Qantas Cash

Qantas Cash

• Competitive Exchange Rate Yes (16) · No (28)

David S.

David S.North Queensland, QLD

No customer support if there's trouble- avoid at all costs

Even if you could get a better rate with Qantas money vs a bank I would suggest you pay a premium to go with a bank which is likely to have decent 24/7 customer support. I dealt with an issue of fraud and you can call Qantas Money and speak to a Philippines call centre- whereas most banks have 24/7 fraud departments in Australia with very professional and helpful people. I was left high and dry by Qantas because they clearly contract out the work to people who aren't trained to deal with problems outside of their scripts.

This is not Qantas's core business and it really is diabolical, stick with some real financial institutions or companies that do this as their business.

ABG

ABGSydney, NSW

Don't waste your time & money, a product that stains the Qantas name!

Chris

ChrisPerth, WA

Poor exchange rate!

Brief review, think about using you banks Mastercard/Visa debit travel card as this facility just uses MC/V exchange rate plus add their substanstial margin to create a very bad exchange rate.

CurrencyAED and EUR
Mick

MickHunter Region, NSW

No problems with Card

Having traveled to Canada & USA over the past 6 years & have had only one issue with card thus far & that was with an ATM in Canada when short changed ($50 instead of $60). I have never used the Qantas card as a "holding" card in hotels but used my bank credit card for this purpose & payed the bill on checkout with Qantas card. Overall a good product

CurrencyCAD and USD

Joseph M.Sydney, NSW

A great money card to use

I have been to Singapore on two occasions using QC and never had a problem both at the ATM and in shop. I have always loaded my card a couple of months before traveling so money was always there in the estimated time they gave. I never used customer service cause I never had a problem. A great product

CurrencySGD

AmandaSouth East Queensland, QLD

The worst ever! Beware of the fraudulent and lack of customer service

Ok, so I have had a few issues with this company but I kept giving them chances. The customer service is in some US state and not Australian. Terrible and deceptive. They have taken my money and said I had a negative balance which I did not and was not showing as a negative balance on any of their platforms. I still could not access the funds even explaining an emergency. Apparently an overseas hotel charged my card months after staying and they honoured it without any chance of me disputing it months later. They left me stranded in a city with a toddler because I deposited money due to the bushfire emergency and they would not let me withdraw it. Just misleading and deceptive and I hope that Australian authorities step in soon

Fraudulent activity on account

Somehow someone used my card number only (without the card, exp date or 3 digit number) to made 16 purchases in Sydney last week. QC sent an email 24 hours after the purchases asking me to verify the purchases. I rang CS and advised them that the purchases were not mine and decline the funds leaving my bank. The manager advised me the transactions would be declined.
I contacted the police and made an official police report for the fraudulent transactions.
Even though QC had placed a temp hold on my account, they still released the funds for the fraudulent purchases the next day anyway.
CS is located in Manilla and is basically script driven.
I would not recommend this product.

Blake K.

Blake K.South East Queensland, QLD

Just checked my balance and I seem to have lost the $200 I had stored on the card. My balance is now $4.

I travelled to Thailand a few years ago and kept Thai currency on the card. 2 years ago I checked the balance and decided to continue to leave the cash on the card to see if Thai baht exchange became more favourable. My money has since disappeared off the card.

CurrencyTHB

Elizabeth41

Elizabeth41AU

Qantas let me down again

Qantas Cash had a promotion that if you loaded a minimum of $2,500 onto your card you'd receive 1500 points I just needed a few more points so I could upgrade my next flight, so decided to do it. I waited a couple of weeks the points didn't come through. I contacted Qantas only to be told that you don't receive the points for six to eight weeks after the promotion finishes. it's so disappointing that is not at all clear on the front page where they make that offer, because otherwise I would not have loaded money onto my account at a time when thes Australian dollar was so low. I did it just for the points but won't receive the points in time. Qantas disappoints again.

CurrencyCAD
Jeremy J.

