NexGard Chewables Red (For Dogs 25 - 50kg)

NexGard Chewables Red (For Dogs 25 - 50kg)

Do not give to your dogs

My Cavalier days after giving him tick and flea nexgard started with severe diarrhea. After a few days took him to the vet ER vital signs were good. Thought perhaps backend was weak from so much diarrhea. He now can hardly walk. I will take him to our own vet ASAP. I sure hope he returns to normal. I am very afraid of all this!
This should be taken off the market!

Purchased in September 2020.

Horrible

Franny is her name. She had no health issues till Nexgard was given. She was very lethargic at beginning for about six days, appetite was fine , then she started bumping into walls and objects in her path, took her to vet and then animal hospital where they found out she couldn’t see out if her right eye. Took her to an eye center where they ran some tests in both eyes, concluding that she had lost vision on her right eye and had limited vision on left one, the test showed the eyes being fine though. Now she’s very depressed, peeing in the house and walking aimlessly all day. Next stop is the neurologist who agreed this medication is a POISON. We’re hoping for the best outcome but her health is declining rapidly

Purchased in November 2019 for A$100.00.

Pet TypeDog

Dog had terrible anxiety and a seizure after NexGard

My 78 pound mixed breed dog had two doses of NexGard without a problem. The third time he had terrible anxiety for over a week and then had a grand mal seizure. Over time he has recovered. My other two dogs had no reaction. One out of three is not acceptable. Beware of this product. I'm still waiting for these chemicals to completely leave his system before my vet and I are sure he's ok.

Heart & Intestinal Wormers

Find out how NexGard Chewables Red (For Dogs 25 - 50kg) compares to other Heart & Intestinal Wormers

Dangerous product

My young Labrador did not want the chew. Had to mix it with treats and force him to eat it. Since then he has lost appetite, and losing hair from constant itching. Have read other reviews and shocked by the potential damage/death caused by Nexguard spectra. Dangerous product.

Purchased in May 2019 for A$120.00.

Not effective for fleas

I have never had a flea problem like this with a topical flea control. I’m being bitten and have found a flea on me. My husband is being bitten and last week the woman who helps me clean was bitten. This product doesn’t work!

Purchased in June 2019 at Vet.

Side EffectsNone

Works great!!!

My 2 year old Boxer was literally infested with eggs, ticks and fleas. They were groups of them on him and he would not allow me to touch him for longs periods of time. Neither frontline nor K9 advantix worked. I decided to try Nexgard. Within 24 hours they had all disappeared but 2 that were stuck in between his paws. The 2 I removed we're dead and we're "dry". Would definitely recommend, I have not seen any negative signs, but always keep an eye on my pets to in case of side effects.

Purchased in July 2019 at Vetshop.com for A$57.00.

Side EffectsNone
Pet TypeDog

Never use caused seizure to my dog stopped nexgard no more seizures

My 10 yr old akita had grand mal seizure from nexgard vet said it didn't cause seizure but now she can't take it anymore because she had seizure i threw 100.00 dollars worth of nexgard in garbage where this drug belongs my dog is seizure free since not using can't believe this drug is still available

Purchased in May 2019 for A$100.00.

Side EffectsShort-term illness
Pet TypeDog

My dog had liver issues after taking this.

on the very first day i gave it the dog stopped eating and then she was not active for days. She never was normal after that and she passed away after few months.

Purchased in January 2019 for A$28.00.

Tony P

Tony PCanberra 2600, ACT

Killed 2 of my dogs - avoid at all cost

I have owned Boxers for a combined 25 years with no neurological issues; until I administered NexGard. 6-months after taking NexGard they started having seizures which led to their passing.

Purchased in April 2018.

Warning; Don’t Trust This Product

Purchased in October 2017.

Pet TypeDog

Dangerous product, do not use

Used Nexgard on my whippet. She had a terrible reaction. Became lethargic, wouldnt eat or drink. Took her to vet.. she had autoimmune. We have had to have her on medication, monitored carefully by the vet and it is SCARY!! Do not use this product.
Research on line,, you will find many people who have similar stories about horrible reactions in their dogs.

Purchased in September 2018 for A$25.00.

Total Poison

Used this product for about 7 months. It was great at killing fleas and ticks. Unfortunately it also killed my dog. What they don’t tell you is that the neurological chemicals that kill the fleas and ticks builds up in the dogs body resulting in a terrible neurological death for your pet. I gave it 1 star because 0 was not an option.

Purchased in September 2018 for A$134.00.

No problems

I have 5 huskies I order out of the UK I have not had any problems with Nexgard since they been on it

farmgirl

farmgirlSydney, NSW

I guess it works but i am worried

Emma

EmmaBrisbane

I have stopped giving this to my dog!

I haven't had a dog for a while and was told by the local pet shop that Nexgard was a good product. I noticed every time after I gave it to my dog she would vomit and scratch her skin and ears for days. I decided to do some research as I had a gut feeling that it was the Nexgard. After researching Nexgard on the internet I found hundreds of people in the same boat with their dogs having reactions to the product. I have stopped using the product.

Doesn't Work - My Dog Still Got a Tick Born Disease

My dog has been on this flea and tick treatment since a puppy (October 2018) and was recommended by my vet at his first puppy visit. I assumed it was doing the trick as I did not see fleas or ticks on him so I continued to use it for the last year and have NEVER MISSED A DOSE (NOT EVEN BY A DAY). My dog just had is one-year exam at the vets and after getting his bloodwork back they determined that he has Anaplasmosis (a tickborne disease). I spent hundreds of dollars buying this preventative only for it to not work. Not worth the money in my opinion as I still spent hundreds of dollars treating the Anaplasmosis.

Terry F

Terry FCairns

My Rottweiller survived a paralysis tick as I found it early the vets treated her with a strong does

Kidney Failure after 3 months of treatment, no health concerns prior. She started vomiting and then became lethargic and not eat

Doesn’t work! Waste of money

This is expensive crap that doesn’t work. Both my dogs have ticks on them every time they go out! Looking for a natural antidote now! Don’t waste your time on this poisonous crap.

BChildress

BChildressHamptonville

Can't live without it

My dog is very allergic to fleas. 1st day on this medicine and the fleas are gone. It is amazing!!! Can't say enough good things about it.

Anna

Anna

Nearly killed my dog

Caused seizures, cost a fortune and months to get him right, also caused his coat to develop grey patches which disappeared once we detoxed him, caused weight loss and sickness.