Panasonic RF-D10GN

Panasonic RF-D10GN

MPN: RFD10GNK

4.3

Digital radio battery use

I brushed my antenna on my cheek when it was switched off and got a MILD electric shock. They chew through batteries because they need a boosted signal. Remove batteries.

Purchased in April 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for A$139.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Paul, Thank you for raising this. Please call our customer service team on 132600 for further assistance to ensure the unit is working to specification.

Radio just stopped Working

I Purchased this radio around January 2017. I must have used about a dozen times only. I changed the batteries on it and now it turns on and turns off after 3 seconds.
Thinking it may be the batteries, I plugged it in to power and it does not turn on at all when power cable is plugged in.

Have no idea what went wrong with it. I never dropped it or mishandled it in any way.

I cannot fine my receipt but it was purchased from the Good Guys in Preston.

I guess without a receipt and hard to prove i have only used it about a dozen times it becomes a throwaway item. It would probably costs more to ship it out for repairs.

Purchased in January 2017 for A$95.00.

Fishy1979South-East, TAS

Wowsers!

So I picked this radio based on 4 things:
1. Have always had good experiences with panasonic
2. This unit has a good size speaker (10cm in this case) so a small tinny sound could be avoided
3. Needed to be DAB+ (future friendly)
4. Previous reviews

So off I go and buy this, get it home, unbox, plug it in - unit auto scans for DAB+ channels, you can then scroll through each of them and 2 clicks to save them to a preset. The unit was setup from the out of the box in under 5 minutes.
The build and sound quality are faultless.
I honestly do not recall anything in recent times being this easy and such good quality. I was hesitant to pay $119.00 for a radio, but I think this unit is worth every cent.
Highly recommend this product!

Purchased in March 2020 at The Good Guys for A$119.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Fishy, thanks for taking the time to provide your great review and share your setup experience.

Digital Radios

Find out how Panasonic RF-D10GN compares to other Digital Radios

Tim WSydney, NSW

Love it, great portable radio

Bought this for the bedroom.
This radio has DAB and FM but no AM.
Also has a built in clock, alarm clock and lots of user friendly features like the light doesn't stay on all the time (it turns off after 10 seconds). Also has a sleep function.
You can also store up to 10 preset stations.
As a bonus you can run this on batteries or AC power. Handy if you have a blackout, just remember to buy some batteries.
The DAB radio is great because there are lots of different channels on DAB.
Sound quality is pretty good.

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys for A$99.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Tim, thank you for taking the time to provide your great review. Thanks you for also pointing out the great features with this model.

Warren

WarrenMacArthur 2904, ACT

Perfect portable radio

Upgraded my old Portable radio to this new digital one for today’s range of radio stations, this has excellent coverage and sound quality is very good. Just the right size for my kitchen bench top. Can also run on batteries to take away.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for A$99.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Warren, thanks for taking the time to provide the feedback in relation to your perfect portable radio! We appreciate your 5 star review.

Not meant for Portable Use

I purchased this radio on 10th August 2019, and today (13th September) I have just replaced the batteries for the 3rd time. Clearly this radio is not designed to really be a portable product. It is ridiculous to have a radio that requires new batteries every 2 weeks yet market it as portable.
The sound is clear, so now I am resigned to having to place this radio in an awkward spot in my house, simply to be able to plug it in to a power point.
I am very disappointed.
My very old truly portable radio only required batteries about once a year - sadly I gave it to charity when I purchased this one.
Think twice if you do really want a portable radio.

Purchased in August 2019 for A$119.00.

Faye
Faye
Roben

RobenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Just what I wanted.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
BOSTON

BOSTONWaterloo

Able to preset 10 FM and 10 DAB stations. Excellent sound and reception in a difficult reception area.Easy to preset stations and operate and can run on AC or 2D batteries. Excellent value at $99 at The Good Guys. Minimum adjustments needed to get the best reception. Overall a great buy!

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Well made portable DAB/FM radio

this radio was a replacement for the Pure One radio.The Panasonic is larger and heavier but the build quality is substantially better and uses 4 C cell rechargeable batteries(not supplied with the radio). The mono sound is very good and as I mainly use it in the bathroom(where it must be battery powered) I am very happy with the performance. Complaints about poor battery life are a bit unfair because all DAB portable radios have higher power consumption and rechargeable batteries are always recommended. Use of disposable batteries will cost more.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Digital Radios

Find out how Panasonic RF-D10GN compares to other Digital Radios

JC_1972

JC_1972Western Australia, 6031

Great sound from the size that it is.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Peter

PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great radio...except for one thing

Mick Gags

Mick GagsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Crystal Clear

After looking for weeks for a decent digital radio I came across this Panasonic RF-D10 and I was floored by the quality of the sound the appearance the reception and unbelievable power of its volume
Even on full volume there was no distortion. Plus heaps of other features too many to mention!
The other manufacturers should sit up and take notice
Well done Panasonic 10/10

D fry

D fryasked

How do I find 3aw

Rod Kasked

I purchased Panasonic Model RF-D10GN-K nearly 12 months ago. I am happy with it even if it chews up batteries. I now use rechargable batteries. That's ok.
My query is that the sound drops out intermittently. Even if I change to a different station nothing happens but the screen indicates there is transmission. If I turn the volume down and then up again it usually starts.
Is that likely to be a fault of the radio or is it possibly due to a black spot transmission by the Radio Stations?
I am less than 20 km from the Adelaide CBD. There shouldn't be any transmission problems here in my view. Thanks, Rod

Tim W

I would try 2 things to troubleshoot.
1. Try running it on mains power
2. Try running it somewhere else say at work or a friends house.

Rod K

Thanks, the problem has also occurred when on mains power.
It has happened even when the aerial is fully extended.
I can also listen unimpeded on mains and battery without the aerial extended at all.
An area search for the ABC transmission in the area shows is not the problem. Postcode 5049 SA

Fishy1979

I would say it was a fault. Mine has never done this and I am quite a long way from the transmission tower. Can barely get mobile phone reception here but DAB+ comes in clean and crisp.

John D.

John D.asked

My current Radio is a GE SUPER RADIO with fair Long range as I am about 160km away from Sydney station As I listen to am ie 2GB ONLY. Is there a better long range radio available these days.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi John, sorry we can't answer exactly what would be the best radio for your specific circumstances and your location to Sydney radio towers.

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives