Qantas Cash

Qantas Cash

See the Best Travel Money Cards in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Elizabeth41

Elizabeth41AU

Qantas let me down again

Qantas Cash had a promotion that if you loaded a minimum of $2,500 onto your card you'd receive 1500 points I just needed a few more points so I could upgrade my next flight, so decided to do it. I waited a couple of weeks the points didn't come through. I contacted Qantas only to be told that you don't receive the points for six to eight weeks after the promotion finishes. it's so disappointing that is not at all clear on the front page where they make that offer, because otherwise I would not have loaded money onto my account at a time when thes Australian dollar was so low. I did it just for the points but won't receive the points in time. Qantas disappoints again.

CurrencyCAD

Jeremy J.

Jeremy J.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fees are hidden in poor exchange rate

After a successful trip to NZ using Qantas Money all the way I was keen to try it again on a trip to Bali and Lombok. However after encountering difficulties with the card at a hotel and being forced to use my backup credit card, the stark reality of Qantas Money came to light. Inclusive of fees, two similar sized transactions (one on Westpac Altitude MasterCard and one on Qantas Money) had cost almost 10% more on Qantas Money. Despite Westpac charging me 3% and Qantas Money not attracting a fee, the poor exchange rate offered by Qantas Money made the difference. Suffice to say I immediately unloaded my QM card and have been using the Westpac card ever since.

F64VAL

F64VALMelbourne

Not user friendly

Very hard to login. PAINFUL process
UNable to get my auto payments setup. When I 1st applied for the card I specifically told them i was with a smaller credit union. Yet once the card arrived they could not set up the auto re-payment which Was the only
Misleading online statements
Rubbish customer service just say what you want to hear

transferred money from the card to my external bank account and it still hasn't arrived in my bank

Never, EVER, use Qantas money

Ian Kloner

Ian KlonerSydney, NSW

Bad Service

Unable to get verificaton sorted for more that 6 days despite visiting Aus Post and provding passports
No such thing as 24/7 support. No wekend support
Overseas customer care. No Australian Call centre and all they can tell you is that the relevant team is looking into it. They cant put you through to relevant team as it is outsourced
Would never use this company ago

lortet

lortetMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Credit card with perks but oh so inflexible and difficult to deal with

The card works but has some really stupid features. As an airline based card, should be optimised for international use? - No - to access the card online requires (no choices) a working phone for a security code, therefore, if in a country without much of a network, or if you choose not to bother with a phone on holidays - no access. Even at home, after account number surname, PIN and security code - to look at a statement requires a further password. Finally - no email or message contact, has to be by phone - NO CUSTOMER SERVICE to speak of.

Anonymous

AnonymousSydney

Appalling customer service

Bpayed money onto my card 6 weeks ago when overseas. It left my bank but never got onto the card. Got home, called qantas 10 times. 3 weeks ago they said theyd return it. Still waiting... Never using this card again ever.

CurrencyJPY

John J

John JGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worked Perfectly In UK and Europe

CurrencyEUR and GBP

Worst Custmoer Service

For no reason, my card got locked three days ago, I tried to ring and I didn't have any luck, emailed them and got a reply as they need to talk to me, I provided my contact details and answered every single question they asked, however they didn't reply.

I have tried calling this morning and the service won't let me get past my date of birth, and kept me going in loop for no reason.

Finaly, by following a different way I have got in touch with a customer serivce officer, who didn't answer any questions, instead he was blaming everyone else, he looked like he didn't know what he was talking about.

Don't bother and find another card

Ina

InaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Stranded without money

Mat Kundt

Mat KundtGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Did not work in Europe and Asia, customer service did not return call for a week.

CurrencyEUR, HKD and NZD

SueSSydney Surrounds, NSW

Terrible customer service with locked card

I had a problem with the card being locked in Italy. Despite 4 emails, I have still not received a response nearly one month later. I recommend taking an alternative card (which I did, fortunately). I would have been stranded otherwise. The help line involves long wait times and very expensive call costs - I gave up. I have tried calling now that I'm back in Australia and the service won't let me get past my DOB. Keeps returning me to the identifying loop of questions. HOPELESS! Will never use again.

wallabyholtze

wallabyholtzeDarwin, NT

Next to useless

Does not reconize my PIN if I want to obtain cash at an ATM. Can only use it for small purchases at tap and go as my PIN does not work. Have sent emails requesting help but have not received any reply.

Marek P.

Marek P.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Thankfully haven't left for our trip yet

Lhy

LhySydney, NSW

Communication is poor

Trying to get in touch with anyone on this is useless. The concept is a good idea but sometimes there are glitches in the time it takes to reload/unload funds. I would recommend a back-up plan and travel with cash as well

CurrencyGBP

Steve P.

Steve P.Sydney, NSW

Look elsewhere

Qantas Travel Card is a dud a total waist of time

I traveled to UK, Portugal & Spain and tried to withdraw money 5 different locations and banks with no luck.
When I returned home I rang the unhelp line and received no help.
Unlike the NAB travel card worked great and got overseas assistance.

Vanessa

VanessaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Card doesn't work. Terrible experience with this card.

I travelled to Germany and tried to use the card at an ATM, but the card doesn't work. ATM asked
for the PIN then rejects the card straight away without asking for: CREDIT or SAVINGS. Qantas Cash
Cards are rubbish and don't work in Germany. Error message comes up: Your bank declined your withdrawal request (there were more than 1800 Euros in it). This is false advertising - I was stranded in Europe without being able to access my Euros. Very frustrating, had to call from overseas their Call Centre and waited more than 10 minutes - staff very rude and unprofessional. DO NOT USE AND RELY ON THIS CARD - YOU WILL BE OVERSEAS WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO USE IT.

Dav W

Dav WSydney

Rubbish

CurrencyTHB

Wallabibear

Wallabibearasked

Just before I departed from Japan at an ATM I checked the JPY balances for my wifes and my card Thinking that when I got back to Australia I would cash out the remaining JPY to Australian dollars and then transfer that back to my Australian bank account
however upon returning to Australia I opened the app and the website but could not find my JPY balances anywhere and hence I could not convert it back to Australian dollars , What has happened to the remaining JPY I had in the purse whilst I was in Japan ?

SueS

go on to their helpline - you will EVENTUALLY get to talk to someone - I had to request a special form to be sent to me to cash out my money - my card had been locked and it was a torturous process

Rex Paineasked

What are the steps I follow to withdraw money from atm

Lozza

Hi, the card is just like a normal bank card. You insert the card and follow the prompts, enter your pin no. and the amount you need to withdraw. You can choose what currency to withdraw in if overseas. You will be charged an amount to withdraw cash of approx. $1.95 AUD. Of course, you must have the cash in your account first though. We found it better to use the card when purchasing larger items or meals to avoid the $1.95 fee for cash. But of course you do need some cash for smaller purchases.

Rex Paine

So I choose the credit option not savings or any other option?

Julie C.

Julie C.asked

how do I sign in to see how much money I have

Steve Belton

Julie C, I would not touch Qantas cash with a bargepole. They left me high and dry on a recent trip to Vietnam when I couldn't use my and my partners card. Their Customer care leaves a lot to be desired. It has taken me 2 weeks to get the cash out of our cards. Try some other cash card!

Lozza

If you have the Qantas App on your phone, it shows how much balance you have left

Oz Rowlands
Oz Rowlands

Yes, but you can only see it after youve been verified through a text. Not much good if youre not using international roaming while os