Miele H 2661 BP

Miele H 2661 BP

Wall Ovens Buying Guide

For many Australians, a wall oven is essential for home cooking. Built-in ovens aren't just functional, they can deliver a seamless kitchen aesthetic, too. Whether you’re choosing an oven for a new home, renovating your kitchen, or simply upgrading, this buying guide will help you choose the right wall oven for your space.

Read now

4.1

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Preheating Speed

Change of Mind

I was going to buy this Oven H2267-1B Miele but changed my mind after reading comments. Not sure which one is better value for money and easy to use. May F & P, or Bosch ? Harish Patel Wellington

Purchased at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for A$2,000.00.

Cooks at different temps

The salesman at Harvey Norman saw me coming!

I was looking at a Bosch (good reviews) at $1200. The salesman led me to the miele "for only a couple of hundred more this has the following extra features..."

By the time I found out it was double the price O was sold on the 4 workable shelves that all cook at the same temp, no more swapping over shelves halfway through cooking.

FYI it is a massive lie

I bake from home and sell my goods. This oven is not as advertised. It is mediocre. It does not cook evenly at all and if you have food on the 4 shelves the top shelf will burn the rest will be undercooked

It is also about 1/4 as heavy as our old oven, extremely light weight

Purchased in August 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Julia Y.

Julia Y.Sydney, NSW

Oven glass shattered when using pyrolytic function

I owned this oven for just below a year. My very first use of the pyrolytic cleaning, the glass of the oven shattered half way into the cleaning function. I called service line to get it fixed, took two weeks for the appointment. When the serviceman came, we were told that it's rare that the middle panel of the glass shattered and that glass is out of stock and we have to wait another month to get it. The sales service / repair takes ages and I will rethink about getting any Miele products moving forward.

Purchased in June 2019.

Claudie

ClaudieHunter Region, NSW

Perfect very easy to use

Love my Miele oven . Very quick to get to the wright temperature.
Making perfect bread with the moisture plus
Easy to clean easy to use and food always is cooked perfectly.

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$3,000.00.

Product is used Weekly
Miele representativeMiele

Thanks Claudie for taking the time to leave this review! Glad to hear things are going well. Kind regards, Joel.

bellysmellyAU

Very much meh

Purchased in May 2014 at Bing Lee for A$2,099.00.

Bruce

BruceSydney, NSW

Overpriced oven sliders

Oven is fine.
Flexiclip pyrofit oven slides work fine however in 2014, these slides cost $279.01 per pair.
This week I paid $490.00 for the same product. My initial purchase was not part of a special deal with the oven but purchased separately.
This price hike seems extortionate

Purchased in December 2019 at Miele Online Shop for A$490.00.

Juanita A.

Juanita A.Queensland

Not great

Yeah it Cooks food fine, but the air doesn't circulate properly you need to rotate your trays to keep an even brown. Also it uses sooooo much electricity and is super noisy when it cools which takes forever.

PupsNew South Wales

Get very little for the price

For $2,700 plus tax. The oven has ONE rack that doesn't slide and is almost impossible to pull out. i.e., it's useless.
Each sliding additional rack costs $300. plus shipping. I needed two. That brings the total cost to $3,300.
Miele should be ashamed of itself.

Purchased in August 2019.

APa100

APa100

Mixed feedback

Though the oven it does the job well and I mainly choose it for its self cleaning ability - The main warning I have is that if you don't have the expensive runners - the rack when pulled forward tends to tip the dish forward and you risk it falling and shattering your glass and injuring the user - Having teens in the house who use the oven it is rather dangerous. We have one set of telescopic runners but it really should come with 2 sets with the oven at no extra cost it is a safety risk - Also after running the first self clean cycle the door did not seem to close the same and I have somehow managed to shatter the inner glass glass and am still trying to find a way to replace it but it is incredibly expensive to replace

Purchased in January 2017 at Harvey Norman for A$2,400.00.

I.B

I.BAdelaide

Dose the job

The oven it self dose the job, in the beginning I struggled to understand how to use it with all new gadgets and what not, in saying this I felt as if for the price paid for the oven it dose cook the food evenly once you know how to operate the settings.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Lana

LanaSydney, NSW

Fantastic fan force and self cleaning

Fantastic fan force and self cleaning . Heats up quickly and keeps the temperature very good. The best over i have ever had. Amazing grill on it also. The self cleaning is amazing. Although you do need to remove attachments on it. Cooks things to absolute perfection. I would like to see the self cleaning being a bit easier in terms of removing attachments. Other than that its fab

Date PurchasedJun 2011
Miele representativeMiele

Thank you Lana for your feedback!

Amanda

AmandaSydney, NSW

Wonderful

Very happy with this product was installed in my place and has been so good to use. I often use it for cooking meat and cakes. Unlike previous ovens I have used in past which bake unevenly this has been so much better. Also it’s great tha when it’s hot that heat is not felt externally eapically if kids are around.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Miele representativeMiele

Thanks Amanda for your feedback!

