Philips Digital Tuning Clock Radio AJ3123/79

1.8

Brad

BradCentral Queensland, QLD

What's the time?

Clock kept losing the time I figured because the power must have gone out. So i installed the battery back up and boom same issue. Lucky if the time is there when I wake. Glad I am not relying on the alarm.

Philips S.Philips

This is an of course a terrible piece of work by Philips.

I bought it just a while before and i set it in home, i could realize some of parts of digital display is not working properly. When it set to radio mode some parts are to work. But not completely. Any how when i get back to the store where i purchased this thing, i could found more devices returned back by users saying same complain. So Philips, i say this is a fail product!

Frustrated with the alarm

I bought this to use as a radio/alarm. I simply want the radio to come on at the pre-set time each morning, without getting louder and louder (it keeps getting louder past the pre-set volume level), and then to turn itself off after the nominated period: how can I arrange that?

Michael H
Michael H
Digital Radios

Find out how Philips Digital Tuning Clock Radio AJ3123/79 compares to other Digital Radios

Deanna Brookhouse

Deanna BrookhouseMullumbimby

Difficult to change any settings

Needed a simple clock with alarm and The Phillips AJ3232 did not deliver. Horrible clock - difficult to change time and set alarm - the radio keeps turning on when trying to set alarm or time - I really dislike this clock. I don't want to read the manual each time I need to change basic settings. When I do change settings according to manual instructions it does not always work or takes several attempts - leaves me irritated - don't want to call a help line to use a clock. First and last Phillips clock - this one is going in the bin!

brian

brian

simply don't bother

I took the cheap way out and bought this Philips electric clock and wasn't impressed as the 24 hours time can sometimes be confusing plus the little cord they give someone to use is a pee poor effort besides it's small and plastic seems flimsy - I'd recommend save more money and buy a better alarm clock

Battery use

When I unplugged the unit (as if to simulate a power outage) it went off after 10 seconds!

What is the point of having the batteries if they don't keep it running to maintain clock accuracy?

Philips S.Philips

I am glad it fits into my dirt bin where it should be

I am unable to completely turn the alarm off. It keeps coming on when I do not want it to. I checked this on site but that was useless as it talks about setting not on the clock. It is new but I am going to have it disconnected an buy another brand.

happy eco, Victoria

Love the Duel Alarm Funchion

I purchased this alarm clock about a month ago. I'm very pleased with my purchase.
It's very light and easy to set. I like the 24 hour clock as you cannot get confused when setting the alarm function.
I use the duel alarm as a back up alarm as the radio only plays for 30 minutes. I set the second alarm 31 minutes later. Alarm starts off quiet and then comes to the volume you set for listening to the radio.
The only function I am unable to operate correctly is the pre set for the FM radio. The only pre set I can get to work is P01.
The FM sound is great and it clock comes with a attached antenna. Also has a battery backup for if your power goes off.
My purchase was from The Good Guys.

happy eco

I may have to give them a call. I have tried every way to get it to work.

Sad

SadPerth

Want my money back

Very light weight. Unable to tune the radio and the instructions are contradictory, clock constantly resets and the alarm makes flatus noises. I'm taking it back and getting a different brand.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Sad. That doesn't sound good at all! We're sorry to hear you decided this. Have you exchanged the item already? Otherwise we might be able to assist you with this.

Digital Radios

Permanent 24 hour mode

Don't buy this clock unless you want to have permanent 24 hour mode. It is annoying in the civilian world, and stupid that it can be changed.

Very Average Performance

Reception should be lot better. It catches interference. Backup AAA batteries, even though alkaline, lasts only for about 2 weeks. It's irritating to do clock and fm settings frequently. All buttons are noisy and hard to operate.

Avoid it.

This product has very poor manual, buttons conflict with each other - avoid this product, not worth of your money ! Station settings conflict with store memory, buttons often conflict, no idea who designed it but looks like brainless design and China made doesn't raise any trust as well ! Web page described as - get manual there is so strange and doesn't provide any useful information about this poor product ! -Avoid it!

PhilipsPhilips
kenfran

kenfranAU

Want radio volume changed when in alarm mode? - haa it can't be done

Pat

Patasked

My ORD2100B/37 FM Clock radio only displays -0 16. That's it. No radio, no time set. Just -0 16. Sure miss the sound and the time. Please help!

Philips S.Philips

Thank you for reaching out, Pat! We kindly recommend you to contact our product specialists at 1300 850 633 (Australia) or 0800 639 953 (New Zealand) if you still need assistance with your Clock Radio. They'd be happy to see how they can be of help. Wishing you a nice rest of the week.

MiL

MiLasked

How can you tell you're in AM time when setting the Philips AJ3123 clock? I know how to set the clock but I can not tell when I am in AM or PM by looking at the clock face.

Hi there Mil,

The alarm-clock does not work with the Am-PM function but rather with a 24-hour function. In this case 00:00-12:00 is PM and 12:00-00:00 is AM. If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to us at 1300 998 851 (Australia) or 0800 836 761 (New Zealand), from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. Our colleagues will gladly assist you further.

SAP

SAPasked

I want my radio to turn on at a low volume, but it defaults to highest volume every time I turn radio off. How do I permanently set the volume to low.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thanks for reaching out. That does sound a little one, and we'd like to take a closer look at the situation. Feel free to reach out to us on Facebook and/or Twitter (@PhilipsCare) for further assistance. Alternatively, you can contact our support team by phone on: 1300 363 391.

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

CategoryDigital Radios