NexGard Chewables Red (For Dogs 25 - 50kg)

NexGard Chewables Red (For Dogs 25 - 50kg)

See the Best Heart & Intestinal Wormers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Not effective for fleas

I have never had a flea problem like this with a topical flea control. I’m being bitten and have found a flea on me. My husband is being bitten and last week the woman who helps me clean was bitten. This product doesn’t work!

Purchased in June 2019 at Vet.

Side Effects None

Works great!!!

My 2 year old Boxer was literally infested with eggs, ticks and fleas. They were groups of them on him and he would not allow me to touch him for longs periods of time. Neither frontline nor K9 advantix worked. I decided to try Nexgard. Within 24 hours they had all disappeared but 2 that were stuck in between his paws. The 2 I removed we're dead and we're "dry". Would definitely recommend, I have not seen any negative signs, but always keep an eye on my pets to in case of side effects.

Purchased in July 2019 at Vetshop.com for $57.00.

Side Effects None
Pet TypeDog

Never use caused seizure to my dog stopped nexgard no more seizures

My 10 yr old akita had grand mal seizure from nexgard vet said it didn't cause seizure but now she can't take it anymore because she had seizure i threw 100.00 dollars worth of nexgard in garbage where this drug belongs my dog is seizure free since not using can't believe this drug is still available

Purchased in May 2019 for $100.00.

Side Effects Short-term illness
Pet TypeDog

My dog had liver issues after taking this.

on the very first day i gave it the dog stopped eating and then she was not active for days. She never was normal after that and she passed away after few months.

Purchased in January 2019 for $28.00.

Tony P

Tony PCanberra 2600, ACT

Killed 2 of my dogs - avoid at all cost

I have owned Boxers for a combined 25 years with no neurological issues; until I administered NexGard. 6-months after taking NexGard they started having seizures which led to their passing.

Purchased in April 2018.

Warning; Don’t Trust This Product

Purchased in October 2017.

Side Effects Long-term illness
Pet TypeDog

Dangerous product, do not use

Used Nexgard on my whippet. She had a terrible reaction. Became lethargic, wouldnt eat or drink. Took her to vet.. she had autoimmune. We have had to have her on medication, monitored carefully by the vet and it is SCARY!! Do not use this product.
Research on line,, you will find many people who have similar stories about horrible reactions in their dogs.

Purchased in September 2018 for $25.00.

Side Effects Long-term illness

Total Poison

Used this product for about 7 months. It was great at killing fleas and ticks. Unfortunately it also killed my dog. What they don’t tell you is that the neurological chemicals that kill the fleas and ticks builds up in the dogs body resulting in a terrible neurological death for your pet. I gave it 1 star because 0 was not an option.

Purchased in September 2018 for $134.00.

No problems

I have 5 huskies I order out of the UK I have not had any problems with Nexgard since they been on it

farmgirl

farmgirlAU

I guess it works but i am worried

Emma

EmmaBrisbane

I have stopped giving this to my dog!

I haven't had a dog for a while and was told by the local pet shop that Nexgard was a good product. I noticed every time after I gave it to my dog she would vomit and scratch her skin and ears for days. I decided to do some research as I had a gut feeling that it was the Nexgard. After researching Nexgard on the internet I found hundreds of people in the same boat with their dogs having reactions to the product. I have stopped using the product.

Doesn't Work - My Dog Still Got a Tick Born Disease

My dog has been on this flea and tick treatment since a puppy (October 2018) and was recommended by my vet at his first puppy visit. I assumed it was doing the trick as I did not see fleas or ticks on him so I continued to use it for the last year and have NEVER MISSED A DOSE (NOT EVEN BY A DAY). My dog just had is one-year exam at the vets and after getting his bloodwork back they determined that he has Anaplasmosis (a tickborne disease). I spent hundreds of dollars buying this preventative only for it to not work. Not worth the money in my opinion as I still spent hundreds of dollars treating the Anaplasmosis.

