3Olimpia Splendid AirPro

3.8

Dimitri M.
Dimitri M.South East Queensland, QLD

Unreliable machine

I had to return my 4.7kw model after approx. 22 months (it has 3 year warranty). I upgraded at time of exchange to a 5.2kw model. Within one day the fan became partially inoperative (power level 1 & 2 don't respond) Luckily power level 3 still works. The Good Guys Robina will not send courier out to me to replace.
When it works the unit is powerful enough to cool my large single room even when external temp reaches 32c. I often leave it running for 12 hours at a time and turn off only overnight. Show details
Sid
SidSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts
Trudi L.
Trudi L.South East Queensland, QLD
  18 C5.3kW

It is hotter inside than out. It never drains water like a normal AC unless it's on the heat setting.,

It's very noisy, you have to stand in front of the machine to feel the cold. It never drains. Then it comes up F1 so I have to lean the machine over for the drain to release water.
I bought the large one to do the whole loungeroom. It's actually hotter inside than out.
Very disappointing and I'm boiling as it's summer so I'm agitated in the house as it's a rental otherwise I'd pay to put one in properly. I had it on the floor I've now lifted it up to level of the window so it may help to drain but still nothing coming out.
So I feel like I'm paying electricity to cool a place that isn't functioning properly. The only way I've discovered it will drain the water is if I lift the front of the unit up. What a ridiculous system. Show details
Mon
Mon2 posts
  14 P Wi-Fi

Energy efficient & powerful!

For a 3.5KW portable air con, this does a great job keeping our 40sqm apartment cool! Great quality, powerful airflow and app is super easy to use. Show details ·  1
Disappointed
Disappointed6 posts

Great when it obeys

It cools the whole house when it follows my input. The problem is it doesn't. I'll set the temp and the mode and the other functions. Next thing I know it's doing all sorts. It's changing temperature. It's changing mode. It's turning off. I suspect someone in another house has some tech that is on the same radio frequency and when the so whatever they're doing with their gadget it's affecting mine. Either that, or the power company is controlling it because I often find it running full ball at it's lowest setting in the middle of the day or night when I set it on a modest 24°C for my climate. So, I'll be contacting the company to see how to get this sorted. Would be a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐, but it might end up a ⭐.
John C.
John C.Victoria2 posts
  Verified 13 P Wi-Fi
Peter Townsville
Peter TownsvilleNorth Queensland, QLD207 posts
  Verified AirPro

Olimpia Splendid, More than "splendid" it's FANTASTIC!

This unit is in the computer room 8x4 Meters, and bloomin' hell, does it cool!
At night the unit can cool the room to a pleasant 19 degrees C on DEHUMIDIFY MODE, (see attached pic) and in the warm muggy, and on DEHUMIDIFY MODE it really sucks out the humidity somethin chronic, and in the Townsville nights that is a good thing!
This unit is HIGHLY RECOMENDED especially for folk living in Northern Australia. Show details
Magenta
MagentaPerth7 posts
  Verified 14 P Wi-Fi
Regan Spence
Regan SpenceGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC
  Verified 14 P Wi-Fi

Not 5G compatible!

Great looking unit, works well.
Main reason for purchasing was to have a portable unit that I could control from any location. Unfortunately not 5G compatible and isn’t labelled as so. Show details
Moo
MooNSW, 256785 posts
  Verified 18 C5.3kW

Morrough H.
Morrough H. · AirPro 13 P Wi-Fi

Hi my Airpro 13 p wifi keeps saying F1 how do I fix this

Olimpia Splendid
Olimpia Splendid   DM

Hi there, F1 means that the filter needs to be cleaned. After you have cleaned the filter, reset the air con by pressing and holding down the power button for several seconds whilst it is in Standby Mode.

Nicole
Nicole · AirPro

How to use the heat on them

Olimpia Splendid
Olimpia Splendid   DM

Hi Nicole, If you have AIRPRO18, AIRPRO14 or AIRPRO13, they are strictly for cooling only.

Regards
Olimpia Splendid Australia

SMV
SMV · AirPro 14 P Wi-Fi

Hi. Could you tell me where I can purchase on of these units. The Olimpia website suggests The Good Guys, but they do not seem to stock them. Sue

See all Olimpia Splendid AirPro questions

Compare all Olimpia Splendid AirPro listings
CategoryPortable Air ConditionersPortable Air ConditionersPortable Air Conditioners
Price (RRP) $1,099$1,399$1,199
Features Dehumidifying Function, On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart ControlDehumidifying Function, On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart ControlDehumidifying Function, On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart Control
Cooling Power5.2 kW3.5 kW2.93 kW
Reverse Cycle NoNoNo
Cooling Capacity18,000 BTU12,000 BTU10,000 BTU
Dimensions 860 X 460 X 496 mm765 x 490 x 125 mm765 x 490 x 125 mm
Auto Restart FunctionNoNoNo
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release date