45 questions from our users

Kroony6

Kroony6asked

MyBudget

What times is the bank transfer

Hi Kroony6,

Great question!

We have six payment runs that occur throughout the day from Monday to Friday which I have listed these below for you. Please note that these are local South Australian times and may vary dependant on time zone.

- 7:45 am
- 10:15 am
- 11:45 am
- 2:15 pm
- 3:45 pm
- 4:45 pm

Once a payment is processed it may usually take up to one day to be received into your account.

I hope you have a great day!

Kind Regards, Peter - MyBudget

Financially free

Financially freeasked

Debt Consolidation

If I require an amount of $50 - $60K to cover my current finances would My Budget be able to help to find a company to finance the loan

arnaud p.

You would habe to ask them on that sorry

Bethrow

My answer would be no. I asked them if they could recommend the best companies to save money when it comes to insurance, electricity, gas and so on...and they don’t do that. They only work with you to come up with a budget based on your take home pay so you are able to eliminate debt and pay bills on time.

Hi Financially free,

Thanks for your question. MyBudget may be able to assist you with a lending solution if required as we do have a lending team on board with us. This is something that we assess during our free no-obligation consultations with a personal budgeting specialist. If you are interested in speaking to us further about this and whether it may be an option for you, please give us a call on 1300 300 922 and select option 2.

I hope that helps - We look forward to speaking with you! Kind regards, Lauren - MyBudget

Financially free

Financially freeasked

MyBudget

What are the cost up front and does the price differ if I live in Bunbury Western Australia

arnaud p.

Well the cost depend on the service your after and i dont think it matters where in Australia you live

Bethrow

Fees are figured into your budget after they look at your income and expense. Fees are figured into budget once it is created. Once budget is created you will be able to look and see everything they are doing, what they are paying, what bills are on hold etc. Also, it does not matter where you are located in Australia as long as you are in Australia.

Juzzy
Juzzy

What percentage of the budget goes to them

Michelle

Michelleasked

MyBudget

Hi how much is the establishment fee/s. Thank you.

Samuel H.
Samuel H.

About 1400 and its split over afew payments but the first meeting with them they will tell you this i hope this helps

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for your question. Our budget plans are tailored to your individual situation, meaning that no two clients' fees are the same. As Samuel has mentioned above, any upfront/establishment fees charged to set up your budget are worked in to your budget plan solution and spread out over an affordable period of time to ensure that you are not financially impacted.

We also offer a free, no-obligation consultation where we create a budget plan that is yours to take home and keep, whether you decide to join or not! If you're interested in finding out more, I would suggest giving our team a call on 1300 300 922 (Option 2), and we can discuss this with you further. We look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thanks, Lauren - MyBudget

Alicia

Aliciaasked

MyBudget

Hi, I’m just wanting to know if there is a cooling off period after signing up? Thanks.

Shianne C.
Shianne C.

yes there is 2 days

Hi Alicia,

Thanks for your question. Shianne is correct, we have a 48 hour cooling off period after your initial appointment. If you have any other questions, or would like to discuss booking in some time to come and see our team, let me know.

All the best, Lauren - MyBudget

Shannon K.

Shannon K.asked

MyBudget

I want to know If I can leave my budget anytime? Are there fees involved in leaving?

Simone M.
Simone M.

We just read the contract as we are having some issues. And it says you have to give them 28 days notice and have to pay the establishment fee upfront.

Hi Shannon K,

You can certainly leave at anytime, and there are no fees involved with this. Our notice period is 28 days and if there is an amount outstanding on the Establishment Fee this will remain due. If you wish to discuss this further please give us a call.

Jaelyn

Jaelynasked

MyBudget

How is my budget allowed to set up a bank account for you?

Hi Jaelyn,

Thanks for your question. MyBudget has a business relationship with Westpac. Westpac supports our BSB, but MyBudget is in control of assigning account numbers to our clients. Our BSB is 035-807. You can view this information here. https://searchmybank.com/Australia/ViewBsb/035-807

Tracey Walker

Tracey Walkerasked

What does it cost?

Cheers
Trace tleawalker@hotmail.com

claudine
claudine

they are charging us 50 bux a week and over 1k in establishment fees, its n ow in AFCAs hands, seriously go through as many reviews as possible i wish i did, i would never have signed up, its nothing you cant do your self, read the barefoot investor, my friend hadvsied me prior but i simply didnt have time,, yes full of regrets

Hi Tracey,

Thank you for your question. As all of our budget plans are tailored to our clients' individual situations, no two fees are the same amount. The fees are worked out based on the solution provided to you, and are worked in to your budget plan to ensure that they are affordable.

