Mercator Caprice

Mercator Caprice

See the Best Ceiling Fans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great fans and alternative to aircon

We love these fans, have them in the bedrooms, lounge and kitchen and have recently just added 2 more in dining and playroom. They are great for everyday use and air flow as well as keeping cool on those really hot days. They are quiet and affordable and look much more expensive than they actually are. Love that they have included a light and the remote is a handy little feature making it incredibly easy to use when lounging around!

Purchased in January 2019.

Noise Level
Power

Great ceiling fan

Purchased the Mercator Caprice 1300 ceiling fan. Powerful fan & has a great feature called 'sea breeze' which makes the fan go fast then slow automatically. Fan has a centre light & takes 2 dimmable globes which is controlled by a remote. We had a minor issue with the lights as no instructions were included in the remote box but was quickly sorted out after a phone call. There is a switch inside the remote which change the lights to dimmer. Fan is very quiet & warranty is 3 years.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Compatible dimmable led globes link for above fan: www.sal.net.au/products/interior-led-lighting/led-lamps/lt-series-lt409d

Less problematic than other brands

We have installed more than 20 of the same fan with light light fittings, with or without remote. Only 1/20 is a lemon and is able to get a quick swap so we can finish off our job. Air flow is good and not noisy or wabbaly. Highly recommended as an electrician.

Exceptional Service & Support from Mercator

Recently I purchased 4 Mercator Caprice Ceiling Fans as they were recommended by my electrician. Mercator have clearly listened to feedback and modified there design over time to make installation for electricians easier. Before I forget, the fan performance is great and they are run smoothly & quietly and have a 6 year warranty (split between in home & return to retailer). The wall plates (light switch & fan speed controller) which come with the fan are configured vertically. My existing switches were landscape. As we were worried about damaging the wall plates when we removed the switches/controllers to mount them suitably, I emailed Mercator asking for 4 spare wall plates. Mercator immediately rang me and sent out 4 new complete wall plates (including switches & speed controllers) configured vertically. Sensational service, which I greatly appreciated; thank you Mercator; From my experience definitely a quality caring supplier of great well designed products,

We have purchased 6 fans and I am upset with the middle speed. It is barely faster than the low speed and is not even worth having on. The fast speed is quite noisy but powerful. Is there a reason that the middle speed is not a happy medium of low and high speeds?

Is the LED light with the Caprice dimmable?
Hi Wendi, I am afraid I cannot answer this question mine fans do not have Led lights. I have found Mercator excellent to deal with; their contact details http://www.mercator.com.au/contacts/new. I hope this assists,