NexGard Chewables Green (For Dogs 10.1 - 24kg)

NexGard Chewables Green (For Dogs 10.1 - 24kg)

See the Best Heart & Intestinal Wormers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Side Effects Short-term illness (3) · Long-term illness (2) · None (2) · Death (1) · Personality change (1)

My girl is sick!

I gave both of my dogs Nexgard yesterday. Within hours, my little Shih Tzu had horrible diarrhea. She has never had this before and she is 13. This has continued, unabated, for 36 hours. I held food and pushed water. She now has nothing but blood coming out. It is absolutely horrible for her. I will say that her spirits are still high, and she has no neurological issues. The blood is abating as time goes by. I called her vet who advised me to hold food and push water. I think Nexguard did this to her as she has never had anything even close to this before. Be careful everyone. I will not be giving anymore internal flea meds to either of my dogs. Say a prayer for little Mia, please. Thank you.

Purchased in November 2019 for $56.00.

jemma g.

jemma g.Perth, WA

Does not work, made my dog sick

We moved into a new house and there were fleas in the carpet. I purchased Nexguard from City Farmers for over $60. The " chewable" tablet crumbled everywhere when I opened it. The next 2 days my dog wouldnt eat or drink or move from his bed. His heart was racing and he was shallow breathing. I do not recommend this product. One week later and my dog still has fleas.

Purchased in October 2019 at City Farmers.

Brendan

BrendanMurray Mallee, SA

Missing produce.

Opened a box of 3 that wash purchased from the vet, only to find 1 chewable in package. Perfectly sealed box. After reading reviews and the fact i can't even give both my dogs one each.

Purchased in August 2019 at Riverland veterinary practice for $65.90.

Diarrhea for days!

Perfectly healthy 8 month old puppy, running around happy in the morning, had the nextguard at midday. Horrible horrible diarrhea for the next 48 hours, he was dehydrated, and lethargic. Passed loose watery stools every hour for the first 12 hours, then every 2-3 hours for the next 24hours. No sleep for puppy or owner. Very scary. Would NOT recommend. This was his third dose. Have since ceased using this product.

Purchased in May 2019 for $155.00.

Works AMAZING!!

Purchased in June 2019 at Chewy for $47.00.

Side Effects None
Pet TypeDog

My dog extremely Sick after first time

Within 2 weeks after giving my schauezner she started throwing up, having seizures, not eating..Very lethargic, and spotting blood..This dog was completely healthy until i gave her nextgard...Im very scared Im going lose her..Its totally poisoned her

Purchased in April 2019 for $50.00.

Side Effects Long-term illness
Pet TypeDog

My 4 months old puppy is having a neurological reaction!!!

Purchased in April 2019.

Side Effects Personality change

Chantelle

ChantelleHunter Region, NSW

Love it

Works great, never had a problem with fleas or ticks and it's easy to get dogs to eat, because I guess it must taste good. Only product I use now

Purchased in April 2019 at Vet Net Supplies for $98.00.

Side Effects None

Nexgard killed my dog

I had a normal healthy dog until I switched to nexgard last spring. He went downhill from there & passed away in Dec. He turned into a dog I didn’t know. Seizures, mean to the point he bit me, constant pain.
Protect your babies.
Do not use this poison!!!!

Purchased in March 2018 at Vet for $100.00.

Side Effects Death
Pet TypeDog

Affecting my dogs balance & hind legs

Since using Nexgard my border collie is having difficulties with her hind legs & has starting falling over.
I wish I had read these comments prior to use.
Please do not give this to your precious babies

Purchased in March 2019 for $65.00.

Lisa

LisaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poison NO DO NOT GIVE TO YOUR DOG

Purchased in January 2019 at Budget Pet Products for $60.00.

Side Effects Long-term illness

NexGard is POISON

My stupid vet gave my Aussie who’s 8 months one chewy tablet last Thursday and in less than 24 she started vomiting and lathargic. This is pure poison please do not allow your vet to give to your pets.

Purchased in February 2019 for $55.00.

