9Milwaukee M18

Milwaukee M18

9Milwaukee M18
3.5

60% · 64 · 40%
Brand Manager for Milwaukee Tools Australia? Claim your listing.

Youssef Y.
Youssef Y.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts
  M18

Great tool with room of improvement

Had my chain for at least couple of years. Cuts great and beats the noise of conventional chainsaws.
You can easily view oil level.
Issues I found with the chain bar were when cutting close to the tip of the bar, the chain may go into the bar opening a gap. This happened twice. Milwaukee’s warranty is great, however, the bar quality can be improved. I was wondering if I had the chain too tight, but hard to imagine this would happen twice. Never experienced this with other conventional saws.
The chain saw RPM is on the low side compared to others. Aside from that, as usual with Milwaukee products, great product.
Bryce
Bryce South Australia

Poor Design.. Clunky and made for big hands

I bought the saw because I had heard the hype about the power. Yes it's true it does have good power but the weight is distributed terribly... I've used it heavily for 1.5 years now and it doesn't cut better then my old Ryobi. It constantly cuts out and tells my batteries they are cooked and the ergonomics of the saw are terrible.. grip is huge and the saw should be so heavy.. switching to Makita.  Show details
Martin p.
Martin p.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC4 posts
  Verified M18 2630-20

Constantly broken

I take the saw to Total tools as they handle the warranty . It has been 'fixed' 3 times in the last six months and is now broken again . The problem is always the same light goes on but no power to the motor . Each time it rakes 3 weeks to fix and stops working again in a few hours , leaving me to have to rely on my powered makita saw . It seems both milwaukee and total tools couldn't care less . Show details
Michael W.
Michael W.Sydney Surrounds, NSW2 posts
  M18

Terrible battery problem and customer service

I have had these batteries for 3 years and two of them died. I cycle them on charge regularly as I do not use the tools very often. The green led on the charger indicates green, however when I have gone to use them they have failed. I rang the manufacturer and they have said dead cells with no further advice. I paid big money for a supposedly premium tool and have ended up with a pile of junk at my cost. These batteries are in showroom condition. I will never buy Milwaukee again. It is disappointing there is a fault but to leave the consumer out on there own is just not right. You could at least do me the service of telling what has caused the issue. Show details
LAJ
LAJKew, Victoria10 posts
  M18 2630-20
Smolly8
Smolly8Gippsland, VIC27 posts

Beats power tools

I used to use a power saw, but I recently purchase a full Milwaukee 18v battery kit, and haven’t used a power tool since. The power of this saw is unbelievable, cutting through hard wood on a daily basis it doesn’t miss a beat, general maintenance will keep this saw brand new

Show details

Tinboy
TinboyMelbourne6 posts
  M18 2630-20

Quality tool, well balanced & is still used on serious job sites

The power tool is fantastic!! The blade that comes with is average.. Get a Diablo or Irwin 165mm blade and it cuts perfectly... Battery lasts longer with better saw blade.. I currently have a 3amp batt but will get a 5 amp rather than go buy a whole new brushless kit.. As I have a full brushed kit.. I've had the kit for 3 years & am sure it will last me another 5-6 years or until the brushless improves and becomes cheaper... highly recommend but get a 4 or 5 amp batt and better quality saw blade & it will rip through hardwood, Redgum, thick ply and even bench tops that need precision cuts.

Winco
WincoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA30 posts

Quality Kit

This is quality gear. You get what you pay for. Will last you years before packing up. Good investment. Highly recommend all Milwaukee kit. Batteries also last a long time which goes to show they use top quality components. Long after the price is forgotten, the quality remains. Don't dither. Buy a Milwaukee.

Show reply

Adam M
Adam MGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC4 posts

Absolute delight to use

Fantastic nimble circular saw to use with lot's of guts. I have built many projects around the house using the saw and have just finished redoing all of our wardrobes. Cutting 3 sheets of 16mm 1.8m lengths melamine at one time will use half of your battery in one go. But then again I would expect that from a 18v 3mAh battery. Being a left handed unit doesn't help but it has never bothered me. When I cut a length of melamine and I want it dead straight, I would clamp a long piece of straight timber/spirit level 30mm from my cut and use the edge as a guide. Never failed me. Just remember to only buy and use a thin kerf blade. The blade that comes with the saw is surprisingly good.
Light weight, powerful
Left handed
olfart
olfartAU5 posts

I've had better

This is a left handed saw, using it right handed means that the saw twists towards the cut off leaving a crooked cut. it is also difficult to line up the cut properly if you are right handed. Only good for rough cuts.
heavily built powerful