VerifiedMPN:PROCOOL16E

3.8
3.8

Cheryl R
Cheryl RDarwin, NT

Cools well, query on drainage outlet

Purchased the Procool 16E this week and is cooling really well. We are in Darwin with high humidity so we are emptying the water several times a day. The drainage outlet is so close to the ground though we have had to elevate the unit to get a container under the outlet. As we are moving the unit to different rooms at various times of day, this is an issue as the unit is heavy to take of the elevated base we are using so is a cumbersome task. Does anyone have a solution as to how we can effectively drain? We thought of attaching a tube but thinking as that would be gravity fed probably won’t work. Would be grateful for any ideas please. Show details
Jane E.
Jane E.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA4 posts

Loc HoangSydney, NSW3 posts

Fan speed not working

I recently just bought one of these from the good guys, the fan speeds aren't working properly. If I'm close to the machine I feel the cold air but the whole room isn't cooled down. It also cycles on and off every 5mins. I don't think its supposed to do that is it? Should I return it to the good guys for a replacement? Show details
Olimpia Splendid
Olimpia Splendid   DM

Hi Loc, if the unit cycles off / on every 5 mins either the set temp is too high, or the room could be a smaller one. You are welcome to contact us at sales@olimpiasplendid.com.au with some pictures of your air con setup for detailed advice.

Happy Mermaid
Happy MermaidSydney Surrounds, NSW3 posts

The best portable air con

This is a powerful air con and managed to quickly cool my entire living and dining area. Yes portable air cons are a bit noisy but this unit is less noisy and far more effective than previous cheaper ones I've used. You get what you pay for!  Show details ·  1

Christina D.
Christina D.

I just got my 16E and on Day 1 it cooled well. I changed to dehumidify and it worked well until it spat out ice and I turned the machine off immediately and left it to defrost itself. Day 2 I turned it on to cool and it didn’t cool at all. I need this machine for medical reasons. Please help.

Debbie R.
Debbie R.

We purchased this unit for our bedroom in a rental apartment and it cools alright but we are having to empty buckets of water from it all the time which is very annoying. A year ago we purchased a Rinnai portable airconditioner and have only had to drain it once in the year we've had it which is only a few small cups of water. The reason we purchased this one is that we have needed one in our 2nd bedroom and we were told this one would cool our main bedroom better than the Rinnai. I have called the Good Guys at Tweed South a few times and they asked for me to get my remote and when I looked I did have it on the Dehumidify Mode so I then put it on cool and thought great this will be the solution but in one night it drained about 19ltrs of water, this is not good as we live on the 8th floor of apartment complex and if the bucket overflows it drips down to the floors below. I want this problem solved as we need an air conditioner as my husband has chronic fatigue and also needs cool air for other medical problems he has.
Could you please help me, I would really like a refund so I can get another Rinnai which has worked for us.

Olimpia Splendid
Olimpia Splendid   DM
TMS

We bought this and set it up yesterday and it worked fine. This morning we drained the water and the display won't show up and it won't turn on. There is definitely power to the unit and we haven't changed the setup. Any idea what is going on?

Loc Hoang

Did u wait 2hrs after buying it? To let the condensor settle down? Or opened it up and used it straight away? Also how come your emptying water after 1 day usage? I used mine for 4 days and haven't emptied my water yet

TMS

We waited. The water didn't need to be drained but my partner is very diligent. The lights were all out before it was drained.

CategoryPortable Air Conditioners