Coles Organic Fairtrade Gold Freeze Dried

Coles Organic Fairtrade Gold Freeze Dried

See the Best Instant Coffees in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Coles

The Phantom Reviewer
The Phantom ReviewerWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Finally a decent freeze dried coffee.

As you can see by my reviews on Maccona & Intense from Nescafe I am a hard man to please when it comes to instant coffee. While I have quiet a few jars of intense left I was in Coles today & figured for $4 what the hell.

Glad I did, so smooth with out a dirty taste & with out being too bitter. 4 cups this arvo & absolutley loving it.

Stumbled into a winner here & the price well it will save me a few dimes so now it's off to buy a few.

Excellent coffee IMHO & I can see why its 4.5 stars on average.

Winner by a mile (imperial I know haha)

Purchased in May 2021 at Coles Supermarkets for $4.00.

trombone
trombone

It's alright i guess.

This coles coffee is at the moment my coffee of choice (used to be Nescafe), not because it's so good i can't live without it but because it's the only one i've tried so far that i would want to drink on a daily basis, flavour is OK not bitter like some others but virtually no aroma which for me was a big part of the coffee drinking experience.
Will keep looking for something better but it will do for now.

Purchased in January 2021 at Coles.

Kev S.
Kev S.South East Queensland, QLD

was great but since new label taste has also changed

enjoyed this after no5 changed but now with a label change so has the flavour, disgusting is the best word to describe it, will now be looking for an alternative

Purchased in January 2021 at Coles for $4.00.

Instant Coffees

Find out how Coles Organic Fairtrade Gold Freeze Dried compares to other Instant Coffees

Better flavour for half the price

I was always a Moccona fan (even a Moccona snob). Originally it was the Exotic flavour. When that disappeared I moved to Indulgence. Now that’s gone so I tried three other flavours. And they are all awful. I read a review recommending the Coles Organic Freeze Dried coffee and am very glad I tried it. At a fraction of the cost of Moconna, the Coles coffee is full of flavour with no bitter aftertaste. Moccona are losing more and more faithful customers.

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles for $4.00.

Simon B
Simon BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great flavour, great value

Normally at work i purchase 1 great coffee a day so away from the office and with no coffee machine at home I thought I'd give instant a go. (gasp) After suffering through a week of one of the more well known brands which fell way short of my already low expectations I purchased a jar of the Coles Organic Fairtrade coffee. This product is a revelation. It's the closest instant coffee to Barista made coffee i have ever tried. So as far as instant coffee products go its almost flawless.

Purchased in May 2020 at Coles for $5.00.

Lorikeet
LorikeetMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Product has been changed for the worse

Purchased in March 2020 at Coles for $4.00.

Jacqui
JacquiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Another convert from the Moconna tribe

I also reluctantly tried this product after reading a very positive consumer survey review and at $4 a jar I thought what did I have to lose after Moccona changed their recipe now as well on their Rich product which was great and is now awful. This product had me pleasantly surprised. I’ll definitely stick with it.

Purchased in January 2020 at Coles for $4.00.

jes j.
jes j.Sydney, NSW

Quietly dropped "Arabica" from their label

It's a very good compromise on price, given everyone else has also dropped off using Arabica beans (including Coles Fairtrade).
Taste is not as nutty as it used to be.
Our conscience is at least calmed over the Fairtrade accreditation, that farmers & pickers are not exploited to the degree of non-Fairtrade products.

Purchased in November 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $4.00.

Doc
DocCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Not quite the old Moccona No. 5, but close

I now almost always use the Coles Organic Fairtrade, but I still have a couple of jars of the old Moccona No. 5 stashed away and from time to time I make a cup for old time's sake. The original No. 5 is better, but there isn't much in it. Hence I won't be toooooo upset when my last jar of No. 5 original runs out!

Purchased in November 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $4.00.

Michael
MichaelLeongatha

Excellent and doesn't hurt the wallet

Have been on the search for a new everyday coffee since Nescafe and Moccona's apparent brain implosions. Had read good reviews about this product and was certainly not disappointed. Great taste and is also a
cheap option.

Purchased in October 2019 at Coles for $4.00.

Mel
MelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

One of the only instant coffees that is decent

If you are disappointed in the revamp of Moccona, this is your go-to. It is inexpensive but don't let that put you off. The quality is very good.

Coles, whatever you are doing, wherever you are sourcing this, please don't change.

Just a warning: when you go looking for this, it can be hard to find. It is very popular and word is spreading. Pick yourself up a couple of jars at a time (only $4.00) and save yourself the stress.

Purchased at Coles for $4.00.

Lyndal Y.
Lyndal Y.

Very smooth and creamy

After Moccona went cheap on their classic number 5, I was forced to find a new instant coffee. Coles Organic Freeze Dried came recommended by another disgruntled Moccona drinker. I've been drinking it for 12 months now and have no plans of switching. It's a lovely-tasting coffee. I look forward to it each morning.

Purchased in September 2019 at Coles for $4.00.

Peter
Peter

Not only a cheap home brand but the best tasting and best quality

I recently wrote a review about how awful Nescafe Gold was. Then I saw a choice article about how this home brand coffee was rated the best. Not only does this coffee use the more delcious arabica bean for 100% of the coffee, it is organic, fair trade AND freeze dried - all markers you would think would bump the price over the top yet the price is among the lowest.

The taste is delicious. Save your money and forget the rest.

Purchased in September 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $4.00.

Esmay
Esmay

Fantastic and better than Moccona

We switched to this coffee after they changed the horrible Moccona no. 5. This coffee is fantastic and very reasonably priced. Love the flavour. Wish it came in a larger size.

Purchased in August 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $4.00.

Chrispy
ChrispySouthwest, VIC

The best!

Like a lot of others, we have moved away from Moccona No. 5.
This is a great coffee and at a great price, we love the taste.
Just wish it came in bigger jars, and a bit easier to find on the Coles shelves!

Purchased in September 2019 at Coles, Drysdale VIC 3222 for $4.00.

Read more reviews - page 2