Maze 245L 2 Compartment Compost Tumbler

Maze 245L 2 Compartment Compost Tumbler

Beer lover

Beer loverPort Lincoln

Incorrect parts list

Good product good quality. However it came with extra screws that I didn’t need and not enough of the size I needed. Extra time travel and expenses. Disappointing when you pay top dollar

Purchased in December 2020 for $249.00.

Melwee

MelweePerth, WA

Easy enough to assemble if time is taken to follow instructions carefully

I’ve assembled in 2 hrs 15mins without rushing. Some “possible” improvement is to have the nuts(AG/AH),locked into position (where practical), by moulding or glue...to help speed up the assembly.
Also in Step 6...if the images left and centre were switched(shown in black arrows below)...it saves the process of flipping over the barrel

Purchased in November 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $249.00.

Ian

IanTasmania

Great product

Great product and well made and designed, got this from Bunnings after many weeks of deciding which would be the best one for my needs, fairly easy to construct make sure you read the instructions well and have plenty of room to work their is a youtube link to follow if you wish, highly recommend this product i will update my review as the weeks go by on how the compost bin is preforming

29/01/2021
I have had this for a couple of months and have had two lots of awesome compost I’m so happy with this product I’m going to buy another one so I can double my compost production

Purchased in October 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Compost Bins

Find out how Maze 245L 2 Compartment Compost Tumbler compares to other Compost Bins

libby

libby

Love it.

A well designed composter and the 2 compartments work very well. Well made and designed. I used the youTube video to help me put it together which really helped. I would recommend not filling it to capacity if your strength is limited as this large composter gets very heavy to turn. They also have a smaller composter. Love love love not throwing food waste in the bin.

Purchased in March 2020 for $329.00.

Jan Ash

Jan Ash

Love the product, great customer service

Such a well designed composting system. You add to one side while the other is maturing, easy to empty and to use, it produces lovely compost quickly. After two years of constant use, the handle broke last week and I have received a new upgraded one (it feels more solid) after just a few days! Excellent customer service should anything go wrong, but I'd have to say the quality and design are great.

Purchased in April 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $249.00.

LoveToShop

LoveToShopVictoria

Decent compost tumbler

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for $249.99.

Bought this about 9 months ago. Very happy with my composting results. It was easy to assemble with an easy to read manual, nothing leaks, no smell, easy to empty. Ideal for a small backyard and small household. I can manage it by myself without help from my man. Unfortunately the handle broke the other day. I send an e-mail to MAZE customer service and had a reply the next morning, saying they'll send me an upgraded handle for replacement. I call this an excellent customer service!

Betty

BettyNorth Queensland, QLD

Very well designed

I was very impressed with this composter. It is very well built and easy to use. The two compartments and larger sliding doors makes this the best design that I've seen anywhere.

Purchased in April 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $249.00.

Jon M.

Jon M.Sydney, NSW

Fantastic Composter

Purchased this a year ago and has been extensively used by our family. A great product to help reduce our green waste- we have really noticed the difference in what we send out to landfill. Good instructions to install and have regularly changed compost with no issues - having two compartments is also a good feature. Best of all has been the after sales service- the manufacturer has been super helpful when contacted and provided excellent customer service

Purchased in July 2018.

Jackie W

Jackie WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great for my small garden. Supportive provider.

The two bins for flexibility and ratchet mechanism for ease of operation allow this product to stand out. It is robust and a suitable size for my small household and garden. The providers of this product are supportive with after sales service - unusual these days.

Purchased in May 2018.

Kate Parker

Kate ParkerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I love this product

This Composting system has halved my rubbish and mad my garden thrive!
I absolutely love the two compartments allowing you to create beautiful compost whilst still recycling your kitchen scraps.
I bought one for my holiday house as I don't want to live without my maze tumbler composter.
Do yourself a favour and get one... or two

Purchased in July 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $249.00.

Kerri Price

Kerri PriceEvatt 2617, ACT

The best!

It’s very easy to assemble, and a dream to use. This compost bin has saved my landfill by 50%., and the end product has enriched my vegetable garden immensely. I can’t recommend it highly enough.

Purchased in May 2018.

245L Maze Tumbler Love this product A+A+A+

This product 245L Tumbler is the new replacement tumbler to the old 230L Keter tumbler.
It is fantastic works well and Maze has great aftercare service.
We will definitely be buying more products from Maze and happy that Bunnings sell all their products at great pricing.

A+A+A+A+

Purchased in November 2017 at bunnings for $247.00.

Don't bother

The concept seemed great at the time so I purchased one to have a 2nd bin in use. Soon as some weight is applied the bottom end gives way and everything falls out the bottom, total waste of money as I now don't use it.
I had to use heavy duty tape to keep it together, what's the use of that? Wasn't cheap either.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Ronen M.Maze

Hi, this review is for a different composter as this one was only released in in late 2017. The older version (by a different manufacturer) did have faults like the one you describe.

I love this item

I bought this item 2 months ago and already made my first batch on compost on one side and the other side is filling up with waste quickly. Considering the barrel is almost full i can still turn it thanks to the handle. Highly recommend this item as i have tried a lot of composters and even another tumbler that was impossible to turn.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Alana H

Alana HBallarat

Don’t bother!

Terrible product. Bin became too heavy to turn and thus the handle snapped in half. Plus it took forever to put together. Not worth the money or hassle. I notice when I go for walks in my area no one else has this bin so that should have been a warning sign.

Will be buying a different compost bin next time.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Kobs

KobsCanberra

Great product

I bought this items 5 weeks ago and just emptied one side of compost. I have tried composting before and have never managed to get it right. This product makes it very easy to empty the compost which has always been the incredibly frustrating part of other composers. Having the 2 compartments is a really clever feature which means i don't need to have a second unit while my compost is cooking.

Bert D

Bert DAtherton N.Q.

Maze 240L Compost Tumbler

Pamela F.

Pamela F.asked

I have had my compost bin for a year now and when I try and turn the handle the top gears and handle separate so that the bin cannot turn. It is not too full (one is half full and the other side empty. How can I fix this?

S S.

S S.asked

Today I received my Maze Compost Tumbler but unfortunately one of the panel - part no B damaged (cracked).

Ronen M.Maze

Hi, Sorry to hear about the damaged part. I am not sure if you have contacted out office to organize this. If you you can also fill in a parts request on the following page: http://spareparts.mazedistribution.com.au/cparts.php?id=111&cat_id=1

JLJ

JLJasked

I've had my Maze tumbler compost bin for roughly a year. Today the handle broke off. Is there a replacement part and, if so, where can I order from? Thank you

Ronen M.Maze

Hi, sorry to hear about this issue. I would love to see some photos to understand where it broke to see if it is something we can improve on. Can you email be at rmazor@mazeproducts.com.au with photos and your address details and i will make sure we send it out ASAP. Regards Ronen

See all Maze 245L 2 Compartment Compost Tumbler questions

Get an answer from our members and Maze representatives