2PureVPN

BiNDeaD
BiNDeaDSydney Surrounds, NSW

OP83
OP83AU27 posts

Avoid going anywhere near PureVPN. Has not honoured commitments re cashback with ShopBack

I signed up due to substantial cash back offered via ShopBack. I am meant to be receiving almost $200 after purchasing PureVPN's services via ShopBack but this cashback has not been delivered in over 3 months. Many users are reporting this issue on a popular discussion forum but it's still not resolved. I would avoid using purevpn. I don't consider it to be fast or a good service and customer service has been non existent to me.
Reisender
ReisenderMelbourne10 posts

Pops
PopsMelbourne16 posts

Got charged for a month VPN trial and it stopped working after 1 week

Got charged for a one month subscription service. My account was debited and then after a week it stopped working saying that I hadn’t paid the invoice. Lucky I didn’t pay for an annual subscription. Zero customer support.
Bob
BobWheatbelt, WA2 posts

Not working!!!

I live in Western Australia and I think I’ve paid twice for this PureVPN - which I bought to access BBCiplayer which I still cannot access either on tv or mobile. I would like to discuss getting rebated for at least one charge or informed how to make BBCiplayer available on my tv - through AppleTV. ?????
Doccles
Doccles2 posts

Rubbish. The application is useless

Is extremely slow to launch and constantly crashes, which completely disconnects you until you terminate the process. Avoid.
Jonathan James
Jonathan JamesBrisbane8 posts

Not the service it used to be!!! Don't do it

I have been a PureVPN customer for years and their service has slowly, then more rapidly declined, dropping servers around the world, plus their ability to deliver Geolocation viewing has decreased and just keep adding new services with great costs to give you what you purchased in the first place. Then when you complain via their live chat the bot thanks you for your complaint. I am closing my account as there are now way better products for less cost out there.
PureVPN
PureVPN   DM
Really angry
Really angrySydney, NSW5 posts

Avoid don't fall for 31 free day trial

I tried this app for 30 minutes it took the monthly amount immediately even though it said 31 days free and then trying to get the money back was almost impossible.
stewart118
stewart118

have to edit detailed settings to get it to work

it works sometimes... those times make me happy. 1 in 3 though. i do the chat and they walk me through changing ip or dns settings and all these letters that i dont understand. how can a normal person use this vpn... they cant.
HJJ
HJJSydney, NSW2 posts

Scammers

I signed up for the trial. The VPN did NOT work at all. I couldn't load any webpages at all on any country I tried. Then when I went to cancel before my trial was up there was no where to cancel! They only give you a cancel button after the trial ends but by that point they've charged you! What a scam
Jason
JasonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

you literally cannot cancel

you literally cannot cancel. i found out immediately that the service did not work for me, immediately tried to cancel. there is no option to cancel anywhere, even if you google it, it gives instructions to click on things that do not exist on their website. you have to go thru chat (the chat is a bot only), and you tell the bot you want to cancel and they do not cancel, then proceed to bill you for a years worth of service. Absolute scam.
Richard
RichardSouth East Queensland, QLD11 posts

Hard to cancel, bad latency

Initially cancelled fine and was told a service rep would contact me, but now 24h later a bot contacted me begging to keep the subscription! And the amount of junk mail I'm already getting from these guys telling me all about their benefits is stupid. The closest server (Brisbane) introduced 150ms of latency! Granted my maximum speed was slightly higher than normal when using speedtest. But due to the increased latency, page responsiveness was noticeably decreased.
Fred Houlahan
Fred HoulahanWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Good VPN

Works really and is easy to use. Support staff are great
Francis
Francis
  Fair Incentive

Mixed experiences

I use PureVPN on my mobile phone only. Quick connection with good download speed, but don't attempt to change any of the default settings. It would fail to connect. Nevertheless, great price in such a competitive VPN market.
Lee K.
Lee K.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA3 posts

Pleased I have persevered with it...working really well at last

I have used Pure VPN for at least the last 3 years, and have been through many updates in that time. The latest version is working really well, with fastest download speeds to date, reliable connection, no drop outs, and very easy to use. Really good price as well. Very satisfied.