Oates Soft Grip Window Squeegee B-40030

3.5

Earl Hofert

Earl HofertAdelaide

I hate this thing

The squeegee blade is made of a rubber that is too thick and hard. The blade doesn't make good contact with the glass and is slightly warped, forcing me to press firmly on the glass to get the rubber blade to make contact. In doing so the whole squeegee broke in half at the weakest point, halfway up the handle. The head part flew off and fell to the floor while the now broken and jagged handle got pressed into the glass, which tore & damaged the UV film on my window. I remember when squeegees had a rubber blade just like the kind used on a car windscreen wiper but now they all seem to be this thicker, harder plasticky rubber.

kiwi842

kiwi842Central Queensland, QLD

Chunky

Bring back the old style with its slim line handle. The clip-on hanger on the old style wasn't successful, however the latest Squeegee which I purchased, dose not hang very well on the existing screw in hook (into tiles) but with a small cable tie does the job, the is uncomfortable on the hand. The handle seems to be made for a mans hand

Purchased in November 2019 at Coles for $3.60.

mxmar0

mxmar0Queensland, 4163

Window & Glass Cleaners

Find out how Oates Soft Grip Window Squeegee B-40030 compares to other Window & Glass Cleaners

chickpeas

chickpeas

This is a nice small, good quality squeegie that lasts well. I have one in each shower to use to get the soap scum off and it really works well. I also have one that I do the windows with. I have found other squeegies are often big, bulky and awkward to use when doing a lot of windows. The price is good as well, but it has lasted longer than I would have expected for the price.
    it's lightweight and small, with a good quality rubber strip. The handle is small and comfortable to hold. Price is very reasonable.
    Nothing that I can think of.