4.5 from 1,216 reviews

49 questions from our users

Lindsay

Lindsayasked

If I have 2 lots of superannuation and am over 60 can I use one to pay out my credit cards.

anthony steward
anthony steward

hi lindsay!!

happy 2020!!

best you contact MyBudget (1300 300 922) as they'll DEFINITELY be able to give you the proper advice on your financial conundrum.

regards,
anthony...

Susan Lambrou

Susan Lambrouasked

Do you do bank transfers on a Saturday

Hi Susan,

Thanks for your question. We have six payment runs that occur from Monday - Friday: 7:45AM, 10:15AM, 11:45AM, 2:15PM, 3:45PM, 4:45PM. Hope that helps! Have a great day.

Kind regards, Peter - MyBudget

Ronda H.
Ronda H.

What timezone are these?

Dee T.asked

Reading some of these reviews and after my own experience with you I am gob smacked at some of what you do. Its deplorable, do you not feel any shame? I mean seriously? You have singled handedly ruined some ppl's lives here and you dont even give a damn. I dont for one minute believe all these glowing reports. What kinda company are you? Oh yeah, a crappy one that only cares about money. Shame on you MB shame shame shame.

Mike

There is not one glowing report that comes from a verified customer. I encourage you Dee to go through all their "Positive" responses and flag them for violating these terms and conditions:
---
A number of reviews that are overly positive or contain marketing speak.
If it feels like there is a strange pattern in positive reviews report this so our content team to look into this further.

Mr Muggles
Mr Muggles

Yeah - all the positive reviews are fake - they should be reported. I remember when I was a customer the effort they would go to to try and get me to write a review with fed lines.

Mikeasked

Budgeting Services

Why are none of your positive reviews from Verified Customers?? Why do they all read like the first twenty seconds of a radio advertisement?

Dee T.

lol even in their tv ads they have to say REAL MB customers cuz when they first started out they would use actors in different roles in different ads. Not only that but seems to me their service has not improved at all in 10 yrs so they gotta make themselves look good somehow cuz most ppl that have been with them regret it.

They really are terrible aren't they? STAY AWAY PEOPLE,

Dee T.

they are absolute shockers to say the least

Kroony6

Kroony6asked

What times is the bank transfer

Hi Kroony6,

Great question!

We have six payment runs that occur throughout the day from Monday to Friday which I have listed these below for you. Please note that these are local South Australian times and may vary dependant on time zone.

- 7:45 am
- 10:15 am
- 11:45 am
- 2:15 pm
- 3:45 pm
- 4:45 pm

Once a payment is processed it may usually take up to one day to be received into your account.

I hope you have a great day!

Kind Regards, Peter - MyBudget

Financially free

Financially freeasked

Debt Consolidation

If I require an amount of $50 - $60K to cover my current finances would My Budget be able to help to find a company to finance the loan

arnaud p.

You would habe to ask them on that sorry

Bethrow

My answer would be no. I asked them if they could recommend the best companies to save money when it comes to insurance, electricity, gas and so on...and they don’t do that. They only work with you to come up with a budget based on your take home pay so you are able to eliminate debt and pay bills on time.

Hi Financially free,

Thanks for your question. MyBudget may be able to assist you with a lending solution if required as we do have a lending team on board with us. This is something that we assess during our free no-obligation consultations with a personal budgeting specialist. If you are interested in speaking to us further about this and whether it may be an option for you, please give us a call on 1300 300 922 and select option 2.

I hope that helps - We look forward to speaking with you! Kind regards, Lauren - MyBudget

Financially free

Financially freeasked

What are the cost up front and does the price differ if I live in Bunbury Western Australia

arnaud p.

Well the cost depend on the service your after and i dont think it matters where in Australia you live

Bethrow

Fees are figured into your budget after they look at your income and expense. Fees are figured into budget once it is created. Once budget is created you will be able to look and see everything they are doing, what they are paying, what bills are on hold etc. Also, it does not matter where you are located in Australia as long as you are in Australia.

Juzzy
Juzzy

What percentage of the budget goes to them

Michelle

Michelleasked

Hi how much is the establishment fee/s. Thank you.

Samuel H.
Samuel H.

About 1400 and its split over afew payments but the first meeting with them they will tell you this i hope this helps

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for your question. Our budget plans are tailored to your individual situation, meaning that no two clients' fees are the same. As Samuel has mentioned above, any upfront/establishment fees charged to set up your budget are worked in to your budget plan solution and spread out over an affordable period of time to ensure that you are not financially impacted.

We also offer a free, no-obligation consultation where we create a budget plan that is yours to take home and keep, whether you decide to join or not! If you're interested in finding out more, I would suggest giving our team a call on 1300 300 922 (Option 2), and we can discuss this with you further. We look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thanks, Lauren - MyBudget

Mike

Please note that Samuel have a quick and simple answer, and Lauren wrote a lot and still refused to give you an answer. Samuel is right it is 1400 - 1500 split over a few payment. Real kick in the guts those first few weeks you start with them.

