Mercedes-Benz Sprinter NCV3

Mercedes-Benz Sprinter NCV3 (2006-2018) Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Mercedes-Benz? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

6 questions from our users

darrell
darrell asked

can i replace rear ths barn door with a door from 317 317 mb printer ??? thanks

Trisha T.asked
Sprinter NCV3 (2006-2018)

I am in the early stage of purchase of a 2012 Mercedes sprinter motorhome, has covered 260,000 Kms. What should I tell the R.A.A. Mechanic to look for other than a meticulase report....

prayoub1
prayoub1

Its a prayer..... Mine has 265,000 miles and the when it runs it feels new. 95% of the time there are engine lights on the dash flashing. I get a week or two before its something else. Just spent $2500 on a new DEF tank since the level sensor broke (again) first one broke at 90,000 and was covered under warranty. I did the work myself this time. Last year it was the particulate filter at $3700 and the list goes on and on. Currently the vehicle goes into limp mode every day. So so sad. An overall look in and out may indicate good maintenance. The proper records and the the correct oil is key. Plan on $3000 -$5000 a year for maintenance. Dood luck !!!

Trisha T.

Appreciate your answer thanks for the warning.

Is Limp mode a scam!!!!
In my personal opinion Mercedes Limp Mode is the Bigger Rip-off by a Manufacture in Australia, The limp mode fault with this vehicle puts the driver at risk by randomly taking control from the driver and being forced to continue with limited power and control until you are able to stop the vehicle to reset the feature. This fault has had an enormous impact on me causing many near misses on both highway and suburban driving. I have outlined these in previous correspondence and Mercedes Australia/Cricks Auto Group are aware of the safety risks that they put drivers into. I believe that Mercedes Australia have now stopped my van randomly switching into limp mode after 3 years, which after having this problem reported to Cricks Auto Croup ever since Ive had this vehicle and they could not fix this!. I believe this is why Cricks did not want to fix my vehicle under warranty and continued to delay repairing this, as well as telling their customers that limp mode is part of the vehicles safety network. It seems that by delaying this work, they can then charge their customers over and over again when the vehicles are out of warranty to perform this work. They are prepared to put their customers safety at serious risk, even injury or death over money. Cricks Auto Group using it to diagnose what every they want and are charging customers triple that of other mechanic as the have a monopoly on this.

Linda Masked
Sprinter NCV3 (2006-2018)

We have a 2015 sprinter 519 4x4 13000 km it has a whining noise particular @ 1800-2000 rpm.The dealers solution was to put on new tyres and a wheel alignment.The noise is still there,but slightly quieter. Any ideas?

Davo

Hi Linda can you record the sound on your phone and send it to me, I can ask around.

Linda M

Not easy to record on the phone as we have a motorhome and there is a bit of noise from the skylight window above.

Camper
Camper

Talking about whining - Our merceedes C class had this from new. I found it coming from rear back window. It had to be resealed. Warrenty fix ok on second service only because I had it on video - mercedes played dumb before that and didn’t want to do a thing about it.

Slim Hunter
Slim Hunterasked
Sprinter NCV3 (2006-2018)

Hi the company I work for bought an auto Sprinter in December 2016. Since then it has only done about 3000km. The fuel consumption is crap. Last week we filled it up and only got 427km before needing to be filled again with 70litrs of diesel! This was almost no load from Canberra to Perisher and back!
Anybody else have similar problems?

Davo

Hi Slim, Mercedes, Vans have been getting less and less fuel consumption every year (Did they give you a fuel consumption for your Van at the dealership, (They would have) and heaps off problems, I believe this is done on purpose, You can put in writing (I repute this Van because it does not do the Fuel Consumption I was told, refund my money in 7 days – it’s become the dealer Van again) Please ring me David 0429 999 958

Susan Albertasked
Sprinter NCV3 (2006-2018)

Hi, I'm looking at buying a 2008, 515 Mercedes Sprinter, Auto diesel. It's a motor home. 195,00 klm.
Some of the reviews are a bit scary. Is the 2008 515 a better vehicle than those reviewed?
Sue

Davo

Hi Sue, Get the history on the Van first, Why are they selling!!, I believe Mercedes deliberate engineering of products so they only last for the warranty period. Only 6 of the 275 Sprinter owners I spoke to so far would recommend to buy a Sprinter van again, to me this is not a very good reflection on Mercedes vans. I got 2 Lemons. (can you afford the break downs).

Susan Albert

Hi, they have just bought a caravan. They say they have had no trouble.

Thanks for your info.

MikeIasked
Sprinter NCV3 (2006-2018)

Just bought 2010 316 CDI AWD Sprinter, having 4ETS. I have found many times when on uneven load on diagonal wheels, one or both other diagonal wheels just merrily spin, while ETS warning light flashes but I can't go any further.
Is 4ETS really an equivalent to Diff lock? Or is my vehicle ETS not working properly?

Keith
Keith

Seems to me you have a problem, possibly with the abs or asr, but certainly some expert diagnosis is required. My impression of the drive system is that it is almost designed for amateurs, as the transmission computer works its wonders. When the going does get a bit sticky, we just hit the button for "all wheel drive" and continue on our way without effort. Fully loaded, we are just under the 4500Kg. Most of our driving is on hard stoney dirt tracks. Not much mud, which is just as well, as you have great difficulty getting all terrain tyres to fit in Australia. "Weird" hub size together with rear duals and the vehicle weight. Summing up, the transmission seems to put the power where required.

MikeI

Much appreciated Keith. Good to hear from another AWD Sprinter owner. Seems you are quite happy with the capabilities of your Sprinter. Am still under "used car Warranty", but plan to get a video of it doing the wrong thing so they can't just connect to the computer and tell me all is well. Any idea where the OIL and FUEL filter is located? So far I just can't see them?...lol Regards Mike West Australia

See all Mercedes-Benz Sprinter questions

Mercedes-Benz Sprinter NCV3 (2006-2018)

Other Vans