184 questions from our users

Pat Donaldson

Pat Donaldsonasked

Chewables Red (For Dogs 25 - 50kg)

Can the 60 lbs tablet harm a 48 lb dog

Tim E.

Stick to the correct dosage, it can make your dog sick if you give it a higher dose than it is supposed to have

Luchie Benecio G.

Luchie Benecio G.asked

Chewables Green (For Dogs 10.1 - 24kg)

Please help. By mistake, I've given my pug nexgard after 15 days of giving it to him. Is that okay? Or did I overdose him? I misread the date I wrote on his diary. I'm so worried. :-(

Tim E.

Talk to your vet and keep close eye on him/her

Mels

Melsasked

NexGard Chewables

I cant remember whether I gave my dog his Nexgard chewable last week when he was supposed to have it. He is going into a kennel for a few days and now I dont know whether to give him another dose in case it makes him sick. Please advise

Amy

Amyasked

NexGard Chewables

My dog ate it whole instead of chewing it
Will it still work?

Tim E.

Yes no problem with that they only make it chewable to make it easier for people to dose

Richard Gardner

Richard Gardnerasked

Chewables Blue (For Dogs 4.1 - 10kg)

My boy pug is 31 pounds. Can i give him 2 (4-10kg) nexgard?

Heb

Hebasked

NexGard Chewables

Is it ok if my dog got 2 nexguards or will she die? Shes a jackrussell.

Miss R.

Miss R.asked

NexGard Chewables

I honestly cannot remember if I gave my Pomeranian her Nexguard Spectre tablet. I think I did but the months and routines run into each other. I will definitely record it from now on. We live in a rural area with ticks so I am worried. The vet wasn't much help, 5 days either side of the usual dosage time. I am worried about over dosing?

Margaret S.

Margaret S.asked

NexGard Chewables

my dog weighs 34 pounds. Should I give him all of the24 to 60 pounds?

coop

coopasked

NexGard Chewables

My dog is only 1.5kg over the dosage and the next one up is for up to 50kg. Thats almost twice the dose. What should i select? 25 to 50kg seemslike a huge difference?

Melissa H.
Melissa H.

Go with a different product. Please read through the reviews....so many negative experiences, some leading to death.

Peter

If you want to continue with NexGard, the lesser dose is the better option. Also consider Melissa's comment. You should confirm with your vet.

Kathy

Kathyasked

NexGard Chewables

My dog is about 70 lb and I got the nexgard for 25 to 50 lb. So can I give him a chew and a half

Peter

Personally, I'd stick with giving him one chew.
The best thing you can do is ask your vet.

SifuIlona

SifuIlonaasked

NexGard Chewables

I accidentally gave my 75 lb Labrador two doses of Nexgard instead of one. What should I do?

Peter

Definitely go to your vet asap.

Bernadette O.

Bernadette O.asked

NexGard Chewables

Is it safe to give nexgard a week early?

Peter

In my opinion, it would be better to give it a week late. The product will have your pet covered for the additional time.
If you have any doubts, it is best to talk to your vet.

Barb HS

Barb HSasked

NexGard Chewables

Will it have any adverse effects to give my dog nexgard 12 days late?

Peter

No, that should be fine. You just make this the new day of the month for when you give your dog the NexGard.

Jaylan

Jaylanasked

NexGard Chewables

My 30 pound dog at my 60 pound dog NexGard will it hurt them?She ate it by accident she eats everything

Peter

Keep a close eye on her, it may make her sick.
The best course of action is to take her to the vet.

Jan M.

Jan M.asked

NexGard Chewables

my 7 month old pup just ate half of a 10/25 kg tablet (spat out by my other dog ) as well as the 7/15 kg tablet what should I do

Hello Jan,
Take him to the vet without delay. The vet will have the best treatment for that.

L L G.

L L G.asked

NexGard Chewables

My 4 month old puppy is having balance problems and head tremors after receiving Nexgard. Will he recover? Is there anything I can do as a treatment?

Peter

The best treatment is to stop Nexgard immediately.
Take him to your vet for the best treatment options.
Your puppy should be fine against worms and so forth where his interaction with other animals, that is dogs, cats, birds, etc, that are not a part of your family, is limited.
The worm and flea treatments are a preventative against other animals who can pass them onto your puppy.
Depending on where you live also has a bearing on how likely he may pick up worms or fleas.
Do take him to your vet for the best treatment options.

Shirley G.

Shirley G.asked

Chewables Blue (For Dogs 4.1 - 10kg)

My chihuahua is on the Nexgard dose for up to 10 lbs. I recently weighed her and she is 12 lbs. Will the Nexgard dose she is on still prevent fleas?

Peter

It would be best to check with your vet.

Lenora Lasked

NexGard Chewables

Does nexgaurd kill love ticks?

Lenora L

Does nexgaurd kill Lyme ticks?

Peter

I cannot say for certain, there may be a variety that does, you would need to ask your vet.

Sissy McClanahand

Sissy McClanahandasked

NexGard Chewables

My dog ate one and half dose of nexgard yesterday. Today she is throwing up. What should I do?

elmer fudd
elmer fudd

take her to the vet obviously

Peter

No more NexGard. Take her to the vet, there may be something they can do to calm down the reaction.
I am not aware of anything you could do at home for her.

Hello Sissy,
How is your dog?

Karen S.

Karen S.asked

NexGard Chewables

I have 2 dogs that take heartgard chewables 10 days apart. Can I give it 10 days early to get both dogs on the same day each month without hurting him?

Peter

The way I would do it is to skip a dose for one dog to sync them.

Scout
Scout

I agree with Peter if you give the Nexgard. My dog got really sick a few hours after I gave Nexgard. She became so sick and passed away the next day. I feel that it affected her neurologically causing her to stagger, and vomit until she passed the next day. One of the questions the Vet asked was if I gave her a dose earlier than a month. I did not. Nexgard isn’t the safest drug, I feel. It also caused my other dog to itch continuously for a month.

Get an answer from our members and Nexgard representatives