Alicia

Aliciaasked

Hi, I’m just wanting to know if there is a cooling off period after signing up? Thanks.

Shianne C.
Shianne C.

yes there is 2 days

Hi Alicia,

Thanks for your question. Shianne is correct, we have a 48 hour cooling off period after your initial appointment. If you have any other questions, or would like to discuss booking in some time to come and see our team, let me know.

All the best, Lauren - MyBudget

Kaz P.
Kaz P.

Hi, are the 48 hours business days?

Shannon K.

Shannon K.asked

I want to know If I can leave my budget anytime? Are there fees involved in leaving?

Simone M.
Simone M.

We just read the contract as we are having some issues. And it says you have to give them 28 days notice and have to pay the establishment fee upfront.

Hi Shannon K,

You can certainly leave at anytime, and there are no fees involved with this. Our notice period is 28 days and if there is an amount outstanding on the Establishment Fee this will remain due. If you wish to discuss this further please give us a call.

Mike

It is a month where they still take $40 from you every week.

Jaelyn

Jaelynasked

How is my budget allowed to set up a bank account for you?

Hi Jaelyn,

Thanks for your question. MyBudget has a business relationship with Westpac. Westpac supports our BSB, but MyBudget is in control of assigning account numbers to our clients. Our BSB is 035-807. You can view this information here. https://searchmybank.com/Australia/ViewBsb/035-807

Mike

See. By setting up one bank account to receive the pay of all their customers, MyBudget makes a shirt-load off interest on your money. The admin fee isn't where they make most of their coin.

Tami K.
Tami K.

So what? They need to make money to be able to help people. It’s better to come out of interest rather than having larger fees

Tracey Walker

Tracey Walkerasked

What does it cost?

Cheers
Trace tleawalker@hotmail.com

claudine
claudine

they are charging us 50 bux a week and over 1k in establishment fees, its n ow in AFCAs hands, seriously go through as many reviews as possible i wish i did, i would never have signed up, its nothing you cant do your self, read the barefoot investor, my friend hadvsied me prior but i simply didnt have time,, yes full of regrets

Hi Tracey,

Thank you for your question. As all of our budget plans are tailored to our clients' individual situations, no two fees are the same amount. The fees are worked out based on the solution provided to you, and are worked in to your budget plan to ensure that they are affordable.

We also have a free, no-obligation appointment available if you would just like to discuss your situation, see what options are available and decide from there. If you're interested in speaking about this further, please let me know or give us a call on 1300 300 922 (Option 2).

Mike

Hi. Please do not go near MyBudget. Yes. The Barefoot investor is a great start.

Gus L

Gus Lasked

Can mybudget work with a non fixed income as I work for myself?

Hi Gus L,

Thanks for your question! MyBudget helps a variety of clients with different incomes and situations however we know it can be tricky with an income that isn't fixed. My suggestion is to contact with us on 1300 300 922 (option 2) and speak with one of our money coaches who can assess your income situation and let you know exactly how we might be able to help before coming in for an appointment. If you'd like us to get in touch with you, please send us a PM.

Kind regards, Bek - MyBudget

Philip J

Philip Jasked

Hi my name is phil johnson and i have lost my job due to illness,I am getting the dole and get $532.00 per fortnight
I have big problems with finances as i owe at least $13000 dollars in debt i don't know what to do, can you help?

Lauren G.MyBudget

Hi Phil, thanks for reaching out. I'm really sorry to hear about your current situation. We help people in all different situations and we'd be happy to see if there's something we can do to support you. Please give us a call on 1300 300 922 and select option 2 to speak with one of our team members.

We look forward to speaking with you soon. Kind regards, Bek - MyBudget

Dee T.

Going with MB will leave you with no money whatsoever for things you need during the week, the fees are huge plus you pay an admin fee but they do not do what they say, I know, been there done that got out as soon as I could. Would NEVER recommend MB to anyone. There are much better and less expensive options out there.

Angela B.
Angela B.

Hey Dee, what was the cancellation process like for you? We are with mybudget but it just isnt working for us anymore but I worry about how messy the cancellation will be with getting all my finances sorted back into my accounts etc. Do they just leave you stranded?

craig a

craig aasked

hi i am up to date with all my bills but only just get by is this the right thing for me? craig

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your question. We help many different clients in all kinds of situations. The great thing about MyBudget is that our service is not only for people struggling with debt, but also for people who want to break the cycle of living week-to-week or pay-to-pay and start saving to get ahead of your financial goals.

If you're interested in finding out more about how we can help you, please give us a call on 1300 300 922 or private message me with your contact details. Speak soon!

