Orion SC065WHA

The Woz ReviewSouth East Queensland, QLD

High Definition WiFi Camera Under $100

Stephen D.

Stephen D.asked

Hi, I have set it all up but does not show live as it keeps freezing on my phone (samsung) with messages of 'establishing encrypted channel' & then 'retry'

The Woz Review

I had that happen on iPhone I deleted the cameras updated the phone and reinstalled the cameras , also check your internet signal is good it might need an update or reboot, eventually it will settle down its a minor glitch ( thats what i did ) hope it helps.

Louiseasked

I have one of these cameras and the vision is perfect but the audio is just a bunch of crackles and pops. Did I get a dud version? I have the indoor version too and the audio is crystal clear.

The Woz Review

Hi Louise , its normal , the ambient outside sounds, such as gentle wind noise will be amplified causing the pops and crackles , mine does it too, some days worse than others , You might also be getting electrical interference in the 2.4-5 gHz range from other nearby devices (like annoying ticking sounds) from other homes etc.

The units inside your home are probably mostly being shielded and your walls and roof deflecting signals otherwise picked up on your outdoor cameras. Solution: you could test it on a calm day or early morning before the wind springs up to see if there is a difference or even experiment and place a tiny dot of something ( like what reporters use to protect microphones during interviews )over the mic to see if that helps to reduce wind noise.

Louise

Thanks for your answer. You're a great help here and your review is the reason I went ahead and bought the cameras, thanks!
    My camera is set up in the top corner of the inside of the garage. No wind. No ambient noise.
    I might take it down and test it inside.

Where on the camera is the mic located?

Help pleaseasked

Does anyone know how to view the recordings? Mine are all saved as .data files with a few .index files.

The Woz Review

At the bottom of the live screen theres 2 circles one greyed out press the one on the right if you have an sd card in your camera you can run through the times otherwise you may need to put it in an sd adaptor and process it in your computer , try that see how you go

The Woz Review

also use the free VLC player on your computer if you take out the sd card its a fairly universal player for video

Help please

I've tried to put the sd card into the computer but it's all saved as .data files. VLC won't open them, I've tried. It's strange. Maybe encrypted I don't know. I didn't realise you can watch them from the grid connect app though, I'll give it a go