Philips Digital Tuning Clock Radio AJ3123/79

Philips Digital Tuning Clock Radio AJ3123/79

What's the time?

Clock kept losing the time I figured because the power must have gone out. So i installed the battery back up and boom same issue. Lucky if the time is there when I wake. Glad I am not relying on the alarm.

Hi Brad, it's time to get in touch, because we like to see how we can help. Feel free to contact our colleagues on the below number for further assistance: 08 8338 5540 Monday to Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

This is an of course a terrible piece of work by Philips.

I bought it just a while before and i set it in home, i could realize some of parts of digital display is not working properly. When it set to radio mode some parts are to work. But not completely. Any how when i get back to the store where i purchased this thing, i could found more devices returned back by users saying same complain. So Philips, i say this is a fail product!

Hi, Duminda. Thank you for your feedback. It's unfortunate to hear that some parts of the digital display weren't working properly. That isn't supposed to happen, and we can understand you brought the device back. Please know that we always want to help! We are online 24/7 on Facebook and Twitter (@PhilipsCare), if you need some help in the future. For now, we'd like to wish you a nice day. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Frustrated with the alarm

I bought this to use as a radio/alarm. I simply want the radio to come on at the pre-set time each morning, without getting louder and louder (it keeps getting louder past the pre-set volume level), and then to turn itself off after the nominated period: how can I arrange that?

Hi Michael, Thank you for reviewing the Philips Clock radio. Let's see how we can get your Clock radio to take it down a notch. It would be great if you could give our colleagues a call on 1300 850 633 (Australia) or 0800 639 953 (New Zealand), so they can assist you further. We're hoping to hear from you, Michael. Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamI rang the no. and spoke to Chris. Long and short of it is that "that is the way it is designed" - the radio just keeps getting louder when the alarm goes off, until you get out of bed and manually adjust (not easy with buttons which are small and multi-purpose). What a rubbish design.

Difficult to change any settings

Needed a simple clock with alarm and The Phillips AJ3232 did not deliver. Horrible clock - difficult to change time and set alarm - the radio keeps turning on when trying to set alarm or time - I really dislike this clock. I don't want to read the manual each time I need to change basic settings. When I do change settings according to manual instructions it does not always work or takes several attempts - leaves me irritated - don't want to call a help line to use a clock. First and last Phillips clock - this one is going in the bin!

Hi Deanna. We're sorry to see the alarm clock wasn't able to offer you a user friendly experience, but thanks for letting us know. We do hope you'll give it a second chance though, instead of throwing it away. Ans although you indicated you don't want to make use of our customer service, we do like to suggest giving it a try. Our colleagues are always very happy to help. You could reach them on 1300 850 633, assuming you're currently located in Australia. In any case, thanks again for sharing your thoughts here with us. We welcome any feedback, as this is the best input for improving our products. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

simply don't bother

I took the cheap way out and bought this Philips electric clock and wasn't impressed as the 24 hours time can sometimes be confusing plus the little cord they give someone to use is a pee poor effort besides it's small and plastic seems flimsy - I'd recommend save more money and buy a better alarm clock

Hello Brian, we're sorry to hear about the difficulties you have experienced. We advise you to call us on (if you are based in Australia) 1300 850 633 for further assistance. Or send us a message on Facebook/Twitter, we like to get in touch and see if we can help you. Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm EST Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Battery use

When I unplugged the unit (as if to simulate a power outage) it went off after 10 seconds!

What is the point of having the batteries if they don't keep it running to maintain clock accuracy?

Hi, Thanks for reaching out to us here. That's indeed odd, as the batteries should work as a back up in that particular setting. Perhaps it has something to do with the batteries. Have you installed new ones? Mixing old batteries with new ones might be one of the causes. Also, we'd kindly ask you to make sure the batteries are properly installed in the battery compartment. You could place a small piece of sponge or a piece of facial tissue on top of the battery before closing the battery compartment. That might prevent the batteries from falling out of their position. Please let us know whether this helps. If you have more questions, please know we're available 24/7 through Facebook and Twitter. If you're located in Australia you can also reach out to us via the following number: 1300 850 633. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

I am glad it fits into my dirt bin where it should be

I am unable to completely turn the alarm off. It keeps coming on when I do not want it to. I checked this on site but that was useless as it talks about setting not on the clock. It is new but I am going to have it disconnected an buy another brand.

Hi there, Sorry to hear you are not at all happy with this product. Have you tried contacting our care centre at 1300 850 633? They may be able to help out with the issue you're mentioning. Hope you will give it a try. Kind regards, The Philips Australia team

Love the Duel Alarm Funchion

I purchased this alarm clock about a month ago. I'm very pleased with my purchase.
It's very light and easy to set. I like the 24 hour clock as you cannot get confused when setting the alarm function.
I use the duel alarm as a back up alarm as the radio only plays for 30 minutes. I set the second alarm 31 minutes later. Alarm starts off quiet and then comes to the volume you set for listening to the radio.
The only function I am unable to operate correctly is the pre set for the FM radio. The only pre set I can get to work is P01.
The FM sound is great and it clock comes with a attached antenna. Also has a battery backup for if your power goes off.
My purchase was from The Good Guys.

