Nikon 1 AW1

Nikon 1 AW1

Great Service from Nikon

I own a Nikon 1 AW1 waterproof camera which I have had for 18 months and have used regularly in the water when on snorkelling holidays without incident. Recently it failed and I was devastated to find out from the repairer that it couldn't be repaired. I love this camera, it takes fantastic pictures both in and out of the water so I took it up with Nikon.
To their credit, Nikon were very sympathetic to my plight as I also had a couple of extra lens as well other accessories which would have been rendered useless without the camera, so they agreed as a matter of good will to replace the camera even though it is out of warranty. So full marks to Nikon for putting their customers, at least this customer, first.
I only gave the four stars due to my original camera failing so soon otherwise it would have been five out of five!

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Worse camera i ever bought

first the battery last only a few months
i had to buy a new one for $50
then each i time i used the camera under water (its water proof to 20 meter) t
he lens and screen become very foggy
could see much
then the water made bubble inside the screen and finally the camera stop working
i cannot turn it on anymore
i used that camera maybe 20 times and only around 5 time under water
called Nikon ,its out of warranty
it must be send back to Sydney (in from GC QLD) to see if they can fix it and if the leak is covered by manufacturer warranty
the quality of picture wansnt great either

now i have $1000 camera out of order !!!

stay away from that Camera

i read more review online and found many customer had same problem and NIkkon didint look aftr them very well

hopefully they do better with me

i will up date

September 13th 2017 Update: Nikon after sale service

After many call and emails with Nikon and DIgicam
Nikon accepted to refund the cost of the camera in Full
even if the camera was out of warranty.
This is a very good outcome.
So my next camera will be a NIKON to support the NIKON brand that look after their customer.

Date PurchasedDec 2015