Qantas Cash

Qantas Cash

• Competitive Exchange Rate Yes (17) · No (32)
Liz

LizSydney, NSW

Customer service is ridiculous. Don't waste your time.

Tried for 2 hours to speak with a human about my car's. Every operator in the Philippines hung up on me when transfering the call. That's 12x they hung up. Absolutely horrified by this terrible lack of service.

Daniel

DanielBrisbane

Physical card replacement policy designed for trouble

They issue the replacement card at the last possible moment, or even after.
They do not let you modify your card expiry date by ordering a new card.
They do not use the address on the qantas travel money website.
The replacement card takes 10-14 business days to replace, this isn't even a worst case, it actually takes that long.
I told them I needed it by Christmas and now I have no card to spend money on.
Wish I could switch to the Virgin one but they're closing down.

Slow as a wet week

I transfered money from qantas card to bank account and am still waiting 5 days later. To slow for me . I don’t understand why it is so Slow . I’m done with qantas travel card

Stacey

StaceyFar North Queensland, QLD

Went from 5 star to 1 star

CurrencyEUR and GBP
Ray

Raymelbourne

Worst CS, points are all incorrect

Disregard the point-earning rate is crap, its calculation is also incorrect.

I've sent a secured mail and ask why my points were not as expected, and I have pointed out how I calculated on the sep statement. They only replied with an email from its template that didn't even address the problem.

I then called them. The CS told me that it takes 6-8 weeks from the date of the transaction for the points to be received. Again, the question was not answered. I showed him how I calculate the points. He doesn't even bother to try to understand. He just repeated the same thing again.

It's not many points. But they can rip off me, they can rip off every one. I think Qantas should reconsider this product, it's damaging your brand.

Adz

AdzAU

If there was an option for zero...

Transactions declined when trying to pay for groceries online, recharge my pre-paid plan & when in-store at several small retailers. There service team always say they believe the transactions are fraudulent!!!

Val Cochrane

Val CochraneLyons 2606, ACT

Tried to check balance for some reason had to log in then not recognizing information then had to change login pin. Why does this happen ? Has now happened several times in the last few months. Seriously considering giving up this card not the only problem I've had lately

Qantas Money Debit Card

Does't even deserve 1 Star - horrible; this has been going on for almost 2 years. It does not recognize majority of vendors. Shifted to using Virgin Debit Card - app. which is good; unfortunately, in current close down stopped using, not sure if the company will be around in 2020/21?

whyohwhy

whyohwhy

non existent customer service

non existent customer service. I dispute a transaction and Ayush Gupta never even read my dispute before rejecting my dispute claim. Why bother even having a dispute process if no one even bothers to read anything.

Frequent Flyer

This card is for the same people who buy foreign cash at airports.

Poor customer service, missing money, shocking exchange rates, not able to be used at many businesses overseas, long transfer times (up to 8 weeks to go into your account) and having to deal with Filipino call centre when something goes wrong (and it will) who read from a script and have no authority to actually do anything. Why would you bother? If you want a Qantas card that works, apply for one from the Big 4 banks, it will work and yes you pay fees, but it works out heaps cheaper. I swapped to my banks Qantas M/C 2 years ago and travelled to 18 countries with no problems, this card I had for mainly the US and Europe and spent $354 on phone calls and was stuck a number of times because it wouldn't work.

CurrencyEUR, GBP and USD
David K.

David K.Sydney, NSW

Poor product and awful service

I really do not know why Qantas is associated with the bank that provides this service. Was on hold for an hour and then they cut me off. On two occasions when I loaded money the funds were deducted from my bank account but not credited to the Qantas Money card. Unable to get hold of their call centre which must be severely understaffed.

ARB

ARBPerth, WA

High Hidden Fees

The hidden fees are ridiculously high compared to other available products. Yes there are attractive perks but trust me you are paying a high price for them. Do your research and look at other card options well in advance of your O/S trip.

CurrencyNZD
Tom

TomSouth East Queensland, QLD

The worst credit card provider I've dealt with... avoid at all costs

1) There application process is far more convoluted than any other provider.
2) They do not let you export your current month and previous month's transactions in CSV format. Only offering the content in PDF statements. This means at any point in time you can never reconcile your credit card statement in Excel.
3) They ask for your password in the application (after you are already logged in via your PIN) just to access your statements.

Viviana O.

Viviana O.South East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely terrible. Wouldn’t recommend

The card isn’t working and neither are the app, website and customer service. Don’t even bother getting one card. You will stuck at your airport and will not be able to do anything

David S.

David S.North Queensland, QLD

No customer support if there's trouble- avoid at all costs

Even if you could get a better rate with Qantas money vs a bank I would suggest you pay a premium to go with a bank which is likely to have decent 24/7 customer support. I dealt with an issue of fraud and you can call Qantas Money and speak to a Philippines call centre- whereas most banks have 24/7 fraud departments in Australia with very professional and helpful people. I was left high and dry by Qantas because they clearly contract out the work to people who aren't trained to deal with problems outside of their scripts.

This is not Qantas's core business and it really is diabolical, stick with some real financial institutions or companies that do this as their business.

ABGSydney, NSW

Don't waste your time & money, a product that stains the Qantas name!

Chris

ChrisPerth, WA

Poor exchange rate!

Brief review, think about using you banks Mastercard/Visa debit travel card as this facility just uses MC/V exchange rate plus add their substanstial margin to create a very bad exchange rate.

CurrencyAED and EUR
Mick

MickHunter Region, NSW

No problems with Card

Having traveled to Canada & USA over the past 6 years & have had only one issue with card thus far & that was with an ATM in Canada when short changed ($50 instead of $60). I have never used the Qantas card as a "holding" card in hotels but used my bank credit card for this purpose & payed the bill on checkout with Qantas card. Overall a good product

CurrencyCAD and USD
Joseph M.

Joseph M.Sydney, NSW

A great money card to use

I have been to Singapore on two occasions using QC and never had a problem both at the ATM and in shop. I have always loaded my card a couple of months before traveling so money was always there in the estimated time they gave. I never used customer service cause I never had a problem. A great product

CurrencySGD

ASCSouth East Queensland, QLD

The worst ever! Beware of the fraudulent and lack of customer service

Ok, so I have had a few issues with this company but I kept giving them chances. The customer service is in some US state and not Australian. Terrible and deceptive. They have taken my money and said I had a negative balance which I did not and was not showing as a negative balance on any of their platforms. I still could not access the funds even explaining an emergency. Apparently an overseas hotel charged my card months after staying and they honoured it without any chance of me disputing it months later. They left me stranded in a city with a toddler because I deposited money due to the bushfire emergency and they would not let me withdraw it. Just misleading and deceptive and I hope that Australian authorities step in soon