NAB Traveller Card

NAB Traveller Card

See the Best Travel Money Cards in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Oxa.N

Oxa.NGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Never again

Traveled to London. Card was accepted everywhere with no prob. The exchange rate to get "leftover" money back form the account after finishing my trip was absolutely disgusting! The worst you can possibly find around Australia. NAB simply ripping you off on completely legal grounds. Would never use them again and definitely not recommend this card to anyone. Just use your credit card - it will be cheaper.

CurrencyGBP

Aussies in spain

Aussies in spainGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

NAB has led is down big time.

Tried to get euros out of NAB travel card. No success. Wrote to bank and they said call them. Can't they fix this on line? It's really inconvenient for me to call Australia and be put on hold only to be given the run around.

Kerrie

KerrieIllawarra, NSW

DO NOT GET A NAB TRAVELLER CARD

My card was scammed in Seville at a ATM. I put my card in to withdraw money and cancelled the transaction as i didn't want to pay 8 EURO to withdraw money. On checking my bank statement it showed i withdrew $397AUS and it came out of US dollars that i also had added to my NAB card. How can a ATM in Europe show I took out AUS dollars and then withdrew money out of US dollars not EURO. I went through filling in the form and like so many other complaints the NAB said they checked with the bank and they gave me 10, 20 and 50 euro notes totally in $200 euro. Total lies as every other ATM across Europe dispensed $50 euro notes. i would have been better off taking cash. my friend had a ANZ travel card with no problems at all.

CurrencyEUR and USD

Do not get this card. It's a rip off with enormous, hidden fees

I was charged at least 4% on every foreign ATM withdrawal...in addition to a terrible exchange rate.
Also, you cannot check your account online. I received a paper statement 3 months after my trip ended. It was only at that point I realised how much I had been ripped off by fees.

I cut the card up and will never use NAB for anything ever again.

Alan B.

Alan B.Hobart, TAS

An awesome card

Travelled to Italy, Greece, Qatar and Croatia, what a perfect card, it would be the only card I would use. I read the T&Cs I understood them and the only charges was $2.46ish for cash withdrawal in Qatar (which I expected). People make the card work for you.

Competitive Exchange Rate Yes

acki

ackiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Useless card and took my money

This card is for my emergency expenses only once I finished my cash. I am in osaka right now and I used this card for the first time yesterday. I went to shop and used the card and they said that it was declined. I log in to my bank but it was debited. I ended up paying my last cash. I am so frustrated the nab took $450 to my account. I hope they will resolve this. I emailed them but no response yet. So useless

CurrencyJPY

phil

philPerth, WA

What a useless card

Just home from the trip. My NAB online banking cannot provide a statement. The online chat cannot help unless you wish to use an app. I wish to print out on a computer which the system cannot do. They give you a number to call to order a statement. This person transfers around the globe a few times then you are told the queue is very long & hold for 20 mins. The you give up and acquire a different card foe next time.

CurrencyEUR and GBP

Raymond

RaymondSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not exactly as the nab web site says

Web site says , go to nab branch and pick up a traveller card. No nab account needed. So i went to a branch and asked for a card.
A nab account is required or no traveller card.
They would not give me the card unless i loaded it immediately in the bank.
So i left with no travellers card.
Nothing is as on the nab web site

Ripped off!

I have used my NAB travel card on three trips to Europe. Twice ATMs apparently dispensed cash and money was withdrawn from my account. We disputed these and recouped the money in one instance with proof from a receipt. The second time no receipt was issued from the stand alone ATM machine. NAB contacted the ATM company who said the money was dispensed, however no funds were actually released. NAB took the other banks word over mine.

I’m glad it was only 100 Euro I lost. It could have been much worse. Don’t trust this card!

John C.

John C.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Blocked my card, left me stranded

Was travelling to Phuket, told the bank my travel dates, arrived in Phuket was getting a tattoo, needed to pay , went to ATM machine, card was immediately blocked. Had no other cash, the trouble this caused me is a story in itself.

CurrencyGBP and THB

Tony Lee

Tony LeePerth, WA

Daylight Robbery

The money was transferred out of my bank account immediately.
The money in my chosen currency was available four business days later.
I could go a street money changer in the country of the chosen currency and get at least 10% better rate.
When I returned to Australia, I went into a NAB branch to express my opinion of the travel card and why I would never use it again. The response was "Don't blame you, we don't like it either,

CurrencyTHB
Competitive Exchange Rate No

I've never left a bad review until NOW.

Graeme Winslett

Graeme WinslettSouth East Queensland, QLD

Travel card stolen on metro in Athens

David W.

David W.Canberra 2600, ACT

Ridiculous fees

I opted for a NAB traveller card for the ease of linking to my existing NAB accounts, which is handy. I transfered across 1500AUD to USD, within 10 minutes of the transfer I checked how much I would get back in AUD and to my surprise my 1500 turned into 1340 i.e. 160 in fees/ rates conversions.

CurrencyUSD

Ian

IanWollongong

Stolen Cards Replaced while on Holiday in Italy

CurrencyEUR and GBP
Competitive Exchange Rate Yes

Worked Perfectly in the USA

I used the card extensively in the USA (San Francisco, LA etc). It worked every time. Easy to load via the NAB app - instant and no extra fees except the initial slightly poor conversion rate ~3% to USD. As long as you load to USD and not leave it in AUD, then everything it smooth. And select "Credit" if asked - then all is ok.

CurrencyUSD

Jose

JoseGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst travel card

I could not change my pin once my card expired and had to use one which the bank gave me. Terrible service too because the person on the phone gave me a different set of instructions to what I was told when I talked to the person in my local branch.

Kat

KatGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Useless. Waste of time

I don’t see the point to this card as it doesn’t work anywhere. I have tried over a dozen ATM machines in Europe and yet to be able to withdraw money. I have 300€ sitting in my account that I can’t access. Useless, pointless, don’t waste your time.

Can't transfer money.

I have $3000 AUD sitting in my NAB account and everytime I go to "manage" my NAB traveller so I can transfer my money it crashes. So I am now in a foreign country (UK) with NO money. This has only just started doing this. Over the past few months I've had no issues.

CurrencyGBP

Worst.

Ridiculous fees and just does not work. I get caught out in every country simply because the app won't load. Has "problem retrieving your travel card"

Do not recommend to anyone.