kate Parker

Kate ParkerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I love this product

This Composting system has halved my rubbish and mad my garden thrive!
I absolutely love the two compartments allowing you to create beautiful compost whilst still recycling your kitchen scraps.
I bought one for my holiday house as I don't want to live without my maze tumbler composter.
Do yourself a favour and get one... or two

Purchased in July 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$249.00.

Kerri Price

Kerri PriceEvatt 2617, ACT

The best!

It’s very easy to assemble, and a dream to use. This compost bin has saved my landfill by 50%., and the end product has enriched my vegetable garden immensely. I can’t recommend it highly enough.

Purchased in May 2018.

John Storey

John Storey

245L Maze Tumbler Love this product A+A+A+

This product 245L Tumbler is the new replacement tumbler to the old 230L Keter tumbler.
It is fantastic works well and Maze has great aftercare service.
We will definitely be buying more products from Maze and happy that Bunnings sell all their products at great pricing.

A+A+A+A+

Purchased in November 2017 at bunnings for A$247.00.

Don't bother

The concept seemed great at the time so I purchased one to have a 2nd bin in use. Soon as some weight is applied the bottom end gives way and everything falls out the bottom, total waste of money as I now don't use it.
I had to use heavy duty tape to keep it together, what's the use of that? Wasn't cheap either.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Ronen M.Maze

Hi, this review is for a different composter as this one was only released in in late 2017. The older version (by a different manufacturer) did have faults like the one you describe.

I love this item

I bought this item 2 months ago and already made my first batch on compost on one side and the other side is filling up with waste quickly. Considering the barrel is almost full i can still turn it thanks to the handle. Highly recommend this item as i have tried a lot of composters and even another tumbler that was impossible to turn.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Alana H

Alana HBallarat

Don’t bother!

Terrible product. Bin became too heavy to turn and thus the handle snapped in half. Plus it took forever to put together. Not worth the money or hassle. I notice when I go for walks in my area no one else has this bin so that should have been a warning sign.

Will be buying a different compost bin next time.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Kobs

KobsCanberra

Great product

I bought this items 5 weeks ago and just emptied one side of compost. I have tried composting before and have never managed to get it right. This product makes it very easy to empty the compost which has always been the incredibly frustrating part of other composers. Having the 2 compartments is a really clever feature which means i don't need to have a second unit while my compost is cooking.

Bert D

Bert DAtherton N.Q.

Maze 240L Compost Tumbler

Philip Masked

The cogs on my tumbler catch once I start turning. I can force it to continue with some effort. It will then go alright, but with more force needed, and not particularly smoothly. I am fairly sure it was put together correctly. Other than this, I am happy with the tumbler. Any advice would be helpful. Philip.

Jan Ash

I'm not sure what you mean about the cogs catching - it should run smoothly one way (there's a brake to stop it going backwards). When full, it can be heavy and require a bit of weight, but not forcing. I'd send a message (and you might have to send a video to show what you mean) to the manufacturer. They were very helpful when I had an issue.

Ronen M.Maze

Thanks Jan for the assistance, Hi Philip please feel free to send an some photos or video to rmazor@mazeproducts.com.au and we will try to figure out what is going wrong. Ronen

Philip M

It feels like the cogs are not meshing exactly, and it stops.I have to turn really hard to start it again, and then it will usually keep going if I keep the speed up. Also, I find it will go backwards the same as forward. Do the screws that hold the gear pieces attached to the drum need to be loose, allowing them to move a bit ,and possibly mesh better? Thanks for any help you can give. It is too hard for my wife to do by a long way.
Philip M.

Berniasked

Wanting to buy my brother a compost bin for his birthday present. I am really confused which one to buy either the Maze 160L Roto Twin Tumbler or the Maze 245L Compartment Compost Tumbler? Advice please. Is the handle long lasting on the Maze 245, is there a replacement warranty on the handle? Will the bins become too heavy to tumble?

Ronen M.Maze

Hi Berni, Both items are good and the key is the both have the two sides so one side can be filled and then left to mature while the other side starts to fill. If there are a few people in the house and there will also be garden waste then the 160L capacity may not be enough. The 245L also have the handle and gear to make it easier to turn as well as bigger openings which makes it easier to fill and to empty the composter. I hope this helps but if not please feel free to email on at rmazor@mazeproducts.com.au. Ronen

Berni

Thanks Ronen, I purchased the 245L this afternoon.
Cheers

Chicken Lover

Chicken Loverasked

Can I compost chicken manure successfully with this unit?

Ronen M.Maze

Hi, yes you should be able to however i would not add to much as it is all about getting the mix right.

Get an answer from our members and Maze representatives