Sangean DPR-45

Sangean DPR-45

See the Best Digital Radios in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Terence

TerenceBONDI BEACH

Very good radio. Not perfect but better than most others.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Rick W

Rick WAU

Love my new radio. Perfect for my use.

I purchased this radio as I'm a bus driver and wanted a decent radio with a good speaker (need to be able to hear over bus noise). This radio hangs on my window edge and is ideal. I use rechargeable batteries and recharge every fourth day (I use it for approx 7hrs/day), Saving me a fortune and the climate not using alkaline batteries. Only draw back is only 5 presets. My old radio had 10 and that would have been preferable.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
mubd1234

mubd1234Sydney, NSW

This is a great radio.

I was lucky enough to snag this radio for $29 online from a Dick Smith clearance sale. It is easily one of the best purchases I've ever made. It has very good sound quality, a tuner that can do AM, FM and DAB (which is quite rare) and feels extremely sturdy with good build quality.

The only criticism I have of this radio is the tuning knob. You push it in to select a radio station on DAB, but the problem is that the tuning knob sometimes rotates slightly and selects the station adjacent to the one you want.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

A waste of money

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Nearly as good as it gets!

Date PurchasedApr 2018

charles1962

charles1962Moe, Victoria

An outstanding radio.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

OCP

OCPPerth

Lovely piece of kit

One of the few radios with DAB, FM and AM.

AM is quite important to have if you have patchy DAB reception and you need to keep up to date emergency info.

This radio is basic and well made, not fancy but does the job right. Not too small and not too big. Just right.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Kompian

KompianFadden 2904, ACT

A Quality Portable Radio.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
bikibabe

bikibabeSYDNEY

The Best

Love this radio - it has it all. Wonderful clear reception, 5 Station pre-sets on both AM, FM and DAB (maintained even in a power blackout), I can listen to all stations clearly that are difficult or impossible to hear due to static on other radios, wonderful compact design, and so easy to program (don't need an instruction book). Best radio EVER!!!

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Peter A

Peter A

General Purpose Radio

Date PurchasedJul 2017

iglooman

igloomanSydney, NSW

Perfect alternative to Stereo DAB Receiver - the real sound audiophile tells all.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Wendy L

Wendy LTasmania

So far, it's all good

I've had my radio only a few days, but I love it already. I spent some time reading the manual and then setting it up with manual clock, presets, mono sound. There's no DAB in Tassie, and that is no fault of Sangean.
It's a snap to use Am or FM and I have fav presets for both.
So I can say that at this point, I have no quibbles with it and it's everything I was led to believe that it would be..

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Sunbird

SunbirdDaintree

If you have no digital or FM signal in your area, forget it!

JohnH

JohnHCanberra

Excellent tri-band radio

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Edward

EdwardMelton

Problem arose

I found the radio was very good and powerful enough to overcome the poor reception area. The problem arose when it was noticed that a brown liqid was pouring from the battery area over a white cover and the setting on a polished table surface quickly set hard brown ridges. In all fairness I cannot remember The setup at that time. The unit was replaced as asked and is now plugged into the mains power. very happy with the radio.

Louisamaria

LouisamariaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best I could find.

I am female and in my eighties. We have the name to be daft about technical things. Perhaps we are. But I do know exactly what I want. A radio which will give me a variety of stations to listen to in the night. Am and FM are totally useless where I live. I bought a very small pocket digital radio couple of years back. OXX. That was fine, no speaker. As it had no sleeptimer, very hard on batteries. I kept looking and could not find anything to suit me till I found the Sangean DPR45. Its a bit big for me, I would have preferred it smaller, but.....I am happy with it and it does what I want.

Shirley1111

Shirley1111Sydney, NSW

Not for me

I live 2-1/2 hours west of Sydney. There is no digital signal available at the moment where I live. My old Sony stereo, which was able to pick up Sydney AM stations, packed it in. My local Dick Smith store allowed me to try the Sangean DPR-45+ Long Distance AM Reception radio. It couldn't pick up anything. I attached a Loop Aerial and still it didn't pick up anything. This radio didn't work for me, but it may work for others.

Pumpy

PumpyNSW, 2795

Best Portable Radio

I have owned a previous version of this radio and have found it to be the best AM radio on the market, I bought a new DPR-45+ and it is just as good on the AM band, plus the new model has the digital radio band, of course it still has very good FM. The sensitivity and selectivity on the AM Band is outstanding, so the radio is great for the around Aussie traveler. The date and time will set up automatically if you are in a digital radio broadcast area. It is a little fiddly to set date and time if not in a digital area. The date and time will be lost if you change batteries and don't have it plugged into the mains power.

Overall a great radio, especially on the often neglected by manufactures AM band.

monaromonaroMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

All good!

SANGEAN DPR -45

I have had a Sangean DPR 45 for just 18 months and am very very disappointed with it. Worked well until approx. 2 months ago and now is continually dropping out and losing the station. I have been told to do a factory reset which is supposed to clear everything and then a quick scan of DAB frequencies will be carried out and it was hoped that it would correct the problem.

Is not holding the stations

monaromonaro

As I purchased this same model a few weeks ago I am interested in the outcome of this issue.