VerifiedMPN:PXCSS-165

50%50%0%

Alan C.
Alan C.2 posts

Disappointing

Was hoping that buying cheaper tools would get me started on a new hobby. Unfortunately, the circular saw is gutless and struggles to cut 20 mm thick pine. Show details
Michael
MichaelNorth Queensland, QLD38 posts

Value for money

I purchased this for use with my pallet recycling hobby and it works quite well for what I paid for it. If I was to do my hobby full time, it’s likely I’d buy a better quality brand. This brand is quite good for the amount of time I’m using it. If buying, I recommend you at least use a 4.0Ah rated battery. Show details
Macca
Macca

Cheap, but well built

I needed a saw for a couple of jobs, and rather than buy a genny I picked up one of these battery powered ones and the big battery.
Straight up I will say it's got a soft start, says that on the box, so you gotta get it up to full speed before you start cutting, but once you start, it goes great. You gotta be patient and not push hard through the piece, or it'll jam up.
Solid build quality, doesn't feel cheap. Battery lasted quite a while, cuts were on the line no wobble in the blade, I never used its little rip fence so I can't comment.

Bottom line, I liked using it. It did its job really well. I grabbed the drop saw in the same brand, and it cuts like a champ too.  Show details

russnlp
russnlpGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC12 posts

Gutless toy, but ok for the price

I bought the 5PCE Ozito Cordless 18v power tool kit for my partner. She mainly wanted the saw, but the 5PCE kit looked like good value for money and I thought it would be handy having a drill and and angle grinder at her place.
I used the Ozito drill which seemed ok, but the circular saw was slow and weak. Even soft wood like 35mm x 90mm pine was slow to cut and stalled when pushed, and using a hand saw was quicker.
You can't start the saw with the blade touching the timber. You will need to start it running to build up rev's before bringing the blade to the timber.
This saw will suit the occasional small job, but if you are building anything bigger than a footstool you will want to get a real saw, not this toy.