Terry F

Terry FCairns

My Rottweiller survived a paralysis tick as I found it early the vets treated her with a strong does

Kidney Failure after 3 months of treatment, no health concerns prior. She started vomiting and then became lethargic and not eat

Doesn’t work! Waste of money

This is expensive crap that doesn’t work. Both my dogs have ticks on them every time they go out! Looking for a natural antidote now! Don’t waste your time on this poisonous crap.

BChildress

BChildressHamptonville

Can't live without it

My dog is very allergic to fleas. 1st day on this medicine and the fleas are gone. It is amazing!!! Can't say enough good things about it.

Anna

Anna

Nearly killed my dog

Caused seizures, cost a fortune and months to get him right, also caused his coat to develop grey patches which disappeared once we detoxed him, caused weight loss and sickness.

Not working, my dog got lyme disease

Hi!

My dog (a husky)was using nextgard she got bitten by a tick and got lyme disease. I spent $1000 dollars in blood works antibiotic and she may have to deal with the lyme for the rest of her life. She is just 6 and she was limping because of lyme.
When I call them to ask for the guarantee they offer me to replace the 6 pills or give me the money I spent for the pills. They know this product doesn't work, they said over the phone that a dog can get infections from the ticks in the 48 hours that it takes for the quimic product to kill the tick.
Do not waste your money, buy any other product.

Pam

PamSenoia

Oral Pesticides are Poison

Our beautiful 7 1/2 year old boxer, Sophie, had to be euthanized yesterday after suffering from a series of grand mal seizures as a direct result of Nexgard. It was a prolonged, catastrophic neurological event that went on throughout the day and night (even with a continuous IV of anti-seizure medicines). She was blind, lame and barely responsive at the end (20 hours later). She weighed 60 pounds and took the NexGard dose for dogs 60 - 125 pounds approximately 45 minutes before the seizures began. I will never forgive myself for giving her a toxic oral pesticide and not doing my due diligence.

helen

helenmelbourne

Go to flea and tick treatment

We moved to Nexgard after having issues with another brand. I had read reviews and was hesitant to try it on our Greyhound and our Lab/retriever but as we needed a tick treatment as well as a flea treatment I decided to try the monthly chews. We have been very happy with this product and they dogs have not suffered any bad reactions.

Don't chance it

Our dog went from healthy, active and happy, to dead this summer. The start of symptoms corresponded with giving the NexGard this spring. There's no way to know for sure but if I could turn back time, especially after reading the review on this site, I would never have given this medication. Our wonderful family member's death may have been prevented if I had not given this medicine. I will never chance it again.

Pat Donaldson

Pat Donaldsonasked

Can the 60 lbs tablet harm a 48 lb dog

Tim E.
Tim E.

Stick to the correct dosage, it can make your dog sick if you give it a higher dose than it is supposed to have

Bill

Billasked

Our Standard Poodle doesn't like the NexGard chewable. He loves his HeartGard chewable. He will even sort it out of soft food after I break it into smaller pieces. Is there another flavor available? Any other ideas?

Jkl

Jklasked

Can a overdose of nex gard cause paralysis of back legs and constipation.? It's been 10 days and he is barely walking and not going to the bathroom. Please help me. I only blame myself for giving him too much. Heartbreaking and hate myself.

C. B.
C. B.

I am no veterinarian or expert, but I have read dogs having similar symptoms from Nexgard. All flea treatments have chemicals in them that are potentially harmful to your animal. I opt for natural solutions, although not as effective and more work to maintain a flea free environment my dogs are not eating what I refer to as poison. I'm sorry to hear this has happened to your dog. Please see your veterinarian.

Eric.
Eric.

Irrespective of your statement about having given your dog "too much"??? These symptoms can also occur if your dog's been bitten by a mildly venomous snake such as a brown grass/tree snake or some of the whip snakes. It's quite common for such an attack not to show up in scans or x rays. One sign you will notice is if your dog frowns a lot as they get bad headaches from snake bite.

Get an answer from our members and Nexgard representatives

CategoryHeart & Intestinal Wormers, Pet Medications and Tick & Flea Control