Microsoft Surface Laptop 2
See the Best Laptops in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Microsoft

3.8

Kylie
    KylieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Glitch, not working probably, manufacture faulty product, no refund/new exchange policy

Purchased in at The Good Guy for $1,650.

JessM.2000
    JessM.2000South East Queensland, QLD

Beautiful computer

Purchased in at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $1,198.

Desmond Last
    Desmond LastSydney, NSW

Could not live without my Surface 2

I am a writer and I also use my laptop for music production in association with an Akai MPC Live. The Surface is fast and very responsive. I have been the target of hacking and the Surface has coped with the attempted intrusion. It is unbelievably light and very very thin. One criticism is that I have to use a bluetooth mouse. For some reason using the touchpad only leaves the Surface open to localised minor hacking - that of course is my opinion. However I had to have 3 Surface exchanged until I tried the mouse to fix the problem. I informed Microsoft security but they want so much information/proof I took it no further. I have had no other problems. Highly recommended.

Purchased in at Harvey Norman for $2,000.

Amy
    Amy

Great battery life and performance

Purchased this after having a bad experience with Lenovo yoga 530. The battery life is the best and the laptop is of extremely high quality. Only annoying thing is the texture of the keyboard area as it is velvety and gets dirty quite quickly. Reasonable price if you get the education discount.

Purchased in at JB Hi-Fi for $1,350.

Laptops

Find out how Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 compares to other Laptops

Neveragain.
    Neveragain.asked
    Surface Laptop 2

Purchased Microsoft Laptop 2 and after acclimatisation found speeds and operation OK. The computer is used in a domestic situation with email traffic and Internet browsing prominent in quite light useage. I have used a Logitech mouse since startup with all connections via WiFi.
    Recently, the keyboard failed and would not connect to the monitor at all. I followed online instructions about resurrecting keyboard and found myself in all sorts of trouble, eventually having to restore to an earlier date. Mouse still OK. I found the on screen keyboard impossible to use and in the end connected an old WiFi mouse and keyboard to enable this exercise.
    I made inquiries about repairs and was told to "throw it away and get something else" the "repairability of these units being Nil".
    If anyone can provide me with help on this, please keep it simple as I'm not really au-fait with computers behind the screen. Or a repairer.

The unit was purchased from JB Hi Fi Airport West in 2019 for $1350

Get an answer from our members and Microsoft representatives

Microsoft Surface Laptop 2