We also have a free, no-obligation appointment available if you would just like to discuss your situation, see what options are available and decide from there. If you're interested in speaking about this further, please let me know or give us a call on 1300 300 922 (Option 2).

Gus L

Gus Lasked

MyBudget

Can mybudget work with a non fixed income as I work for myself?

Hi Gus L,

Thanks for your question! MyBudget helps a variety of clients with different incomes and situations however we know it can be tricky with an income that isn't fixed. My suggestion is to contact with us on 1300 300 922 (option 2) and speak with one of our money coaches who can assess your income situation and let you know exactly how we might be able to help before coming in for an appointment. If you'd like us to get in touch with you, please send us a PM.

Philip J

Philip Jasked

MyBudget

Hi my name is phil johnson and i have lost my job due to illness,I am getting the dole and get $532.00 per fortnight
I have big problems with finances as i owe at least $13000 dollars in debt i don't know what to do, can you help?

Lauren G.MyBudget

Hi Phil, thanks for reaching out. I'm really sorry to hear about your current situation. We help people in all different situations and we'd be happy to see if there's something we can do to support you. Please give us a call on 1300 300 922 and select option 2 to speak with one of our team members.

We look forward to speaking with you soon. Kind regards, Bek - MyBudget

Dee T.
Dee T.

Going with MB will leave you with no money whatsoever for things you need during the week, the fees are huge plus you pay an admin fee but they do not do what they say, I know, been there done that got out as soon as I could. Would NEVER recommend MB to anyone. There are much better and less expensive options out there.

Angela B.
Angela B.

Hey Dee, what was the cancellation process like for you? We are with mybudget but it just isnt working for us anymore but I worry about how messy the cancellation will be with getting all my finances sorted back into my accounts etc. Do they just leave you stranded?

craig a

craig aasked

MyBudget

hi i am up to date with all my bills but only just get by is this the right thing for me? craig

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your question. We help many different clients in all kinds of situations. The great thing about MyBudget is that our service is not only for people struggling with debt, but also for people who want to break the cycle of living week-to-week or pay-to-pay and start saving to get ahead of your financial goals.

If you're interested in finding out more about how we can help you, please give us a call on 1300 300 922 or private message me with your contact details. Speak soon!

Karen
Karen

Hi Craig I would highly recommend My Budget they truly help in any situation. They are simply amazing for budgeting

Jackie
Jackie

If you are just getting by then please consider that MB costs a lot! Not only is there the establishment fee, but they take their weekly fee before anything else is paid. They also make promises to do things that they just don't do so you end up spending a lot of time negotiating with people that MB don't pay when due that they leave you to manage. Think long and very hard!

Michel Adkin

Michel Adkinasked

How much do you charge?

Hi Michel Adkin,

Thanks for your question. Our budget plans are tailored to your individual situation, meaning that no two clients' fees are the same. We also offer a free, no-obligation consultation where we create a budget plan that is yours to take home and keep, whether you decide to join or not!

The budget is laid out before you in this consultation and you can decide if it is a good fit for you. If you're interested in finding out more, I would suggest giving our team a call on 1300 300 922 (Option 2), and we can discuss this with you further. We look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thanks, Bek - MyBudget

Hasan
Hasan

75 per week

Laurie Z

Laurie Zasked

MyBudget

If i was to join mybudget do i have any free cash spending available? And if no, can negotiate at short notice for funds?
I have a dog the regularly needs vet care and dog day care that i pay cash for, plus dog training.

Also i regularly need to attend doctors appts that can cost up to $300 a visit. I am on minimum wage.

I also purchase miscellaneous things my grandpa requests as he deposits money into my bank account to accommodate... can that be negotiated not to be touched?
And lastly... do i have to sign up for a minimum period?

Hi Laurie Z,

Thanks for your question! The best thing about our service is that it's flexible - We understand that things come up, and it's our mission to make sure that your budget can adapt to your changing needs. Expenses such as pets and doctors appointments are factored in to your budget plan to ensure that you're covered for when the time comes. We then make sure that there is a buffer for any miscellaneous costs that come up.

Please give us a call on 1300 300 922 and select option 2 to speak with one of our friendly team members about how we may be able to assist you. We can answer any further questions you may have and hopefully book you in for a free, no obligation consultation with one of our personal budgeting specialists.

We look forward to speaking with you soon! Kind regards, Bek - MyBudget

Vanessa

Vanessaasked

MyBudget

How do i delete messages from my inbox?