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to write this review! We’re very thankful for the feedback and are happy to see you like the product. For more help with the presets, we suggest contacting 1300 850 633 (if you’re in Australia) so we can help you more directly. :) Kind Regards, The Philips Australia Team.I may have to give them a call. I have tried every way to get it to work. ThanksI rang the 1300 number who told me and I did to ring a 1800 number and they told me to return the clock as it is faulty. As I purchased online and I don't drive it does not pay me to send it back to the good guys for an exchange. (I no longer have my receipt that came with the clock). Clock now how 3 problems Cannot set any of the programs for the fm radio if power goes off backup battery which is new did not display time or music when alarm should have gone off. A error message of oo's and -- has happened 3 times now. It does not pay me to return it.

Want my money back

Very light weight. Unable to tune the radio and the instructions are contradictory, clock constantly resets and the alarm makes flatus noises. I'm taking it back and getting a different brand.

Hi Sad. That doesn't sound good at all! We're sorry to hear you decided this. Have you exchanged the item already? Otherwise we might be able to assist you with this.

Permanent 24 hour mode

Don't buy this clock unless you want to have permanent 24 hour mode. It is annoying in the civilian world, and stupid that it can be changed.

Hi there. It's a pity to hear that your clock radio did not meet your expectations. We would like to see what we can do for you. If you're in Australia, please call 1300 850 633 to get in touch with one of our specialists. They might be able to help. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Very Average Performance

Reception should be lot better. It catches interference. Backup AAA batteries, even though alkaline, lasts only for about 2 weeks. It's irritating to do clock and fm settings frequently. All buttons are noisy and hard to operate.

Hi David, thank you for your review. Our team would love to look into this and see if we can help to improve the reception. Could you reach out to them at 1300 850 633 for Australia and 0800 639 953 for New Zealand? Thank you! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Avoid it.

This product has very poor manual, buttons conflict with each other - avoid this product, not worth of your money ! Station settings conflict with store memory, buttons often conflict, no idea who designed it but looks like brainless design and China made doesn't raise any trust as well ! Web page described as - get manual there is so strange and doesn't provide any useful information about this poor product ! -Avoid it!

Thank you for your review, Mil. It is unfortunate to hear that there are some puzzling aspects to the manual and thus to using the radio. Are we right to assume that it seems that you don’t seem unsatisfied with the quality of the product itself, but rather with the user-friendliness of the radio? Please know that if you have any questions regarding one of our products you could always call with our customer support or contact us on social media. We would gladly help you with getting the most out of your digital tuning clock radio. Please let us know how we can help!

Want radio volume changed when in alarm mode? - haa it can't be done

This is the second of this make I have bought. I bought it mainly as a radio alarm. The first one struggled to pick up stations and I returned it

I then bought a second about a year later. On this one the reception was better and the clock radio did what it is meant to, be a radio and an alarm. On the positive side it has ten pre-set stations and two alarms that give a choice being woken by radio or a beep sound. It is easy to set up the stations and has auto find feature. To get to the station one has to press the one button until the station wanted is reached.

But it works and for this I give it a satisfactory rating. However the clock radio has a major design flaw. The the volume and alarm adjustment share the same buttons. One sets the alarm when music is off. Okay no problems there. The real problem is when the radio alarm comes on and you try to adjust the volume. As soon as you try to change volume with the alarm in operation the alarm switches off as they are the same button. If fact radio volume cannot be adjusted when it is in alarm mode!! Silly. Who ever designed this never used a radio wake up alarm.

The radio only picks up FM but that is not a problem for me. Reception is on the weak side. It is light and compact and has battery back up. In the end we shifted it to the spare room as the impossibility to control volume when the radio alarm was on was too annoying. Would I buy one again for my bedroom, NO. Is it good enough for the spare room or office- maybe
Display, battery back up, two alarms, compact, 10 preset stations, price
Radio vosume cannot be adjusted in alarm mode. No brightness adjustment

My alarm randomly switched from radio to buzzer mode and I cannot switch it back. None of the buttons are responding. Any ideas?
Hi Tim, thanks for reaching out. We're sorry to hear that your alarm has been having a will of its own. We can imagine that's not ideal. We haven't heard of this before, and therefore we kindly recommend you to reach out to our product specialists. You're able to reach our Australian team at 1300 850 633, while our colleagues from New Zealand can be contacted via the following phone number 0800 639 953. Please feel free to contact our customer care on Facebook or Twitter (@PhilipsCare) as well. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

How do you change the am to pm?

How do I stop the volume increasing when the radio comes on with the alarm? This is SOOOOO frustrating. Please don’t tell me to call a number for advice. I am NZ and need a written response please.
This is my problem with this product. I eventually spoke to someone from Philips, and the answer is, you can't stop it. Ridiculous, but that's the way it is. I simply have the beep alarm come on each day, and manually switch over to radio.You are kidding! This is ridiculous. That's the end on my Philips buying days.

Visit official website - Download manual