Pyrex Basic Glass Storage

Pyrex Basic Glass Storage

4.1

Tiziana
TizianaSydney Surrounds, NSW

The lids are bad quality

The glass containers are great but the lids are really poor quality. Mine all got ruined pretty quickly - and I wash by hands plus I don’t use the microwave. I wish there was an easier system to get replacements or, better, they were made to last longer

Purchased in March 2020.

Love the Storage containers but the lids just keep decreasing in value! Cheap poor quality lids.

Actually LOVE these and used to have the blue lids for my glass bowls and rectangular storage pieces, but had to replace at Pyrex outlet with White lids and that plastic is cheap and gets brittle too quickly. The old blue lids lasted longer were more rubber like and not so easily broken after just a few uses. I'm shopping on line now for replacement lids - my current set only lasted about a year whereas the originals lasted 10 years and the ones after that about 5 years - now we're down to super cheap lids that only last a year!!!

Purchased in May 2019 at burlington, WA Outlet Mall.

Thehonestreviewer
Thehonestreviewer

Love them

Easy to store away, no messy tubs everywhere I bought the rectangular set and I want to buy one more set. I love them they mahe the cupboard and fridge look neat.

Purchased in December 2019 at Big W Retail Stores.

Food Storage Containers

Find out how Pyrex Basic Glass Storage compares to other Food Storage Containers

Ken
KenSydney, NSW

Pyrex Glass Storage - Lids of Poor Quality materials - make them useless

I have purchased about all different shapes of Pyrex Glass Storage containers for food storage (Hot or Cold), they are good but the Lids are made out of poor quality Plastics that become brittle over time. Pyrex do not supply the replacement Lids to their distributors or retailers. Some upmarket replacement lids available but they are almost half the price of the complete continuers. Hence User has no alternatives but to through these away - Increasing the Environmental Junk and Pollution along with depleting resources.

Pyrex with such a reputation it is shame that they filed to consider the quality or to provide replacement Lids at Reasonable costs.

Purchased in January 2019 at Victoria's Basement Physical stores for $100.00.

annazianna
annaziannaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Useful and durable

I use their glass cooking bowls alot for things like keeping chopped onions or tomatoes next to the pan on the stove. They are very useful and unlike the plastic ones don't keep the smells on them. I particularly like the items in their watercolour range which seem to have become collectors items now. Would recommend.

Ash Australia
Ash AustraliaCanberra

Love, Love, Love

Purchased in August 2017 at Harris Scarfe for $50.00.

Ben
BenSydney, NSW

5 stars for the glass, 1 for the lid

If only the lids lasted half as long as the bowls themselves.

The lids are just not durable, they crack and fail after only a tiny fraction of the bowl's life. Seems such a waste to resort to cling-wrap, or worse to throw the whole lot out, when the lids fail. I now have some Decor glass containers, the lids seem a lot more durable - here's hoping...

Purchased in January 2016.

DRos
DRosSydney

Safe to use in Microwave !

I use both the Pyrex Glass storage and the plastic ones. But I always use the pyrex glass containers to re heat food in microwave as I read that there are possibly some harmful effects of using the plastic containers. They are easy to wash as well and do not get stained either like plastic ones.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Sandra
SandraSydney, NSW

Lids will fail, but replacement available in Sydney.

I have every size that Pyrex make in these storage containers. They have never been near the microwave, nor do I use a dishwasher, yet the lids break and will not seal. Even worse, replacement lids seem to be unavailable within Australia, and the only source I can find is to import them from the US at an unrealistic price. Very disappointed.

I am adding an update to my review. Only in the last few months have the agents for Pyrex imported replacement lids which are readily available in Sydney, Australia. Agents address is:
World Kitchen
29-31 O'Riordan St
Alexandria NSW
Ph: 02 9699 2470

They also stock a comprehensive range of Pyrex and Corelle products. A store worth visiting.

Date PurchasedApr 2012

Antoinette
AntoinetteLake Macquarie

Bad lids

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Frankie
FrankieAlburry

Perfect!

What I really like about this product is its design. Since the containers are made from glass, not plastic, they can be safely used when you're reheating using a microwave. They're also easier to cleaner compared to plastic containers.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
LittleGirlBlue
LittleGirlBlueVIC, 3089

Great healthy storage containers

These are really versatile storage containers. I love that they don't stain when tomato based foods are kept in them. I've never had a problem with them absorbing smells either.
They are really strong - I've never chipped any, and they get treated pretty roughly in this house. Pyrex make great quality products.
Strong, environmentally friendly food storage
Heavy and can be difficult to store if you have a mixture of shapes.

Rockn
RocknVictoria, 3030

versatile and strong.

These storage containers are great, because they are made from glass and not plastic, they are healthier to use in the microwave when reheating or cooking. you can use them to make packet pastas or heat up spaghetti, or leftovers.
They also come with an easy to put on and take off lid which does not leak, so you can take your food with you.
There are a range of sizes to suit all occasions.
I found they didn't stain, or retain any smell from cooking, and easy to clean.
easy to clean, don't smell, versatile, great for taking food with you

nataliepr
natalieprNSW, 2111

Good

TheFamilyMan
TheFamilyMan
Sada
SadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This is a great product which gets a lot of usage in my kitchen. I use it nearly daily to keep food in and to serve in as well. I use it in the dishwasher, I put the lid on the top shelf and the glass container in the bottom shelf. This product comes in a couple of colours, dark blue and red and also in rounds and rectangles. It also comes in various sizes too. Overall, its a great product for food storage, but you just have to be a bit careful because of the glass.
This is a lovely storage product. It can be easily cleaned in the dishwasher and it can be used in the microwave too.
It is made out of glass, so I think it can be break, so that risk is always there because there are no handles to hold onto.