Omega OI64Z

Omega OI64Z

MPN: 35902488
See the Best Induction Cooktops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Omega

1.0
Des TurnerNorth Queensland, QLD

Extremely disappointed Product will not work properly OC160MZ

Purchased in December 2020 for $477.00.

Alexis P.Omega

Good afternoon, could you please send a contact phone number to the following email address so that we can discuss with you all of the options that we can offer you. I look forward to hearing from you. alexisp@shriro.com.au

YY.Z
YY.ZSouth East Queensland, QLD

Serious Design Flaw

Purchased in July 2016 at The Good Guys Online store for $755.00.

Allan M
Allan MAU

Looks good but that's it

First time buyer of an induction cook top. Have had the same experience as other contributors here. If there are a few pots on the boil the unit stops working (just turns itself off). Not good for pasta!! We were told it was our fault as there wasn't enough airflow under the unit to keep it cool but according to the installation specs our cupboard configuration is perfect. Now every-time we use the cook top we have to open 3 cupboard doors located beneath it to allow air flow which is an inconvenience in a busy kitchen. Imagine that on a pro cooking show! In all fairness I must say the timer is good but you can't increase or decrease the time once it's on.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Very Disappointed

Purchased induction cooktop, 2 x burners stopped working, flashing E6 error, manufacturer advised there was not enough airflow, my kitchen manufacturer sent them my kitchen drawing and pics to show air flow was adequate, so they repaired under warranty. Now it has done the exact same thing again, E6 error code and yep just out of warranty. Glass top would also got so hot, nearly burnt your finger trying to turn it off. Will replace with a Bosch.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Induction Cooktops

Find out how Omega OI64Z compares to other Induction Cooktops

Load of rubbish failed in the first week and local agents Monaco are terrible

We recently replaced our Induction cooktop with an Omega. the instructions pointed out we needed bulk airflow so we drilled 14 holes around the cabinet to allow air to circulate underneath the unit. It failed the first time we used it with one bank flashing an error e and 6 contunuisly, it would surge when heating, now the other bank has failed. the agent asked us to send photos and 10 photos later still refuse to come to the home and repair. I would not Purchase anything imported into New Zealand from Monaco as they are hopeless

Date PurchasedJan 2018
VD Very Disappointed
VD Very DisappointedGold Coast

a lemon .... you get what you pay for

Didn't realise that this was a 'cheap' brand. Wanted to try an induction and this was affordable - wish I hadn't bought it - waste of money. Have had the technician out twice because the sensor doesn't sense your finger on the display - it still doesn't work properly.
This cooktop pulses as it heats the pan, it pulses slower for lower heat settings and pulses faster for higher heat settings, however the pulse intensity is the same, so very difficult to simmer anything on the low setting. I have burnt more food and burnt dry more potatoes than on any other cooktop, you just can't leave it for too long - it must be checked regularly. What a pain. Feel like throwing it - my daughter complains every time she has to use it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

dddbbb
dddbbbasked

I have just installed an Omega OC164Z. The buzzing of the magnets with expensive Baccarat Induction pans is ridiculous. Not extreme, but annoying. I may have to go back to gas. Has anyone else wasted their money and found it too annoying to live with? Omega had no answer on the phone. Purchased the top in March, but just installed 2 days ago. Not sure what to do now.

Des Turner

We made a mistake in purchasing an Omega cooktop in December 2021 had two spark's out all they did was scratch heads and say nothing they could. we have no heat from 1 to 5 also will not reach temperature required for frying+ making Jams etc. get heat surges on number 3 where food will burn Omega have stooped answering my emails even are letter to CEO Mr Tim Hargreaves could not prompt a reply in my opinion this a terrible company to deal with and product are even worst

Alexis P.Omega

Good morning Des, we have arranged for one of our team to call you and discuss your cooktop .We would like to organise a further inspection so that we can resolve the problems that you are experiencing. The team at Omega.

Get an answer from our members and Omega representatives

CategoryInduction Cooktops