16Mitsubishi Heavy Industries FDUA Series

4.5

91 reviews · Statistics

89% · 817 · 8%
Heating / Cooling Speed
See the Best Air Conditioners in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries FDUA Series91 reviews
E and I
E and IVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts
  Verified FDUA140AVNXVF
barb
barbNSWSydney, NSW
  Fair Incentive FDUA125VNPWVH

good renewal system

updated whole house system that runs seamlessly to heat and ready for summer Show details
Baron
BaronWAPerth, WA5 posts
  FDUA100VNP1VF2

Broke down in 10 months, MHIAA not responding and taking any action

Bought this unit trusting the brand "is the highest quality in the market".
Into its 10th month, made a big noise and stopped cooling properly. On a 38° day, used to cool the whole house easy down to 25°, now doesn't cool below 28° even if it's only 28° outside.
Tech came in, took log from the machine. I had to call several times to get a feedback, which was that they said see it's working on light load, but say it's normal!!!
It's good until something goes wrong. Then forget it...
Horrible brand, I do not suggest them at all. Show details
Rob
RobSAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts
  Verified FDUA100VNPWVH

Good unit but too noisy

This is a great unit performing well thru summer and now winter. It is however noisy and we can hear it whilst sitting in the lounge. Several efforts by the installers has improved things but has not eliminated the sound coming into the house from the outside unit. We often turn it off because of the noise level. It disappoints us when the Daikin we had for the previous ten or so years was super quiet. I am not sure if this is normal for the Mitsubishi unit but I would hope it is something that can be rectified. Show details
Damian Hoffman
Damian Hoffman
  Verified FDUA100AVNAWVH

Great unit so far

The unit is very quiet in operation. Seems well built. I like the fact it has a pump for the drain.
The only issue is that the control panel could be more user-friendly.
I am sure it has all the features, but it takes reading the manual for the more complex settings. Show details
Adrienne Orchard
Adrienne Orchard

Awesome Ducted Air Con

Very quiet. Cools and heats whole house easily without even turning on all zones. Easy to use. Show details
Sam
Sam15 posts
  Verified FDUA125AVNXWVH

It's so far, so good

We don't have any issue, except it's stopped working after a week! I raised my request to fix it, and it took a while, sending someone to have a look, they found the whole outdoor system has to be replaced, as it's faulty. It happened, and we don't have any issue after all. Show details
Lee H.
Lee H.NSWIllawarra, NSW

So far so good

It's just what I need for my small cozy 3 bedroom house. Easy to use, the bill looks alright and my house keeps in a suitable temperature. The deal I got back to then was wonderful!!!! Show details
Caruso
Caruso

Satisfied tenants! No complaints

Purchased July 2022. Recommended by SA Heating & Cooling, with whom we have done prior business and have always been satisfied. Tenants are now happy with the new system. Show details
Steve
StevePerth7 posts

Efficient but noisy

The system works very well but neighbours have commented on the operating noise Show details
Jose C
Jose CSydney5 posts
  FDUA Series

Very Good Product

Heater & AC works fine, very good product. No complaints except the noisy fans outside. Happy with the purchase so far Show details
Danuta Hulajko
Danuta Hulajko
  Verified FDUA140AVNXWVH

Great unit but not the greatest installation

The air conditioning is great, but the installer's workers were rushing through the whole installation. They cracked my ceiling while pulling apart the old gas unit. Then I had to supervise one man so he will connect the outlets properly. He was doing a very dodgy job ( hot air/cold would have escaped to the ceiling) as he wanted to go home ASAP. The electrician was very professional, but the guy who supposes to explain how to use the unit did know much either. He has left the manual/ instructions but not for this unit. So I had to call the boss who came to my home 3 times to explain to me how to use the unit and wrote my own user manual. Show details
Les Knowles
Les Knowles
  Verified FDUA160AVSAVF

Efficient .In every way---Perfect!

