Nexgard Spectra Very Large (30.1-60kg)

See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Nexgard? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.4

Gave to my 9 month old lab - Big Mistake

Vet provided us three options not explaining the possible side effects. Thought the heart worm and tick combo would be best option. Our dog had diarrhea after two days which lasted for about a week overnight. Thought it was his food so changed it. Gave this medication on first of next month two days later same reaction. Our dog was salivating, hyper but the diarrhea at night time was out of control.

Do not use this product.

Purchased in May 2021.

Terrible product, never use it again

I have a German Shepherd, after taking this product he had diarrhea, loss of appetite and loss of energy, luckily he is still alive, I will never use it again.

DeVilAus
DeVilAusSouth East Queensland, QLD

Product does exactly what it says and works perfectly fine. Godsend for protection against fleas and ticks.

Purchased in September 2020 at My Pet Warehouse Online store for $103.49.

Nexgard spectra killed my dog and made my others extremely ill

Purchased in September 2020 at PetStock Online store.

Side Effects Death
Pet Type Dog
Tick & Flea Control Products

Find out how Nexgard Spectra Very Large (30.1-60kg) compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

Narelle
NarellePerth, WA

This product is toxic & should be not be on the shelves.

Our 2 year old Labrador has had 2 seizures since being given this product. He is now on medication for Epilepsy. He has also become more anxious since his seizures and has to have blood tests to make sure medication isn't harming his vital organs. Will be using natural remedies from now on.

Purchased in December 2019 for $120.00.

Side Effects Long-term illness
Pet Type Dog
Amanda
Amanda

Best preventative for paralysis tick

This product is great for protecting dogs from paralysis tick in the tropics. I have used it on dogs of all sizes, ranging from 8 week old puppies to a 30kg German short haired pointer. I have used it on chihuahuas, basenjis, German shepherds, huskies, mareemas, border collies and more. I ensure that the first dose I give a new dog is smaller (one size class down) and if it is tolerated well I give the correct dose moving forward. The worst symptom that I have witnessed is diarrhea but I am sure to check if the dog has heart worm before I give it due to the risks. Some dogs do not like the smell and taste so it has to be hidden in cheese.

Purchased in January 2018 at Budget Pet Products for $110.00.

Suspicious that it causes sickness

I've been using this for my old labrador. Twice now she's lost appetite been very lethargic and had bad diareha. I'm taking her off this product
Vets report similar cases but it's not conclusive. Suggest that owners keep an eye on their pets post dosing.

Bitten
BittenPerth

Nexgard Spectra is Poisonous

I do not understand why this poison is still on the market. Only after reading the many reviews on this poison (most of them bad) that I realised why my dog was going through a monthly phase of vomiting, appetite loss, diarrhea and lethargy. I know now she was suffering after giving her a dose of Nexgard and why she was scratching a lot, could not sleep and woke me up several times at night to vomit and defecate. Negative results of Nexgard outweigh the positive ones. This poisonous product should be taken off the market immediately before causing any more damage, pain and suffering to our pets. Are the manufacturers of this product waiting for a large number of pets to die first before they take this poison off the market?

Awesome product and amazing results!

My dog was consuming another brand of flea and tick oral treatment and still was extremely itchy and suffered with FAD (flea allergy dermatitis). I did my own research and discovered Nexgard Spectra, after consuming my dog had no problems with FAD nor was he extremely itchy! I love this product and highly recommend it! It’s extremely convient due to that fact intestinal & heart working are covered within one chew. LOVE IT!!!

Tick & Flea Control Products

Brian
BrianNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Waist of money

Product does not protect agains fleas and does not kill fleas, my dog had no fleas 3weeks ago, i gave the product as a heart worm treatment with flea treatment 3 weeks ago after a vet checkup which showed no fleas, 3 days ago my house is infested with fleas and today i saw a flea on him. Rang the customer hot line and got a very polite Indian lady explaining a text book answer!!! Useless, now im worried that it doesn't work against heart worm, how will i know? When my dog dies?