Bunny

BunnyColumbus

DON'T USE Nexgard chewables

My dog suffered notable hives, and vomiting, 5 months after her first chew, so after 5 chews. I changed her diet. My vet said Nexgard chewables were safer, less toxic than the topical. Therefore, I didn't consider them the problem. I reduced her dose to every other month to be cautious. When hives and vomiting returned, w/a strange cough, I ceased using Nexgard. It was too late. She had developed an inoperable heart tumor, after 7 chews, or 9 months. She died 2 months after diagnosis from heart failure, caused by the rapidly growing tumor. Flea and tick medication is for topical use only.

Ash

AshGold Coast

Works great

I don’t know why everyone is complaining. All flea and tick treatments are poison, because they kill fleas and ticks. My dog is 11kg and has no problem eating these, and has no reaction. There is a possibility of a bad reaction with any medication, so why this one is getting so much slack, I don’t know. But it works perfectly for my dog

Cher

CherLa Porte

Caused my border collie to have seizures

15 days after his dose of NexGard, my beautiful two-and-a-half-year-old border collie had a seizure and 9 days later he had a cluster of five, cost us $700 to take him to the emergency hospital, where they put on anti-seizure medicine, and pretty much told us he would be on at the rest of his life. Hopefully, that won't be the case he had a slight seizure the day after the hospital visit, and I took him to our veterinarian who believes, as well as I do, that he was poisoned by NexGard. This stuff should be banned! And just because a dog is fine on it for a month or two doesn't mean it's not going she caused horrible at first effects.

Unhappy

UnhappyAdelaide

Made my dog vomit repeatedly

Bought this to try as an alternative to topical treatment but it made my dog very sick with repeated vomiting
Returned rest of pack to vet for refund and they said this was common

This product is terrible

I only treat my 17 month old Border Collie with a NexGard chewable during the tick & flea season. When I give him this product he has diarrhea for about 2 weeks before it clears up - 2 weeks before he is due for another tablet & another cycle of diarrhea. I know this problem is related to the drug as it does not occur during winter when he is not being treated.

Having read a lot of the reviews it appears there is overwhelming evidence that this product has not been through enough stringent testing.

Do not give your dog !!

Gave our 2 pugs Nexgaurd in the afternoon, by 9 our dogs had Diarreha and vomiting. Today one of Pugs is barely waking and very shakey. Not worth it. Absolutely disgusted my local Pet Market has recommended this.

Horrible!!!!

Gave my dog this medicine after my vet no longer sold his normal flea pill which was comfortis and shortly after he had 5 seizures. Horrible! Will never give again.

The Worst! My dogs are both sick from this!

The day I gave my two dogs a pill for their size, they have not stopped having diarrhea and vomiting. It’s been two and a half weeks, and nothing has changed. My dogs don’t even have fleas! The vet insisted I get this pill. They are losing weight and they aren’t as active anymore. I don’t know what to do at this point.

Luchie Benecio G.

Luchie Benecio G.asked

Please help. By mistake, I've given my pug nexgard after 15 days of giving it to him. Is that okay? Or did I overdose him? I misread the date I wrote on his diary. I'm so worried. :-(

Tim E.
Tim E.

Talk to your vet and keep close eye on him/her

Manda

Mandaasked

My 9lbs dog ate a nexguard for a 25 lbs dog.. will he be ok?

Sheree

Shereeasked

I have the 10 lb dose. Can I give my 4 month old, 4 lb puppy half?

Lucy Dickson
Lucy Dickson

Hi Sheree, I found your question because I've been searching the same thing. I've read on several pages that the NexGard chews can't be split because the active ingredient is not evenly distributed through it. It's a bummer because it would much cheaper for me to buy the XL dose and split it between my two dogs, than two L doses.

Ben W.
Ben W.

I don't see the problem. Each piece wouldn't be made separately, it would come in a premixed sheet and cut to size per weight of dog. They probably don't want people to know you can so people buy more. Big business nowadays.

Diane B.
Diane B.

Hi, Lucy,
Everyone I know who has multiple dogs buys the biggest Nexgard dosage and then divides it among their dogs. My three dogs weigh a total of 38 kg so I buy the 25-50 kg dosage and use fifth-grade math to figure out how to divide it. My dogs are fine. I agree with Ben that it's the company trying to maximize profit by saying you can't do that.

However, after using Nexgard for about two years, I've noticed that two of my dogs are scratching from fleas after 20 days. The third dog I've had for eight months, and he's still fine. So in addition to fleas becoming immune to it, maybe dogs do as well.

Get an answer from our members and Nexgard representatives