NRMA Landlord & Rental Property Insurance

NRMA Landlord & Rental Property Insurance

Chris H.South East Queensland, QLD

your just not covered for that

NRMA has denied my claim on my landlords cover after the renters let their supposed to be "outside only" dog into the property and it has been urinating against the back sliding door

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMay 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Chris H.

if you rent out a good quality house then dont use NRMA if there is going to be a pet they just do not care if the renter breaks the contract

Chris H.

sorry i do not face book and i have not had any joy with the review so i will take my premiums($4862 this year)to another insurer

Landlord insurance a waste of money

Delays and confusion during assessment process. Claim for carpets ruined by tenant has been denied as NRMA say it is ‘tenant neglect’ and not malicious or deliberate damage. Poor communication between NRMA and their outsourced assessor. Property was left untenantable so also dealing with loss of rental. On speaking to other insurers this damage would have been covered under a landlord insurance policy. Needless to say I will be changing insurer

Claim DateJune 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Absolutely Poor claim handling service !

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateApril 2019
Nathalie

NathalieSydney

Nrma Landlord Insurance- A Nightmare Of Lies And Deceit!

happy

happy

Doesn't cover accidental damage

Policy Documents

On 14th May took out new landlords insurance on Investment property in Muswellbrook NSW
Have now tried THREE times over the phone to get the policy documents for this new policy (I Have a total of 5 policies and have been with NRMA for 18 years) mailed to my residential address in Springwood Qld.
This seems to be too hard - still have not received policy documents. Paid premium of $1201.30 which has gone out of my bank account but no policy documents.
Please tell me what you want from me to get the policy document mailed to me.
Have been with NRMA a long time - do I have to go elsewhere to get service? Not asking for much

Insurance claim madeNo
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hey Carlos, so sorry to hear you have not received your documents via post. Could you please email us with your policy number and full name to social@iag.com.au and we can help you with this. Thanks. ~Kaz

Rude and terrible insurance provider

They would not pay for talent damages, if you hold strata insurance don't ever consider NRMA policies as their contents policy only cover curtains and carpets if there's any other damages that's caused by your talents in the property even if they stuff rubbish down then drain you're not covered, also each time you call through they will yell you a different story some will say we will cover it and then you call again they will then tell you they won't cover.

People there don't really know what they're doing at all each time you call they tell you a different story about your claim, terrible company.

MargaretSydney

Loss of rent not payable during repairs period

NRMA will not pay us the loss of rent during the period that we need to repair the water damage in the bathroom.We currently don't have any tenants in the house at the moment as the house is inhabitable. NRMA said that the PDS states that if we had tenants in there, that they would have paid the for the loss of rent, how on earth are we going to keep the tenants in there with the bad smell from the water damaged bathroom. NRMA's premiums are the most expensive out there, thinking by going with them they would have helped us, that's a load of crock!
Very very disapointed.

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Margaret, sorry to hear you are unhappy with your recent claims experience and that this event is not covered under your policy. Hopefully your repairs will be completed quickly so you can bring in tenants ASAP. We wish you all the best. ~Kaz

Margaret

Anyone thinking of going with NRMA, please think again as what is on their Landlord PDS is very misleading to the landlord which is paying a very high premium to stay with a so-called reputable company.

Dale

DalePerth

Landlord cover as written in PDS

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Not suitable for strata unit properties

Would not pay out on loss of rent after unit was flooded by a faulty hydrant. Said need building insurance but why would you have building insurance when you are already paying for building insurance through body corporate. Expensive premium too.

Len
Len

My reference # is NRQ171869492 and in the last instance I spoke with Natalie

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Thanks Len, we have escalated your complaint, someone will be in touch. ~Kaz

lexieCowra

What is the point - WARNING - Never Go With Nrma Landlord Insurance!!!

lexie

I have tried to PM you Kaz with my details but it isn't working ????

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Lexie, I am sorry the PM isn't working, can you email the details to me at social@iag.com.au Thanks! ~Kaz

Landlord insurance

Andre'

Andre'Caloundra

What the

Tenants left leaving holes in wall, carpets ruined broken locks and behind in rent.
Building inspector viewed said should be fine to have repairs done, obviously NRMA not so keen so sent out own assessor who said we could not prove damages were caused by a malicious act (yeah right) paid not a cent, no longer with this company

Terrible

We hold two landlord policy's with nrma for years never claimed but tenants decided to allow two large dogs to live inside resulting in our two year old carpet and underlay to be replaced through out the house and out hardwood brush box timber floor to be re sanded and polished, nrma said sorry nothing they could do leaving us wondering what our policy actually covered. Closed all policy's with nrma please beware landlords

Too many loopholes, no protection for landlords

GingerBreadMan217

GingerBreadMan217AU

Bad

Staff were ignorant of details of the policy, sales have no idea about claims.

Took months to return my calls, at times didn't return my calls.

Charged me double the amount of excess that was on my certificate of insurance.

Terrible experience trying to get the neccesary money to repair our property, I will certainly never go with NRMA again for any insurance.

Currently dealing with the ombudsman to try and get justice.

rw2830

rw2830

Good

I was with Allianz for many many years. Only reason that I changed provider is due to price. Got a cheaper price with another provider and Allianz couldn't match it which was a bit of a dissapointment considering that I have been a loyal customer for many years. The website is user friendly and when you do call the 1800/1300 number you aren't put on hold for ever like other providers. Suggest that you may as well give them a go.
Easy to get quotes on the website and easy to join up. Price is fairly competitive with other providers
didn't really come across any

sarahwwww

sarahwwww

OK

Error got fixed up but I did lose my trust in NRMA. But other than that I find the policy quite easy to follow, have not had to claim as yet so not sure how good they are at that.
Easy to get set up, over the phone or at the branch. Got a discount due to loyalty. Monthly payments are accepted.
NRMA made a ridiculous error on my policy which caused an address error and ultimataely cancellation of a policy which was not picked up for 6 months until I found this out myself and got rectified. Lady at the Eastgardend branch did correct and reset up the policy.

jennytucker

jennytuckerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible

Bought Landlords policy 12 months ago. Renewal has increased substantly even though no claims. Found a compatative policy with Allianz $200 cheaper.
National, well marketed company.
Despite always touting value for money, the premium of my policy has risen considerably. When querying the rise, they do not budge or negotiate.