Panasonic RF-D10GN

4.2
Jez
Jez

Very easy to program.

Great product. Price is reasonable. Very basic and easy to use. Sound quality is good. Everything you need, battery option or 240 v option. Maybe one year warranty is a bit tight. Happy with purchase price $94 from Harvey Norman, Fyshwick ACT.

Purchased in May 2021 for $94.00.

Digital radio battery use

I brushed my antenna on my cheek when it was switched off and got a MILD electric shock. They chew through batteries because they need a boosted signal. Remove batteries.

Purchased in April 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $139.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Paul, Thank you for raising this. Please call our customer service team on 132600 for further assistance to ensure the unit is working to specification.

Radio just stopped Working

I Purchased this radio around January 2017. I must have used about a dozen times only. I changed the batteries on it and now it turns on and turns off after 3 seconds.
Thinking it may be the batteries, I plugged it in to power and it does not turn on at all when power cable is plugged in.

Have no idea what went wrong with it. I never dropped it or mishandled it in any way.

I cannot fine my receipt but it was purchased from the Good Guys in Preston.

I guess without a receipt and hard to prove i have only used it about a dozen times it becomes a throwaway item. It would probably costs more to ship it out for repairs.

Purchased in January 2017 for $95.00.

Fishy1979
Fishy1979South-East, TAS

Wowsers!

So I picked this radio based on 4 things:
1. Have always had good experiences with panasonic
2. This unit has a good size speaker (10cm in this case) so a small tinny sound could be avoided
3. Needed to be DAB+ (future friendly)
4. Previous reviews

So off I go and buy this, get it home, unbox, plug it in - unit auto scans for DAB+ channels, you can then scroll through each of them and 2 clicks to save them to a preset. The unit was setup from the out of the box in under 5 minutes.
The build and sound quality are faultless.
I honestly do not recall anything in recent times being this easy and such good quality. I was hesitant to pay $119.00 for a radio, but I think this unit is worth every cent.
Highly recommend this product!

Purchased in March 2020 at The Good Guys for $119.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Fishy, thanks for taking the time to provide your great review and share your setup experience.

Tim W
Tim WSydney, NSW

Love it, great portable radio

Bought this for the bedroom.
This radio has DAB and FM but no AM.
Also has a built in clock, alarm clock and lots of user friendly features like the light doesn't stay on all the time (it turns off after 10 seconds). Also has a sleep function.
You can also store up to 10 preset stations.
As a bonus you can run this on batteries or AC power. Handy if you have a blackout, just remember to buy some batteries.
The DAB radio is great because there are lots of different channels on DAB.
Sound quality is pretty good.

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys for $99.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Tim, thank you for taking the time to provide your great review. Thanks you for also pointing out the great features with this model.

Warren
WarrenMacArthur 2904, ACT

Perfect portable radio

Upgraded my old Portable radio to this new digital one for today’s range of radio stations, this has excellent coverage and sound quality is very good. Just the right size for my kitchen bench top. Can also run on batteries to take away.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $99.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Warren, thanks for taking the time to provide the feedback in relation to your perfect portable radio! We appreciate your 5 star review.

Not meant for Portable Use

I purchased this radio on 10th August 2019, and today (13th September) I have just replaced the batteries for the 3rd time. Clearly this radio is not designed to really be a portable product. It is ridiculous to have a radio that requires new batteries every 2 weeks yet market it as portable.
The sound is clear, so now I am resigned to having to place this radio in an awkward spot in my house, simply to be able to plug it in to a power point.
I am very disappointed.
My very old truly portable radio only required batteries about once a year - sadly I gave it to charity when I purchased this one.
Think twice if you do really want a portable radio.

Purchased in August 2019 for $119.00.

Faye
Faye
Roben
RobenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Just what I wanted.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

BOSTON
BOSTONWaterloo

Able to preset 10 FM and 10 DAB stations. Excellent sound and reception in a difficult reception area.Easy to preset stations and operate and can run on AC or 2D batteries. Excellent value at $99 at The Good Guys. Minimum adjustments needed to get the best reception. Overall a great buy!

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Well made portable DAB/FM radio

this radio was a replacement for the Pure One radio.The Panasonic is larger and heavier but the build quality is substantially better and uses 4 C cell rechargeable batteries(not supplied with the radio). The mono sound is very good and as I mainly use it in the bathroom(where it must be battery powered) I am very happy with the performance. Complaints about poor battery life are a bit unfair because all DAB portable radios have higher power consumption and rechargeable batteries are always recommended. Use of disposable batteries will cost more.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
JC_1972
JC_1972Western Australia, 6031

Great sound from the size that it is.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Peter
PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great radio...except for one thing

Mick Gags
Mick GagsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Crystal Clear

After looking for weeks for a decent digital radio I came across this Panasonic RF-D10 and I was floored by the quality of the sound the appearance the reception and unbelievable power of its volume
Even on full volume there was no distortion. Plus heaps of other features too many to mention!
The other manufacturers should sit up and take notice
Well done Panasonic 10/10

Rob Lentonasked

I’m looking for my first digital radio, and I looked at the Panasonic RF D30 BTEBK, liked the review, etc, then I looked at at the Panasonic RF D10GN. I liKed both radios. The D30 when I checked the price was around $195Aus, the D30 was around the $130 mark. On looking at the reviews I saw one that the D30, you cannot get AM stations. I’m 80 years old, not tech savvy, Can you please advise if this is the case for the D30. It’s around $65 dollars cheaper, but if I cannot get AM stations I’ll have to go back to the drawing board.
Thanks. Rob Lenton

Hi Rob.
I purchased this radio Sony XDR-S61D DAB.
It's a better radio and layout is better than the Panasonic.
I threw out the Panasonic RF- D10. I had that for just over a year. I used it about dozen times then it just stopped working.
Panasonic only seem to reply to the positive or simple feeds.
I wrote a review but never heard a word from them.
You would think that if their flagship radio just dies for no reason, they would want to know about it. That did not happen and I was so disappointed.

I would not but a Panasonic again.

Note:
All the am stations are on both radios on DAB format so don't worry about getting the stations you like.

Once you learn how to program the buttons you can store all your favourites and get them by just a simple push of the button.

Please note that both Digital Radios consume batteries faster than a standard radios.

Here is a model number of the Sony radio I purchsed.

Sony XDR-S61D DAB

Hope this helps

Joe

Rob Lenton

Thanks Joe for the info, I’ll have a look at the Sony.
Cheers Rob L

Katrina C.
Katrina C.asked

What type of battery?

Unit takes 4x C size Batteries

Joe M.

I purchased this radio Sony XDR-S61D DAB.
It's a better radio and layout is better than the Panasonic.
Panasonic only seem to reply to the positive or simple feeds.
I wrote a review but never heard a word from them.

I would not but a Panasonic again.

Note:

Here is a model number of the Sony radio I purchsed.

Sony XDR-S61D DAB

Hope this helps

Joe

D fry
D fryasked

How do I find 3aw

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives

CategoryDigital Radios