4.2

79% · 153 · 16%

4.2

phoenixd
phoenixdMetropolitan Adelaide, SA263 posts

Miracle sticky label remover for glass

I hate labels that leave an almost impossible-to-remove sticky residue on glass, and have tried almost everything over the years. This Orange Power stuff works miracles on removing label goo from glass.

Squirt a small amount on a cloth rag, dab on the sticky spot to soften the goo then rub. The goo will soften and smear. Next wipe off the smear with a damp cloth or wash with a little dish soap and warm water to leave sparkling glass with no sticky stuff.

This worked a treat on a set of stemless wine glasses I bought today.

NOTE: Do NOT use on plastics or acrylics as I have found that this stuff damages plastics. I would only use on glass. Show details

Selina D.
Selina D.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC6 posts

Not the same!

I've always bought this product!
I can't believe how watered down this is now!
Not happy anymore Show details
AusyVeteran17 posts

The ULTIMATE sticky residue removal

I have used this predominately on glass bottles to remove labels and this stuff is absolutely magic. It doesn't seem to be too harsh on the skin and of course smells like oranges. I know some people have underscored this product due to its ability to mark some plastics however when that information is listed on the bottle I don't think that is a fair assessment. Product is Australian made and owned and I haven't found any substitute that comes remotely close to how good this works. This is a mainstay in any cleaning cabinet.
Stevie
Stevie

Love this.. but

Always had a great time using this on all sorts of random surfaces. Old duct tape from wood floors, gone! Repurposing jars, easy!
BUT my toddler put some cheap paper stickers on her ikea play kitchen cooktop and after I removed them I tried to get off the residue using this and it wouldn’t come off and just smeared it around so I stupidly added more, and more, and more. Well it completely damaged the plastic and it looks “matte” and feels rough instead of being shiny and smooth. Be warned! Show details
CjeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC6 posts

Miracle Worker

This stuff takes off any type of sticker. So easy to use aswell and works quickly. Has a slight oily residue but easy to get off with some soap and water. Had some duct tape residue stuck on my car and worked a charm getting it off and didn’t damage the paint job either. Show details
Khlo
KhloSydney, NSW9 posts

THE BEST REMOVER FOR EVERYTHING!!!

Man, this orange oil is like magic oil! From permanent marker to sticky sticker residue, graze marks on Converse shoe’s rubber to wall paint on every materials, this orange oil can remove almost every stains I came across! As a parent that has 2 toddlers at home, this thing is a saviour from the kids’ mess shenanigans! Thank God I stumbled upon this item. Show details
Fer
Fer16 posts

Read the label - beware using on plastic

To the reviewer who said it ruined the face of the aircon unit, it is very unfortunate of course, but the label does say "Special care should be taken on some plastics and painted surfaces. Test in an inconspicuous area first."
A family member used it on a door shelf of a fridge and it dulled the plastic. I have used it to take a label off a plastic tub and it similarly dulled the plastic. I would avoid using it on any plastic. Similar things can happen if you use eucalyptus oil. Orange Power uses orange oil which apparently has the same effect on plastic.
On plastic, use Un-Du available from Bunnings. It is even safe on photos.
Blondie
BlondieSYDNEY17 posts

Dean G.
Dean G.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Not happy with it at all

Not happy with this product at all had new split system aircon installed used it to remove glue from stickers on front of unit. It has tarnished the plastic coating leaving it looking like crap Show details
Jacob
Jacob2 posts

Works as Advertised

Product works well removing sticky residue like glue for labels on bottles etc.

Works well, but for larger bottles, needs several applications (sometimes) to completely remove the residue.

Overall very satisfied with the product Show details

Sandra5
Sandra5South East Queensland, QLD85 posts

NML
NMLMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

Great but melts acrylic

I have used and loved Orange Power for years but today my daughter got a clear plastic drink bottle in a show bag that she was really excited about using for school tomorrow. I washed the bottle and in an attempt to remove the sticky label on the bottom i used Orange Power - it has turned the clear plastic smeary and sticky everywhere it touched and has ruined the decals on the bottle. The bottle is now basically un-usable as it is sticky all over the bottom and along the sides. My daughter is in tears and i feel awful. There is nothing on the Orange Power bottle to suggest it will melt certain plastics and i will be getting in touch with Planet Ark tomorrow to make a complaint. Show details
G.Y. Land
G.Y. LandGarran 2605, ACT140 posts

TSS
TSS

Super glue and ink

My husband was gluing models together and the glue leaked through the paper and left a large gluey inky mark on our stone benchtop. I used a cotton tip to wipe it away with the this product and it came away easily with no damage to the benchtop. Excellent product!

Rick
Rick2 posts

Sticky label goo gone

This concentrated product is brilliant for removing sticky labels, glue etc. I highly recommend this product. Keep this email bottle in the laundry cupboard for a wide variety of uses.