Mel

Mel

Wonderful oven

This oven is very good. It has multiple settings for different food types and baking needs. I love that you can turn on fan forced if you want to speed up your cooking time or change to grill, roast etc. The timer is an excellent feature... being able to simpy time your cooking or have the oven turn on and off at a particular time automatically when you are out of the house to come back to a lovely smelling cooked meal os delightful!

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Kayos

KayosHorsham

Wouldn't Recommend it..

Very uneven cooking, one side of tray of biscuits is overcooked and the other side under cooked. Cannot get crispy roast potatoes have tried every method possible and every variety of potatoes. Cakes are hit and miss burnt on the outside and still uncooked in the center. I did months of research in purchasing a new oven went with this one because of the great reviews and my sister in law has one and totally recommended it but for me it has been a total waste of money as they are very expensive and also the inside of the glass door gets dirty which means you have to completely pull it apart to clean it and for expensive oven you should not have to do that. Very disappointed and i would not recommend Miele - wont be buying another one.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Francesco

Francesco

The benefits of being supported by a massive network of services worldwide

The fact that you can bake sweets and also meet dishes and you can add steam to the food to keep the moisture that is needed. The fact that it’s so simple to operate and you have the choice of preprogrammed dishes or manual control for baking.
We have only Miele products in the house from bungler Dromoyne NSW

Date PurchasedJun 2017

MariaS

MariaSSydney, NSW

Great oven!

I love my Miele Oven. I bought it with a new build. The oven heats up quickly. It cooks evenly - something I had problems with with other brand ovens. The Pyrolitic function is great as I don’t have to be on my hands and knees cleaning the oven - also no fumes or oven cleaners necessary.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Ryan

Ryan

This is perfect

To be honest, everybody said this product was good, so I bought it.
I do not baking a lot and I usually use roast or something that I like or dislike.
Temperature and time setting is easy and size does not seem to be bad when 4 person family is cooking a single meal.
Usually, it is no secret that it is used as a kitchen clock.^^

Date PurchasedJan 2010
MJ30

MJ30Adelaide

Good oven

It preheats really fast and cooks evenly. The door has great suction, it builds my muscles trying to open it. However, it tends to shut off with a mind of its own. According to RR, I'm not using it correctly; strange, I've never experienced this behaviour in an oven before, perhaps it's a futuristic oven.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Eac

EacSydney

Can't go wrong with Miele

I'm a big fan of the Miele ovens as they are very easy to use, well-built with quality materials and last a long time. After our old Miele oven broke, we replaced it with this newer model and it has served us well. The only problem is the parts are quite expensive to replace and having a service technician coming out can be very expensive (experience from our old Miele oven).

Date PurchasedApr 2017
StephA

StephAMelbourne

Good Quality Oven

Purchased two of them to replace a one and half Neff oven. Very good so far, better than the Neff. This is quick to heat up, cooks very evenly and has the pyrolytic option to clean it. Very easy to use the different settings.
I would recommend the telescopic runners as it makes it easier if your oven is set low.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Colleen

Colleenasked

I want to clean between the layers of glass also because I have a spill in between layers which I think is a design fault. I live in a regional town so can’t really call anyone to assist, I am wondering how difficult it is to dismantle and then reassemble the layers of glass in the door. It would not be good if I can’t get it back together properly as is my previous experience with cleaning oven doors, they are never the same again. Help!
Colleen

Miele representativeMiele

Hi Colleen, if you call us you please contact us on 1300 464 353 Monday - Friday during business hours our team can assist you. Kind regards, Kyle.

George Cowleyasked

I have a miele H2260B and it seems to take about 2 hours 'cooling' after use! is this normal? or does it need more ventilation? or?

Miele representativeMiele

Hi George, the cooling fan will run if the oven capacity is above 70 degrees. This is to protect the electronics from over heating. So it is possible the cooling fan will run until it is told by the electronics that it has reached a safe temperature to stop. Kind regards, Jack.

George Cowley

Thanks Jack, i am just surprised from 260 degrees it take 2 hours to cool down to 70 degrees. Could it maybe need more ventilation?

Sally

Sallyasked

We have Meile Oven - H2261B. Please can you advise how to clean within glass layers of door. Does the door need to come off the oven first? Can you please advise how to access between the glass panes of the door.

Pups

I think that you will have to call Miele. There should not be dirt between the glass panes.

Lesley
Lesley

Hi Sally...I had the same issue and was hesitant about taking the door apart. I went to the Perth Miele showroom and one of the staff took apart an oven door to show me how to do it. It was quite easy. However, this was a few months ago, so I doubt whether the showroom is open during this Covid 19 time.

Get an answer from our members and Miele representatives