I have found this machine most satisfactory in every way.
Could not ask for anything better.
Thank you. Show details
Pauline
PaulineQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts
  Verified FDUA100VNPWVH

Excellent product

System is extremely efficient and we are very happy with the product and the purchase/installation process. Show details
Jen Thompson
Jen Thompson

Unhappy with the product

I've had issues at the beginning where aircon was NOT working at all, blowing hot air on a 38 degrees heat. My house was a sauna. Had multiple people came out to try and fix, technician says unit is definitely faulty and need replacement but then came back and managed to fix and was working great. After few weeks it wasn't performing well, still to this day not performing well on hot days. MANNIX suggested they will come out on a hot day but now we haven't had any hot days as summer is over. So I guess we'll have to wait until till next summer.
Technician says the unit (box) has been placed in the wrong area, not enough airflow which may cause it to not working as well, but MANNIX disagree and will not relocate the box. Show details

jnu123 · FDUA Series

Hi Mitsubishi Reps,

What is the difference with

FDUA100VNPWVH vs FDUA100AVNPWVH

Specs all look the same.

And also FDUA125VNPWVH vs FDUA125AVNPWVH

Thank you.

Susan C · FDUA Series

I had my system installed last February a FDUA 100vnpwvh 10kw and have had various problems mainly with the installer not knowing what he was doing. I am finding the control panel really sensitive so when changing temperatures it goes to Auto which I do not want. I have to fiddle about for ages to get it back to in this case heating, is there any way to rectify this?

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hello Susan, Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that you had some issues with the installation. To resolve this , have you tried to have the installer return to rectify these issues ?

Susan C

No way! I have already had to other firms fixing up his work and have photographs of what they found he hadn’t done properly and what they did to make things safe and functional.

May M.
May M. · FDUA Series

What is the Difference between FDUA125AVNXWVH and the FDC125VNP-W? We were quoted for the first and received the latter?

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hello May, Thank you for reaching out to us. I will be sending you a direct message regarding your enquiry today.

Regards,

jnu123

The Mitsubishi FDUA Series is available in eight different models, ranging from 7.1kW to 20kW. The 7.1kW single phase is suitable for a smaller home, as it uses only one source of power with a reduced amount of energy. For more spacious homes, the three-phase 20kW unit may be better suited, as it draws energy from three sources of power.

Each air conditioner in the FDUA series allows you to control different air zones. If there are any empty rooms, you can help ensure that energy is not being wasted by turning the air conditioning down to a low setting or by shutting it off completely - while continuing to use the air conditioning in other rooms.

Features:

• Integrated air purifier reduces allergens caught in filters and controls growth of mould and bacteria. However, this AC isn’t self-cleaning - it requires a professional clean every couple of years to ensure that it’s working at optimal functionality.
  • Wi-Fi operation optional, with separate purchase of a specialised adaptor
  • Various timers, including an on/off timer and sleep mode
Compare all Mitsubishi Heavy Industries FDUA Series listings
CategoryDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air Conditioners
Price (RRP) $4,235$3,649
Features Inverter, On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart ControlInverter, On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart ControlInverter, On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart ControlInverter, On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart Control
Cooling Power14 kW14 kW12.5 kW10 kW
Heating Power16 kW16 kW14 kW11.2 kW
Reverse Cycle YesYesYesYes
Auto Cleaning (Self Cleaning)NoNoNoNo
Auto Restart FunctionYesYesYesYes
Weekly TimerYesYesYesYes
Indoor Unit Dimensions 398 x 1150 x 650 mm398 x 1450 x 930 mm398 x 1150 x 650 mm398 x 1150 x 650 mm
Outdoor Unit Dimensions 1300 x 970 x 370 mm1300 x 970 x 370 mm1300 x 970 x 370 mm845 x 970 x 370 mm
Max Indoor Sound Pressure Level47 dB48 dB45 dB43 dB
Max Outdoor Sound Pressure Level49 dB54 dB48 dB55 dB
Operating Temperature for Cooling-15 to +50-15 to +50
Operating Temperature for Heating-20 to +20-20 to +20
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Awards 2024202420242024
  • MPN: FDUA100AVNAWVH, FDUA100AVSAWVH, FDUA125AVNXWVH, FDUA125AVSXWVH, FDUA140AVNXWVH, FDUA140AVSXWVH, FDUA160AVSAWVH and FDUA200AVSAVG

Extra Information