Kind regards, Bek - MyBudget

Karen
Karen

Hi Craig I would highly recommend My Budget they truly help in any situation. They are simply amazing for budgeting

Jackie
Jackie

If you are just getting by then please consider that MB costs a lot! Not only is there the establishment fee, but they take their weekly fee before anything else is paid. They also make promises to do things that they just don't do so you end up spending a lot of time negotiating with people that MB don't pay when due that they leave you to manage. Think long and very hard!

Michel Adkin

Michel Adkinasked

How much do you charge?

Hi Michel Adkin,

Thanks for your question. Our budget plans are tailored to your individual situation, meaning that no two clients' fees are the same. We also offer a free, no-obligation consultation where we create a budget plan that is yours to take home and keep, whether you decide to join or not!

The budget is laid out before you in this consultation and you can decide if it is a good fit for you. If you're interested in finding out more, I would suggest giving our team a call on 1300 300 922 (Option 2), and we can discuss this with you further. We look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thanks, Bek - MyBudget

Hasan
Hasan

75 per week

Your soul.

Laurie Z

Laurie Zasked

If i was to join mybudget do i have any free cash spending available? And if no, can negotiate at short notice for funds?
I have a dog the regularly needs vet care and dog day care that i pay cash for, plus dog training.

Also i regularly need to attend doctors appts that can cost up to $300 a visit. I am on minimum wage.

I also purchase miscellaneous things my grandpa requests as he deposits money into my bank account to accommodate... can that be negotiated not to be touched?
And lastly... do i have to sign up for a minimum period?

Hi Laurie Z,

Thanks for your question! The best thing about our service is that it's flexible - We understand that things come up, and it's our mission to make sure that your budget can adapt to your changing needs. Expenses such as pets and doctors appointments are factored in to your budget plan to ensure that you're covered for when the time comes. We then make sure that there is a buffer for any miscellaneous costs that come up.

Please give us a call on 1300 300 922 and select option 2 to speak with one of our friendly team members about how we may be able to assist you. We can answer any further questions you may have and hopefully book you in for a free, no obligation consultation with one of our personal budgeting specialists.

We look forward to speaking with you soon! Kind regards, Bek - MyBudget

Mike

Hi Laurie. Lauren is a liar. I have a recording of her lying. Only listen to the 2 or 3 star stories.

Jayden B.
Jayden B.

Hey mike, idk, i been with my budget 2 years the first 6 months were tryna get everything on time and right dates, i had to increase my income, got that done, my surplus today is $15000 i had expenses that weighed out my $700 income but now i'm earning $1000 and expenses down to $450 and i'm looking to leave my budget so i can get a home loan.. the budget is only as good as the effort your gonna put into it. If your lazy and don't verify your bills and payments, you're only screwing yourself...

Vanessa

Vanessaasked

How do i delete messages from my inbox?

Hi Vanessa,

Thank you for contacting us in regards to your account. Are you referring to a message in your inbox on the MyBudget app/website? Whilst we don't have a 'delete message' feature, you can select to 'archive' the message which will move this in to an archived folder. If you require any further assistance, please email me at rebeccap@mybudget.com.au

Have a great day! Bek - MyBudget

Lorraine

Lorraineasked

Can you please tell me how much it costs to leave MyBudget? I have paid off my home and I am debt free so I know I can do this on my own. Thank you for you help MyBudget.
Lorraine

Fleur
Fleur

It doesnt cost to leave you just need to give 28days notice is writing.

Hi Lorraine,

I'm sorry to hear that you're looking to close your MyBudget account, but so glad to hear about all of the progress you've made - Congratulatons! There is no 'exit-fee' to leave the MyBudget service, however we do have a notice period as Fleur has mentioned above.

Please give us a call on 1300 300 922 and let our Customer Service team know that you'd like to discuss closing your account. Alternatively, please feel free to email me at rebeccap@mybudget.com.au and I'll organise for a supervisor to give you a call.

Speak to you soon! Kind regards, Bek - MyBudget

K J

K Jasked

If I join my budget, do I have to cancel or surrender my credit cards? Also, I am on a disability pension, so can I still join?

Hi K J,

Joining MyBudget certainly doesn't mean that you would need to cancel/surrender your credit cards! Depending on your financial situation and needs, we may look at negotiating on your behalf with your creditors, however these steps would be discussed in depth with you in an appointment where we map out exactly what will help you to achieve all of your goals.

We do currently have many clients who are receiving a pension, however we would need to speak with you further to ensure that the service is the right fit for you. Please give us a call on 1300 300 922 and select option 2 to speak with a consultant. If you'd prefer, send me an email with your details to rebeccap@mybudget.com.au and I will organise a call for you.

Speak soon! Kind regards, Bek - MyBudget

Get an answer from our members and MyBudget representatives