212 questions from our users

Patty

Pattyasked

NexGard Chewables

My dog is a poodle 15yrs old she is 35pounds is this pill is safe for her?

Christmas

Christmasasked

NexGard Chewables

My large dog u expectedly dropped his chew and my pup grabbed it. Will she be ok?

Mary
Mary

Take your dog to the vet. My dog died two days ago and the only thing that was different in her routine was this product. I am so upset.

Bec W

Bec Wasked

NexGard Chewables

Hi, I've given Nexgard Spectrum to my 2 rotties about a week ago & they have not stopped scratching behind the ears. They didn't have fleas before giving them the tables (they never have) and I'm a bit concerned as the itching is really bothering both of them. Is this a side effect of using Nexgard & will it go away? Thanks Bec

Lynda M.

Lynda M.asked

Chewables Red (For Dogs 25 - 50kg)

What do if I realise I've missed giving my dog it, by 13 days?

Shawn A.

Shawn A.asked

NexGard Chewables

How much can i split for a 83 pound dog with the 80 pound nexgard. Can i guve 1 1/2 or do i give both?

Summer A.

Summer A.asked

NexGard Chewables

My toy Aussie just had his first chewable fles prevention nexgard pill. He is running around like the fleas are killing him. Should I bathe him??

Kerry K.

Kerry K.asked

NexGard Chewables

My puppies are nine weeks old and I split 130 pound Tablet in quarters and then in half and gave them each half of the quarter of the tablet will they be OK? Because I wasn’t sure I gave them each a charcoal capsules

Ziggy

Ziggyasked

NexGard Chewables

Hi - I have a growing puppy (half Pomeranian/half Chauhan) who weighs approximately 1.3 kilos
I have been advised by the vet to not give him even half a tablet until he weighs two kilos......but I do NOT understand why I just can't give him half a tablet monthly....?????
I am worried about fleas/ticks/worms and have purchased Nexguard Spectra for small dogs starting at two kilos in preparation for his protection
What are your thoughts/suggestions ?
Belinda
FERNY HILLS Q 4055

Michelle M.

Michelle M.asked

Chewables Green (For Dogs 10.1 - 24kg)

My dog recently gain weight and is 29kg, can I still give the green till run out.

Hammiesmom
Hammiesmom

I wouldn’t give him this medicine at all!!! My dog became extremely ill on this poison. The first couple times was severe vomiting and diarrhea and the third time was pacing, agitation, itching, muscle trembling etc. Once i put two and two together that he was getting sick after he ate a Nexgard i threw that crap away and rushed him to the vets once again. My Lhasa was one of the lucky
dogs that didn’t die from this but he certainly came close. I contacted the manufacturer to file a complaint so the FDA would have yet another case of a dogs deathly adverse reaction. Please use a natural repellent. If you wouldn’t eat this medicine don’t feed it to your dog.

Claudia R.asked

NexGard Chewables

It's been 1 week since I treated my two dogs.I took them for a bath and one had fleas. Can I give them their next month's dose?
they both get the same amount of dosage.

Pablo Giraldo
Pablo Giraldo

Wouldn’t advise it. Be careful with side effects. Read the labels. Use natural stuff please if you love your dogs

Claudia R.

There Is No doubt that I love my babies!

Jacob Y.

Jacob Y.asked

NexGard Chewables

Our dog was at 64 lbs and we have been giving him the 60 lb. dosage but now he's dropped weight (thru exercise) to 55 lbs.; should we return our Rx and get the 24 lb - 60 lb.?

Heidi H.

Heidi H.asked

NexGard Chewables

if my dog is slightly over the weight of the tablet will it still work?

Britt

Brittasked

NexGard Chewables

My mom gave her lab a chew and she spit it out unexpectedly and the little ten pound puppy got ahold of it and swallowed the whole thing ? Is he gonna be okay?

Brenda R.

Induce vomiting right away with peroxide. Look it up and give active charcoal tablets to try and soak up what is left in the stomach and then pray for the next three days.!