Hi Vanessa,

Thank you for contacting us in regards to your account. Are you referring to a message in your inbox on the MyBudget app/website? Whilst we don't have a 'delete message' feature, you can select to 'archive' the message which will move this in to an archived folder. If you require any further assistance, please email me at rebeccap@mybudget.com.au

Have a great day! Bek - MyBudget

Lorraine

Lorraineasked

MyBudget

Can you please tell me how much it costs to leave MyBudget? I have paid off my home and I am debt free so I know I can do this on my own. Thank you for you help MyBudget.
Lorraine

Fleur
Fleur

It doesnt cost to leave you just need to give 28days notice is writing.

Hi Lorraine,

I'm sorry to hear that you're looking to close your MyBudget account, but so glad to hear about all of the progress you've made - Congratulatons! There is no 'exit-fee' to leave the MyBudget service, however we do have a notice period as Fleur has mentioned above.

Please give us a call on 1300 300 922 and let our Customer Service team know that you'd like to discuss closing your account. Alternatively, please feel free to email me at rebeccap@mybudget.com.au and I'll organise for a supervisor to give you a call.

Speak to you soon! Kind regards, Bek - MyBudget

K J

K Jasked

MyBudget

If I join my budget, do I have to cancel or surrender my credit cards? Also, I am on a disability pension, so can I still join?

Hi K J,

Joining MyBudget certainly doesn't mean that you would need to cancel/surrender your credit cards! Depending on your financial situation and needs, we may look at negotiating on your behalf with your creditors, however these steps would be discussed in depth with you in an appointment where we map out exactly what will help you to achieve all of your goals.

We do currently have many clients who are receiving a pension, however we would need to speak with you further to ensure that the service is the right fit for you. Please give us a call on 1300 300 922 and select option 2 to speak with a consultant. If you'd prefer, send me an email with your details to rebeccap@mybudget.com.au and I will organise a call for you.

Speak soon! Kind regards, Bek - MyBudget

Kylie

Kylieasked

MyBudget

I need help, unfortunately I spoke to another company I don’t feel safe with and they say I am locked into a contract via verbal agreement, I really didn’t know what I was getting into and I like your reviews, am I able to get out of a verbal agreement with and go with you

Hi Kylie,

We're really sorry to hear that you're currently in a situation you're not comfortable with - We'd love to discuss your current arrangement with you further to see how we can help. Please give us a call on 1300 300 922, and select option 2 to speak with one of our consultants. Alternatively, feel free to email me at rebeccap@mybudget.com.au with your contact information and I will organise for someone to get in touch with you directly.

We look forward to speaking with you soon!

Tom

Tomasked

MyBudget

what will it cost me to get your help?

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your question. As our plans are created based on your individual situation, no two clients' fees are the same. However, you can come in for a free, no-obligation consultation. We create a budget plan that is yours to take home and keep, whether you decide to join or not! The budget is laid out before you in this consultation and you can decide if it is a good fit for you. I would suggest giving our team a call on 1300 300 922 (Option 2), and we can discuss this with you further.

We look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thanks, Bek - MyBudget

Stephen W

$42 a week plus around $2000 in set up fees. Buy a book and learn to do it yourself. You have to sign your finances over to them and even have your wage put into their account on which they earn interest. They set up an arrangement for me, and one month didn't pay it. The result was a default notice 6 months later from the company. They will take their fee before anything else so if it's food or their fee, you will starve.

Quintin

Quintinasked

MyBudget

What time are the payment runs from MyBudget account to my bank account?

Hi Quintin,

Thanks for your question. We have six payment runs throughout the day - 7:45AM, 10:15AM, 11:45AM, 2:15PM, 3:45PM, 4:45PM. Hope that helps! Have a great day.

philwood11

philwood11asked

MyBudget

Hi, I am a past member of My Budget from about 3 years ago and am considering a return later this year after my wedding and honeymoon. I would likely join again only under my name and details hence making the setup a very simply process as I’m sure you would still have my budget and everything on your system. I understand you can’t quote in this forum but can I please ask if would I be required to pay the full initial establishment fee again or can I expect a discounted fee?

You can see my television commercial here: https://youtu.be/dSqSN_UJVOA

Hi philwood11,

Thanks for contacting us about potentially returning to the service - Great news that you're looking at coming on board again! We would need to have a look at your account and get some more information from you to see what establishment fee would be applicable - Are you able to please email me at rebeccap@mybudget.com.au with your previous budget & contact details so that I can help you out further? I'm sure we can work something out for you!

I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards, Bek - MyBudget

Kate A
Kate A

Sorry, not an answer but just wondering if you were paid or compensated for your ad?

Get an answer from our members and MyBudget representatives