Jeremy J.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fees are hidden in poor exchange rate

After a successful trip to NZ using Qantas Money all the way I was keen to try it again on a trip to Bali and Lombok. However after encountering difficulties with the card at a hotel and being forced to use my backup credit card, the stark reality of Qantas Money came to light. Inclusive of fees, two similar sized transactions (one on Westpac Altitude MasterCard and one on Qantas Money) had cost almost 10% more on Qantas Money. Despite Westpac charging me 3% and Qantas Money not attracting a fee, the poor exchange rate offered by Qantas Money made the difference. Suffice to say I immediately unloaded my QM card and have been using the Westpac card ever since.

F64VAL

F64VALMelbourne

Not user friendly

Very hard to login. PAINFUL process
UNable to get my auto payments setup. When I 1st applied for the card I specifically told them i was with a smaller credit union. Yet once the card arrived they could not set up the auto re-payment which Was the only
Misleading online statements
Rubbish customer service just say what you want to hear

transferred money from the card to my external bank account and it still hasn't arrived in my bank

Never, EVER, use Qantas money

Ian Kloner

Ian KlonerSydney, NSW

Bad Service

Unable to get verificaton sorted for more that 6 days despite visiting Aus Post and provding passports
No such thing as 24/7 support. No wekend support
Overseas customer care. No Australian Call centre and all they can tell you is that the relevant team is looking into it. They cant put you through to relevant team as it is outsourced
Would never use this company ago

lortet

lortetMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Credit card with perks but oh so inflexible and difficult to deal with

The card works but has some really stupid features. As an airline based card, should be optimised for international use? - No - to access the card online requires (no choices) a working phone for a security code, therefore, if in a country without much of a network, or if you choose not to bother with a phone on holidays - no access. Even at home, after account number surname, PIN and security code - to look at a statement requires a further password. Finally - no email or message contact, has to be by phone - NO CUSTOMER SERVICE to speak of.

Anonymous

AnonymousSydney

Appalling customer service

Bpayed money onto my card 6 weeks ago when overseas. It left my bank but never got onto the card. Got home, called qantas 10 times. 3 weeks ago they said theyd return it. Still waiting... Never using this card again ever.

CurrencyJPY

John J

John JGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worked Perfectly In UK and Europe

CurrencyEUR and GBP

Worst Custmoer Service

For no reason, my card got locked three days ago, I tried to ring and I didn't have any luck, emailed them and got a reply as they need to talk to me, I provided my contact details and answered every single question they asked, however they didn't reply.

I have tried calling this morning and the service won't let me get past my date of birth, and kept me going in loop for no reason.

Finaly, by following a different way I have got in touch with a customer serivce officer, who didn't answer any questions, instead he was blaming everyone else, he looked like he didn't know what he was talking about.

Don't bother and find another card

Ina

InaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Stranded without money

Mat Kundt

Mat KundtGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Did not work in Europe and Asia, customer service did not return call for a week.

CurrencyEUR, HKD and NZD

Michelle M.asked

Money has been taken out of my husbands account without his knowledge, and we are overseas at the moment. What can be done?

Joseph M.

You have a number at the back of the card and call them up and explain you situation

Thank you.

Marilyn

Marilynasked

I have a qantas cash card and account and would like to know if it is possible to obtain another card for my account so that my husband can use it too. Thanks.

Amanda

No it’s not. The card is very inflexible

Joseph M.

No as far as I know you can't but you might as well get one for you husband there are ways to get it free if you google it so that he can also accumulate frequent flyer points as well and the points can be gifted to each other. When we go overseas we always use the one card but my wife just got hers for when she does shopping to accumulate more points. I also would like to point out that we have never encountered any difficulties using this card overseas

Wallabibear

Wallabibearasked

Just before I departed from Japan at an ATM I checked the JPY balances for my wifes and my card Thinking that when I got back to Australia I would cash out the remaining JPY to Australian dollars and then transfer that back to my Australian bank account
however upon returning to Australia I opened the app and the website but could not find my JPY balances anywhere and hence I could not convert it back to Australian dollars , What has happened to the remaining JPY I had in the purse whilst I was in Japan ?

SueS
SueS

go on to their helpline - you will EVENTUALLY get to talk to someone - I had to request a special form to be sent to me to cash out my money - my card had been locked and it was a torturous process

Other Travel Money Cards