Moccona Indulgence

3.5

Luke

LukeHobart

They changed the recipe :(

Been drinking this coffee for a couple of years. It's one of the most expensive of the instants, but definitely tasted the best - Note I'm speaking in the past tense. Went to the supermarket earlier today and picked up a jar and made myself a brew. Ended up spitting it out, it tasted that bad. My son complained of the same thing.

After looking at an older jar, I can see that they've changed the type of beans that they use. Really disappointing, as this was one of the best coffees out there.

Going to return this jar to Woolies and find something else to drink.

Went from 5 stars to 1 star overnight.

Moccona did the same thing with their classic range. Looks like they're intent on ruining all their coffee brands.

Purchased in July 2020 at Woolworths for A$16.00.

Janine G.

Janine G.Palmerston, NT

The only instant coffee to drink!

We are instant coffee drinkers at home and Moccona Indulgence is the only coffee we will drink. Anything else is too weak now.
It's a good bold, strong coffee with no bitterness. Good with milk and a touch of cream, and also good just black with no milk.

Purchased in May 2020 at Woolworths Online store for A$11.00.

Sharyn

SharynSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not as good as before, no longer made with Arabica beans...

Found out about this coffee from this site a few years back. Loved it, drank it exclusively... but the taste has changed, and the label is missing a vital word... Arabica...
So a month ago, I came back here to read reviews. Bought a jar of Nescafe Gold Short Black $11 for 100g, and Coles organic freeze dried coffee $4 for 100g.
Hmmm, will not be buying Nescafe again. Will buy Coles again. Have repurchased Moccona Indulgence again $8 on special. Prefer it to Coles. My first coffee of the day is Moccona Indulgence, then switch to Coles. Best of a bad bunch!
I have it black. Just a regular sized teaspoonful, touch of cold water before adding hot.

Purchased in April 2020 at Woolworths for A$8.00.

Instant Coffees

Find out how Moccona Indulgence compares to other Instant Coffees

Jim

JimToowoomba

Probably the only decent instant coffee

Not too far off from what you get at a standard cafe sometimes even better.

Secret Shopper

Secret ShopperAU

Purchased in Error - big mistake!

Purchased Specialty Blend #8 instead of Classic Dark Roast #8 in error. Big mistake - actually could not drink this coffee, nasty burnt aftertaste, coffee does not dissolve completely leaving little floaters on surface of liquid and gritty sludge in bottom of cup when tipped out! Definitely not Velvety & Full Bodied!!!

nothing beats the taste or aroma

it constantly delivers on taste as i drink it black with sugar, tastes great with cream or with just ice cold milk and ice in a tall glass... nothing comes close to the flavour, i consume it at home as well as at work

Moccona 5 strange chemical odour and taste

The formula must have been altered as there is a strange chemical after taste which was not noticed previously.
We will not be purchasing number 5 again.

Don't Waste Your Money.

Doesn't taste like coffee, doesn't smell like coffee, in fact it doesn't taste or smell of anything.

Red Chili

Red Chili

Love this coffee

I bought a jar recently on special. Its the best instant coffee I've tasted. Lucky for me when my jar ran out there was another special. If you are craving a fresh brewed coffee this hits the spot. I look forward to my morning Indulgence. Delicious full bodied coffee. Highly recommended.
full bodied
nothing apart from a bit pricey

Instant Coffees

Find out how Moccona Indulgence compares to other Instant Coffees

proudmummy

proudmummy

The best instant coffee

This is the only instant coffee I'll buy. It is full of flavour. More expensive than other instant coffee brands but once you've tried it you'll know why.
Excellent coffee - full of flavour

Dianacarla

DianacarlaFar North Queensland, QLD

If I have to have instant coffee, I make this one. I have invested a lot of money into a good espresso machine and finding good beans, I really love my coffee but occasionally need something that's just easy to make or something to take with me when I travel. So much better than one of the other well-known brands out there, I highly recommend Moccona.
The best of the instant coffees in my opinion. Tastes more like real espresso than anything else I have tried. Easy to make, nice and strong with a lot of flavour.
Its a bit pricey, but actually much cheaper than buying regular coffee beans.

Rival
Rival

i used to love this when i was a teenager from 13-19 but now for me it tastes bitter and horrible....this use to be my most favorite coffee and now cannot bare it. DO u think they have changed the formular?

Merlosk
Merlosk

Something has changed lately. We now find unpalatable coffee granule 'dregs' at the bottom of our cups which never used to occur. Something different in the processing perhaps????

shelaghdevlin

shelaghdevlinAU

We love Moccona and haven't found another instant coffee that comes anywhere near to its fullness of flavour accompanied by a subtle hint of caramel. It is both delicious and habit-forming!
Its full flavour - tastes better than any other instant coffee we have tried.
its price!