Polaris Universal Maxx

Polaris Universal Maxx

5.0 from 1 review

Polaris Universal Maxx - Perfect touring partner

We fitted the Polaris Maxx 10.1” to our year 2000 Toyota LandCruiser just before heading on a long 10,000km trip across the outback.

Fittment: Fitting was a piece of cake, the unit bolted perfectly in the double din facia. Electrical connection was also made simple with the aid of a universal to Toyota harness adaptor. The trickiest parts were connecting the reverse signal and laying the reverse camera cable. I was able to find my reverse wire from an online Toyota electrical manual.

General Operation: Not use to Android and coming from an iPhone user, the platform was easy to grasp. Applications can be loaded into the unit although at this stage we haven’t bothered. Bluetooth connection was simple, we were able to listen to Spotify on our most recent touring trip. We also have the Polaris apple play dongle which we connected to, we could open Spotify on the Polaris and navigate music on the big screen.

GPS Navigation: We had Hema off-road mapping (Ozi Explorer platform) and Tom Tom road mapping (iGo Navigation) loaded to an SD and supplied with the unit. This is my favourite feature of the unit! I love off-road travel and although I always try to have a paper map on board it’s great to be able to see where you are exactly.

Media Inputs: My wife and daughter made good use of the USB inputs by reviewing our off road home videos on the big screen.

Off-Road durability: if you’ve ever travelled around Cape York, you’ll know what I mean when I say the corrugations were bad :) still the unit operated flawlessly although you can expect that the screen tilt will slowly tilt down as you rattle along the corrugations.

Cheers