Courtney M

Courtney Masked

NexGard Chewables

I gave my 6.8 lb Chihuahua a chewable yesterday. Today he's squinting his eyes and they're blood shot. He's sleeping alot. Could this be a reaction to the flea meds?

Joe Garza

Joe Garzaasked

NexGard Chewables

I gave my three Chihuahuas NexGard 24 to 60 lb tablet but cut into fourths is that fine? one of them weighs a little more I gave her a half the other two gave them a 1/4 will they be fine

Jossie

Jossieasked

NexGard Chewables

I have two 3 years old malti-poodle. I gave nexguard both at the same time like a treat but the first dog spit it out and the second dog took it. Will he be ok?

Brenda R.

Give peroxide 3% if you have it to induce vomiting. If it’s to late or you have it give charcoal to absorb the toxin. This can be life threatening. Please do what you can to remove the toxin

Joi P.

Joi P.asked

NexGard Chewables

What happen if I give my dog too much dosage of nexgard that doesn't comparable to their weight?

Brenda R.

The most frequent ADRs to be expected are
Vomiting (~4%)
Dry skin (~3%)
Diarrhea (~3%)
Lethargy (~1.5%)
Eating disorders (anorexia) (~1.2%)

In September 2018 the FDA of the USA has alerted pet owners and veterinarians about potential neurological adverse events following the use of products containing isoxazolines. Some treated animals have experienced adverse events such as muscle tremors, ataxia (lack of voluntary coordination of muscle movements), and seizures. This regards all products containing isoxazolines. Most treated animals will not show such adverse drug reactions, but some may be affected.
Antidote and Treatment of Afoxolaner Intoxication

There is no antidote for afoxolaner poisoning.
Treatment consists in preventing further exposure together with supportive and symptomatic measures.
After accidental ingestion stomach lavage as well as administration of active charcoal administration and laxatives may be advisable.

holly

hollyasked

My dog got ahold of the nexgard chewalbes packages.....and ate at least 3 of
them.......Is this dangerous for her

Brenda R.

Yes extremely dangerous. Nexgard is a neurotoxin, meaning its is poison and the worst part is there is no way to remove the poison. If you can induce vomiting with peroxide quickly it would be the best thing you can do for your dog. Otherwise the side effects from brain poisoning your dog will suffer could potentially harm and or eventually kill your dog. Please research Nexgard and side effects. My dog has been having cluster seizures from a single dose.

Susanne F.
Susanne F.

gave my dog a nexgard for 3.5 kg dogs but he already weighs 5 kg. Should I give him another one or wait till the next one is due?

Almarie I.

Almarie I.asked

NexGard Chewables

Today our smaller dog bout 5 maybe 6 kg dog grabbed the bigger dog's chewable (next guard) that's the 25-50kg . Is there any advice? Has this happened to anyone else before? Its been 4 hours and he still seem himself. What's should I prepare for??

Brenda R.

Get milk thistle for his liver and read up on detoxing youre dog. You cannot remove the poison but you can support his body as he struggles to to deal with the poison. There are a whole hose of things to watch for including neurological disorders like seizures. I suggest you read up on Nexgard side effects and seizures.

Misty S.
Misty S.

Almarie, what ended up happening? My little dog got my big dogs chew.

Esty

Estyasked

NexGard Chewables

I have two dogs one in 2.3.5 kg range and one 3.6 to 7.5 kg range. This morning the smaller dog accidentally managed to eat both chews. Is she at risk? Do I have to get her to a vet?

Brenda R.

Omg watch her for any adverse reaction. Look up side effects on google. There is nothing your vet can do other than treat the side effects. If you can get Milk Thistle give a few drops in her water bowl it will help support her liver. You can also give some activated charcoal for any stomach upsets. I really hope your dog is ok!! Mine has been having seizures after his very first single dose! Dont give them this poison!!!

Get an answer from our members and Nexgard representatives