Coles Organic Fairtrade Gold Freeze Dried

Coles Organic Fairtrade Gold Freeze Dried

Better flavour for half the price

I was always a Moccona fan (even a Moccona snob). Originally it was the Exotic flavour. When that disappeared I moved to Indulgence. Now that’s gone so I tried three other flavours. And they are all awful. I read a review recommending the Coles Organic Freeze Dried coffee and am very glad I tried it. At a fraction of the cost of Moconna, the Coles coffee is full of flavour with no bitter aftertaste. Moccona are losing more and more faithful customers.

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles for A$4.00.

Simon B

Simon BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great flavour, great value

Normally at work i purchase 1 great coffee a day so away from the office and with no coffee machine at home I thought I'd give instant a go. (gasp) After suffering through a week of one of the more well known brands which fell way short of my already low expectations I purchased a jar of the Coles Organic Fairtrade coffee. This product is a revelation. It's the closest instant coffee to Barista made coffee i have ever tried. So as far as instant coffee products go its almost flawless.

Purchased in May 2020 at Coles for A$5.00.

Lorikeet

LorikeetMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Product has been changed for the worse

Purchased in March 2020 at Coles for A$4.00.

Instant Coffees

Find out how Coles Organic Fairtrade Gold Freeze Dried compares to other Instant Coffees

Jacqui

JacquiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Another convert from the Moconna tribe

I also reluctantly tried this product after reading a very positive consumer survey review and at $4 a jar I thought what did I have to lose after Moccona changed their recipe now as well on their Rich product which was great and is now awful. This product had me pleasantly surprised. I’ll definitely stick with it.

Purchased in January 2020 at Coles for A$4.00.

jes j.

jes j.Sydney, NSW

Quietly dropped "Arabica" from their label

It's a very good compromise on price, given everyone else has also dropped off using Arabica beans (including Coles Fairtrade).
Taste is not as nutty as it used to be.
Our conscience is at least calmed over the Fairtrade accreditation, that farmers & pickers are not exploited to the degree of non-Fairtrade products.

Purchased in November 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for A$4.00.

Doc

DocCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Not quite the old Moccona No. 5, but close

I now almost always use the Coles Organic Fairtrade, but I still have a couple of jars of the old Moccona No. 5 stashed away and from time to time I make a cup for old time's sake. The original No. 5 is better, but there isn't much in it. Hence I won't be toooooo upset when my last jar of No. 5 original runs out!

Purchased in November 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for A$4.00.

Michael

MichaelLeongatha

Excellent and doesn't hurt the wallet

Have been on the search for a new everyday coffee since Nescafe and Moccona's apparent brain implosions. Had read good reviews about this product and was certainly not disappointed. Great taste and is also a
cheap option.

Purchased in October 2019 at Coles for A$4.00.

Mel

MelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

One of the only instant coffees that is decent

If you are disappointed in the revamp of Moccona, this is your go-to. It is inexpensive but don't let that put you off. The quality is very good.

Coles, whatever you are doing, wherever you are sourcing this, please don't change.

Just a warning: when you go looking for this, it can be hard to find. It is very popular and word is spreading. Pick yourself up a couple of jars at a time (only $4.00) and save yourself the stress.

Purchased at Coles for A$4.00.

Lyndal Y.

Lyndal Y.

Very smooth and creamy

After Moccona went cheap on their classic number 5, I was forced to find a new instant coffee. Coles Organic Freeze Dried came recommended by another disgruntled Moccona drinker. I've been drinking it for 12 months now and have no plans of switching. It's a lovely-tasting coffee. I look forward to it each morning.

Purchased in September 2019 at Coles for A$4.00.

Peter

Peter

Not only a cheap home brand but the best tasting and best quality

I recently wrote a review about how awful Nescafe Gold was. Then I saw a choice article about how this home brand coffee was rated the best. Not only does this coffee use the more delcious arabica bean for 100% of the coffee, it is organic, fair trade AND freeze dried - all markers you would think would bump the price over the top yet the price is among the lowest.

The taste is delicious. Save your money and forget the rest.

Purchased in September 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for A$4.00.

Esmay

Esmay

Fantastic and better than Moccona

We switched to this coffee after they changed the horrible Moccona no. 5. This coffee is fantastic and very reasonably priced. Love the flavour. Wish it came in a larger size.

Purchased in August 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for A$4.00.

Chrispy

ChrispySouthwest, VIC

The best!

Like a lot of others, we have moved away from Moccona No. 5.
This is a great coffee and at a great price, we love the taste.
Just wish it came in bigger jars, and a bit easier to find on the Coles shelves!

Purchased in September 2019 at Coles, Drysdale VIC 3222 for A$4.00.

Padon

PadonMelbourne

An end to the gnashing of teeth

Reiterating what others have already said: this is a genuinely excellent replacement for the old Moccona No 5 (and, needless to say, light years ahead of the disastrous new version of that product). Just like the old Moccona No 5, the Coles Fairtrade Organic blend achieves just the right balance between a full flavour and a smooth, non-acrid taste. There is no need to expend energy trying to convince Douwe Egberts to change Moccona No 5 back to what it was. At risk of sounding hyperbolic, Moccona is dead to me. This has the taste of the old Moccona No 5 and has a cheaper everyday price.

Purchased in February 2019 at Coles for A$4.00.

J.PGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best instant.

Apparently organic and has plenty of taste. For $4 it’s a winner. I mix it with Natures Cuppa Rich Roast and it’s even better.

MsJSydney, NSW

Terrific replacement for the hideous new version of Moccona Classic Medium Roast no. 5

Very happy to have been put on to this Coles Organic Fairtrade Gold Freeze Dried coffee. It tastes like the original Moccona no.5 that I drank for years but it's less expensive, organic and also fairtrade. Win, win, win, win. Yay!

Chookadook

Chookadooknoyb

The best coffee ive ever tasted

I bought this yesterday, sceptical about how it would taste and im shocked, this is the best coffee ive ever tasted, not bitter and smoother than moccona.

DarrenG

DarrenGLaunceston

Great coffee, has replaced Maccona No.5 as my fave coffee

After Maccona ruined their No.5 coffee by apparently making it better (so bitter and horrible after taste), I had to find a replacement to kick-start my day (as well as keep me going throughout the day, I am a 10 coffee a day person). Looking at online recommendations I found Coles Organic Fairtrade Gold Free Dried coffee. After trying it, I can confirm it does taste very similar to the original Maccona No.5. No bitterness whatsoever. I love this coffee and at only $4 for a 100gm jar, it is so cheap. Will never return to Maccona, even if they do change the flavour back to the original.

Jamie

JamieSydney

Life Saver!

This is the closest thing to the original moccona that now tastes terrible. This coles brand coffee is so good I can now make this my new coffee I can use 3 times a day. Tastes smooth and like a proper coffee. Does not taste like the other bad instant coffees. Tastes better than some cafe coffees no exaggeration. Thank you.

Hellokitty9Brisbane

Thank you Coles!

I had Moconna for 20 years. I never liked Nescafe. I am very fussy in coffees. I had this coffee for quite sometime now. Thanks Coles. Don't ever change!

JJ Smith

JJ SmithPerth

Better than the New Moccona Blend

Tried this as an alternative to Moccona as didn’t like the New Blend and it’s GREAT !! Smooth taste and affordable price. Well worth a try.