Miele K 14820 SD ed/cs

MPN: K14820SDCS

2.8

• Internal Layout

Hasmukh S.Sydney, NSW

this fridge has been fitted with defect door handle

have just ordered my 2nd handle, cannot stomach that I have to pay to replace their defect product. Talking the person, they want to send someone over to have a look and charge me another $79 to check their defect product.......just disappointing

Purchased in August 2015.

Household Size 6 person(s)
Hasmukh S.

hi, I have emailed my details as above, have not heard back from you.

Miele representativeMiele

Can’t handle the handle.....

Now up to the third broken handle on this fridge, and just been told I have to cough up $217 for a replacement. When are they going to come up with a robust handle that lasts???

Julie

Julie

Miele handle broken again - fridge

Purchased at David Jones for A$5,128.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)
Upright Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Miele K 14820 SD ed/cs compares to other Upright Fridges / Refrigerators

GaryPerth, WA

Great fridge BUT terrible handle

Bought this fridge together with a matching fridge/freezer combo in 2017.
Before purchasing I had read reviews about the handles being a constant problem and discussed with Miele sales staff. I was told that the problem had been rectified and no longer an issue.
Guess what, handle just snapped off yesterday when my wife opened the door.
I’ve been reading reviews again today and see that the handles are still a big problem and nothing changed
Otherwise a great fridge but marred by a poor handle design
Unbelievable that Miele can’t, or won’t, rectify this.

Purchased in February 2017.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Household Size 2 person(s)
Gary

The response by Miele has been absolutely fantastic.
I’ve already received replacement new design handles for both the fridge and combo unit.
Great customer support.

Broken Handle

Fridge is great but same issue with broken handle. Just 4 years old I would have expected the handle to have outlasted the fridge not to be replacing it on an ongoing basis.

Purchased in September 2014.

Judith

JudithSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great fridge, but 2nd handle broken in 4 years.

Great fridge, 2nd handle in 4 years broken also. Very expensive to replace, $210.00 for 1 handle. 2 weeks out of warranty. Will call Monday to have a chat, hopefully will be good customer service.

Purchased in March 2017.

Vivian

Viviansydney

The worst fridge eve!

The biggest mistake I ever made was buying Miele kitchen Appliances when I renovated my house! The dishwasher was down once. The freezer had a failure too.The handle of the Fridge was not even and the beginning then they sent me a new one. Now the handle was broken! Can believe the handle can be cracked like that! Shame! Now i have to pay for the handle because it is already two and half years since I bought it. Seriously! I will never Buy Miele any more! They are expensive and worst quality.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Miele representativeMiele

Hi Vivian, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. We would like to look into this issue further, and I'm going to send you a private email shortly. Kind regards, Anna.

Daria  Lowe

Daria Lowe

Some great features others could be better.

Some great features others could be better. The fridge keeps all food nice and cool; it's quiet and economical and it has a nice look to it being finished in stainless steel. On the areas to improve on; when the fridge is closed the magnetic seal forms a vacuum which lasts for a minute or so, if you try to open the fridge during this time it puts pressure on the hanle and seals.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Gray

GrayBrisbane

Good fridge - poorly engineered handles

Great fridge - shame about the handles. I have broken two in 5 years, and whilst Miele gave me one to replace the first, I am now looking at $204 to replace the second one. Clearly they are not designed for a humid climate, where the door suction is high, and after repeated use the casting breaks.

Date PurchasedAug 2012
Upright Fridges / Refrigerators

Codeasked

Concerned about the handle breaking very easily and condensation build up from drain hole blocking easily that requires regular checking and emptying. I want to buy a pigeon pair but I must say, these issues are what stopping us. We don't wAnt these issues hovering over us as a matter of an actual "when it will happen" and not even an "if".

When will a next new model be released?

We actually need to buy a new fridge soon as our 20 yr old Fischer&Paykel is seeing is last final weeks. Not bad run at all for F&P. So we definitely want a door handle that will last for way more than 2 years!

Gary

The issue of the door handles has been addressed by Miele and the new type are lighter and stronger. We had similar problems a year or so ago and Miele addressed and rectified them very quickly at no cost.
The Miele fridge/freezers are excellent quality products

Code

Thanks for replying and this reassures us. Did you experience any issues with condensation leakage? We live in a relatively dry climate so humidity related condensation won't be a problem. But concerned about drain holes apparently blocking easily based on other reviews....

Miele representativeMiele

Hi Code, it would be best to speak with a Miele Team member directly regarding your concerns as they will be able to assist you in answering these questions. Please contact us on 1300 464 353. Kind regards, Joel.

*Note, the above contact information is for Miele Australia only. To contact New Zealand please call 0800 464 353. For all other countries contact information, please contact your local Miele representative.

Get an answer from our members and Miele representatives