NAB Traveller Card

NAB Traveller Card

See the Best Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by NAB

• Competitive Exchange Rate Yes (3) · No (10)

Won't honour purchases without calling them every single time and did not disclose internal policy changes to users

CurrencyAUD
Sue L.
Sue L.Sydney, NSW

Do yourself a favour - do not get this card

I had 2000 euros left on my card & decided to deposit it into my NAB account, converting into Australian dollars. The charge was an unbelievable $200. No explanation. No chance of it’s recovery.

Michael000
Michael000

Avoid this card - Horrible exchange fees then 4% conversion fees anyway!

Exactly the experience of Bee below.
On ill advice of this bank, I loaded a NAB Travel card with USD at a terrible exchange rate, then I was charged 4% conversion fees on transactions because - although I made purchases in USD, these were made online in AUS.
As for customer service - forget it! Just another off shore call centre

Helen
HelenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Please DO NOT GET THIS CARD

Went to Canada Hotel would not accept this card as it had no name printed on the card, so we were forced to use our credit card.
The worst thing, decided to cancel this card and transfer the funds to my bank account it took 2 months, when they state 3-5 days. I am still waiting, because there is a dispute now about the currency rates. The NAB has washed there hands, as they do with everything.
They do not cover you if you lose the card and your funds are stolen. REMBER THIS. They don’t tell you that.

Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Find out how NAB Traveller Card compares to other Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

IanWollongong

UPDATE - Further Benefits of NAB Traveller Card

Argus
ArgusGoulburn Valley, VIC

No fees, big deal, no service.

No trouble using some for transactions while on holidays some months ago. It was a test run before the now cancelled trip to Europe. Since returning I cannot access a statement, the registration page has had the same issues with not accepting passwords, the staff in the branch cant assist, online there is no joy, and when you call the number the online chat directs you to the options dont function.

Morgan H.
Morgan H.South East Queensland, QLD

Left me broke and stranded in Europe.

CurrencyAUD and EUR
N.  Doyle
N. DoyleGreat Southern, WA

The card could not be used.

CurrencyEUR
Alan B.
Alan B.Hobart, TAS

Awesome product

Zero problems Only got charge fees in 1 country qatar, No fees other than stated currency changeover. So easy to use, if you read the t&c make it work for you reading some of the reviews people have failed to understand the t&cs

Competitive Exchange Rate Yes

Disappointed

CurrencyAUD and USD
Oxa.N
Oxa.NGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Never again

Traveled to London. Card was accepted everywhere with no prob. The exchange rate to get "leftover" money back form the account after finishing my trip was absolutely disgusting! The worst you can possibly find around Australia. NAB simply ripping you off on completely legal grounds. Would never use them again and definitely not recommend this card to anyone. Just use your credit card - it will be cheaper.

Aussies in spain
Aussies in spainGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

NAB has led is down big time.

Tried to get euros out of NAB travel card. No success. Wrote to bank and they said call them. Can't they fix this on line? It's really inconvenient for me to call Australia and be put on hold only to be given the run around.

CurrencyEUR

Kerrie
KerrieIllawarra, NSW

DO NOT GET A NAB TRAVELLER CARD

My card was scammed in Seville at a ATM. I put my card in to withdraw money and cancelled the transaction as i didn't want to pay 8 EURO to withdraw money. On checking my bank statement it showed i withdrew $397AUS and it came out of US dollars that i also had added to my NAB card. How can a ATM in Europe show I took out AUS dollars and then withdrew money out of US dollars not EURO. I went through filling in the form and like so many other complaints the NAB said they checked with the bank and they gave me 10, 20 and 50 euro notes totally in $200 euro. Total lies as every other ATM across Europe dispensed $50 euro notes. i would have been better off taking cash. my friend had a ANZ travel card with no problems at all.

CurrencyEUR and USD

Do not get this card. It's a rip off with enormous, hidden fees

I was charged at least 4% on every foreign ATM withdrawal...in addition to a terrible exchange rate.
Also, you cannot check your account online. I received a paper statement 3 months after my trip ended. It was only at that point I realised how much I had been ripped off by fees.

I cut the card up and will never use NAB for anything ever again.

Alan B.
Alan B.Hobart, TAS

An awesome card

Travelled to Italy, Greece, Qatar and Croatia, what a perfect card, it would be the only card I would use. I read the T&Cs I understood them and the only charges was $2.46ish for cash withdrawal in Qatar (which I expected). People make the card work for you.