Miele DG 6200

Miele DG 6200

2.6

Trotsky

TrotskyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Failed to operate from beginning

like several other users, the "insufficient water" icon lights up and over won't work. Brand new.
    Have heaps of Miele appliances and always been fine. Service have "not heard of this problem" I now have to wait for a service call....I work full time, so that's in 3 weeks when i can take "12-5" off!!!!

Purchased in May 2019.

Miele
    Miele representativeMiele
    Penny

Penny

The best kitchen appliance

We installed the Miele DG6200 steamer oven in our new kitchen, on putting it through a cycle to remove any packing grease it came up with an error message that advised us to call the Miele service centre, Miele were great 2 days later our local dealer installed a new steamer and it has worked perfectly ever since. We very rarely use the microwave now. It is fantastic having all the vegetables cooked at the same time, no juggling of bowls in and out of the microwave.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
    Miele
    Miele representativeMiele

Thank you Penny for your feedback!

RodL

RodLSydney

Best part of my kitchen

This steam oven is one of my favourite appliances, really easy to use and very useful when cooking asian steamed dishes. Frozen dumplings, steamed fish, chinese buns (mantou) are superb in this machine. Easy to clean as well. Allows us to host guests more easily, as it is very quick to whip up food in the steamer.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
    Steam Ovens

Find out how Miele DG 6200 compares to other Steam Ovens

In the sticks

In the sticksRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Insufficient water!!!

The steam oven has not worked since it was purchased. Model DG6200
    The 'insufficient water' icon keeps flashing (obviously the water jug is in place and has more than the minimum and less than the maximum amount of water)
    I have tried everything and after googling everything and several calls to miele i have given up hope of it working.

Date PurchasedDec 2013
    Kip

KipPerth

Miele DG6200 steamer not

I also have the Miele DG6200 and it did not work from the beginning also.
    Keeps saying water level is low or empty. The service person mentioned that this is not the first time he has seen this problem. We are waiting for the part to arrive for replacement.
    This is the first time I use steamer. I chose Miele because of its well known quality.
    I have not used any other Miele product before.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
    Bbatsml

BbatsmlSydney

Hopeless DG6200

Got a new Miele DG6200 steam oven. It did not work from the beginning. It kept flashing an error icon on the led display "insufficient water or missing water jug". Called for service and rang Melbourne. Given 3 contacts in Sydney. Rang two and they said we are too far for them (southern suburbs). The first visit said the unit need a new controller board and it still did not work. Then it need to change a pump. How many parts can be changed in a new Miele steam oven. Don't try to think to get a replacement unit as only after three failed attempts of repair would Miele give you a new unit. It is such a frustrating experience and most of all a very disappointing policy from such renown company. Not impressed with after sales support.

eSally