New Wave Thermochef Natura NW-100

New Wave Thermochef Natura NW-100

See the Best All-In-One Kitchen Appliances in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Nick

NickSydney, NSW

Don't buy. No customer service. Plagued with problems.

Don't buy. No customer service. Plagued with problems. We have had it for a few years and used it as a blender. Had it repaired a couple of times but has reached a stage where we can no longer contact anyone at customer support.

Purchased in October 2012 for $800.00.

Noise Level
Safety

Russ

RussMelbourne

Don't bother. Works 20% of the time...

Yes it is relatively cheap compared to some of the other similar machines on the market but it often doesn't work or stop 15 seconds into using it.

I try and use it to cook porridge in the morning and can be quite frustrating to add all the ingredients to the bowl, add the cooking settings only to have it suddenly stop 15 secs later and then have to transfer all the mixture to a pot and cook on the stove.

Would not recommend

Purchased in July 2016 at Kogan.com for $450.00.

Noise Level
Bob Clifford

Bob Clifford

Don't expect any decent customer service

This appliance was fine.... when it worked. About 6 months in, it started giving and error message and blowing my fuses every time I tried to use the jug.
Contacted thermochef and got the reply that it was probably the thermostat in the jug, but they didn't have a replacement. I asked for a solution....no reply....ever. It's now an expensive set of scales!
Would not buy again and would not recommend

Date PurchasedDec 2016
jo0853

jo0853AU

Best Boat Anchor

Such a waste of money. So happy it eventually died! Will make a great boat anchor. Worst appliance to ever enter my kitchen. It only makes gravy and mushy foods. Most expensive way to make playdough! Need the strength of 10 men to remove the jug from the contraption. So NOISY and heavy! Cant come up with anything nice to say about it. Don't waste your money on it.
Now Im stuck with a cupboard full of Thermochef specific recipe books, extra jugs and accessories. Email me if you want to buy them off me for a song!

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Pat

PatNorth Queensland, QLD

best ever

Great price, easy to use, easy to clean. I did not want to spend a fortune on something may never use, the price of this one was good and it has the same warranty as the more expensive one, I could buy 9 of these, I don't think I will ever buy the expensive one, this one does it all,

Date PurchasedJul 2017

An $800 ornament on my benchtop

Really enjoyed using my TC when I purchased it 3 1/2 years ago - for 6 months, I started getting error messages and sent it back 3 times for repair after then. Something to do with the heat sensor. It stopped working again when out of warranty (2 years) and when ownership changed hands (New owners made it even harder to get my TC repaired and someone on the phone there suggested to me that my jugs were faulty) but I realise now that the machine actually has an intermittent fault _ it seems some of the wiring is not making contact. However if you jiggle it around it sometimes works. Trouble is, I know if I send it to them (out of warranty) they won't find a fault and it will cost me even more money.

Date PurchasedOct 2013

Jeanneanderic

JeanneandericWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

I have owned my thermo chef for 7years. Only problem I have had which NWKA replaced within a couple

When I first got my machine it was hard taking the blade out, but overtime it became easier. It does everything a thermo mix does. I like it better because the scales are on the side, less chance of putting in the wrong amount of ingredients. Sometimes food sticks but its trial and error but easy to clean. I also bought an extra jug.

Date PurchasedJan 2010

Great for about 2 years then things went terribly bad

Worked well for a couple of years, then for no apparent reason an error came up that was not able to be erased. It appears that hese are a throw away item. At $800 we expected a bit more. Wish we had purchased the Thermomix (although we couldnt justify the cost).

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

chicane71Melbourne

Good alternative to Thermomix

Date PurchasedMay 2014

useless, waste of money

This was the biggest waste of money. It spent more time in error mode than actually doing anything. I threw it away and upgraded to a thermomix and havent looked back. It was sent back for repairs numerous times within 6 months and still couldnt do basic functions without bringing up error after error

Cath C

Cath Cmelbourne

Poor value - doesnt last

We bought a thermochef to replace a blender which had lasted for decades, and after 'investing' $800 in a thermochef (which we only used on occasions - no more than once a week) the metal spindle has broken and there is no way of getting it fixed. We bother replacing a with a new one - may as well buy something cheap if its only going to last a couple of years.

A '1' is too good, don't waste your money on a cheap alternative

Bought this from Kogan. No instructions came with it so had no idea how to use it. Had to search the net for how to use this machine. First and only time I used it, I made a lovely Chinese chicken dish and great steamed rice but the bowl/jug does not now come off from the base. Rang Kogan who said to ring someone else who said to ring a mobile number of the person who owns the New Wave products. Rang mobile 4 times, last time got a lady who had nothing to do with New Wave. In the meantime, food is now putrid in the bottom of the jug, can't wash since can't get base wet. Under warantee but no one is accepting responsibility for replacement. Everyone can't figure out why jug can't be removed, neither can I.

Fiona

FionaPerth

Wonderful

I use my Thermo Chef three to four times a week. I cook the same recipes that are created for the thermomix. Thermo chef doesn't have the reverse function. However the recipes are easy to made without the reverse or using a butterfly clip. Not as good as a Thermomix, however for the price difference it is worth it & does the job.

smiles79

smiles79Perth

Doesn't Last

I have had my ThermoChef for a few years now and at first i loved it and was glad i didn't buy a Thermomix as the ThermoChef did everything the Thermomix did and didn't cost an arm and leg. As time has gone on it doesn't do things as well. I bought a second jug so I had one for cooking with and the other for food processing. One night a blade broke in the new jug and then a few weeks later the other one blade broke too whilst making risotto.. now i just want to throw the machine at a wall, Kinda wish i had just saved that $800 and put it toward the thermomix now. :(

Mastered my Thermochef - Finally!

Useless

Had my thermochef for 2 years. First one the motor blew when grating cheese so they replaced it. My second one will not steam. It keeps stopping for no reason. Mine was a gift otherwise I would've gone straight for the thermomix as my sisters have it and I absolutely love it. USELESS!!!!!

Waste of money

Louis

Louismelbourn

An Amazing Appliances

Great time saver with plenty of untility