• Rates and Fees
Zztop

ZztopQueensland

Reliable and effective

I've been with QSuper over 20 years. It has very low fees, extremely good performance and easy online access. You can check your balance and it shows your balance daily changes (not just weekly) and you can change your investments any time without any fees. The change takes effect in 2 working days (not in 10 days like some other like HESTA). You can pick any of 16 different investment options or make your own mix. I'm surprised about some bad reviews, especially for customer service. I needed to call them only twice but both times I got help within 5 minutes.

Hal55

Hal55

I thought they were good, but not now.

I've been with the fund for twenty years and always thought they were good until today. I'm retired and my balance is about to drop below a threshold amount they introduced in 2019, and I've been told I either cant touch my money or I have to close the account. Amazingly they still claim to be run for their members and they are not for profit. They were happy to have my account for twenty years, and now it's a case of "get lost". Really unhappy at being treated this way after being with them so long.

Tim

TimSouth East Queensland, QLD

31 minute wait on hold and still no one answered...

Do not sign up with this useless company. They are uncontactable. After a 31 minute wait on hold and still nobody answers I finally hung up. Stay away they do not want your business.

DamianSouth East Queensland, QLD

I will probably die before I get any resolution from QSuper.

Brizzygrl

BrizzygrlBrisbane

Gone backwards

I have been with Qsuper 35 years. It use to be a great fund but like all government run departments has gone backwards. Terrible customer service. I lost money through their incompetence and they appear to employ a lot of people who have basic knowledge . Don't ask anything out of the ordinary or you likely will be given misinformation

Satisfied member

Satisfied memberGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Is this superannuation nirvana?

Very good

Have done quite a bit of research on superannuation companies and have found QSuper to offer the best return on my money. Their website is very well organised and navigation is excellent. Service is also brilliant. Would recommend to fellow Aussies.

eman h.

eman h.South East Queensland, QLD

great offer and great service

The staff are always friendly and very helpful, I find their fees are lower than most other Super funds too and Ive definitely recommended it to others as a very good option.

LouiseSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible systems and customer service

I joined recently. My first employer contribution went in and somehow the system adjusted my name to someone elses name. Ive called several times for an update on when it will be resolved but am told they dont know when and to just keep calling back. I cant get my money refunded until it is resolved. This has been an awful experience.

Thanks Mark, I have messaged you

dan801

dan801Queensland

Gone downhill since being opened up to the public

I’ve been with them for 16 as a mandatory superfund for my work. The fund has always only been open to government employees until very recently. With this change (as expected) the fund has gone downhill, poor customer service, refusal to pay insurance claims, slow to process requests. The last change of investment mix request took over a week for example. Sending in manual forms never get processed. They need to take a long hard look at their decision to open their doors if they can’t cope with the extra members

urbandesigner

urbandesignerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great experience with QSuper since 2004

I have to say, I don't relate to any of the negative reviews on this site about QSuper. I joined QSuper in 2004 and have only had good experiences. My super has always done well, and in the last 18 months I've needed to access the income protection - which I never knew anything about, really. I'm glad it was an opt-out insurance - when I was younger, I might have been tempted to do just that and not have the support I now need and receive. The staff are always friendly and very helpful, and the fees are the lowest around. I'd definitely recommend QSuper - my husband is now even moving from AMP after 26 years!

Jim

JimSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very poor customer service & their online system often has technical issues which makes it hard to invest...

Asked for refund of fees due to their system being down without warning.
They advised they wouldn't provide any refund even though they hadn't provided me with the service.
Only been with them a short period and have been screwed over from the start.

Terrible, get away

Terrible customer service, extended times of inaction and general incompetence. They lied on the phone to cover up mistakes. Get out as soon as you can, a self managed super fund is a little more work but is a much better solution than this circus.

Inadequate service.

Was not interested in finding any solution. A sub-standard service that had little regard to the client's needs or problem solving the query. Totally not helpful in assisting their client.

Wendy

A lot too late I would say Amie.
Again this tells me you're being consistent in providing a poor service.

Frances

FrancesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very slow in processing form

It has taken six weeks and still waiting to have a simple form (Claim to vary a deduction for personal super contribution) processed. In the meantime Q Super is holding on to a tax deduction of $2200 in my account. I can't put in my tax return until this form is processed. Each time I ring I am told they can't tell me how much longer. They are obviously understaffed if they can't keep up with the volume. While they have had good returns in the past, I suspect things are changing due to the recent changes and increase in membership.

Kylie

KylieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Happy with the returns and customer service. Particularly at the management end.

Anthony

AnthonyBrisbane, Queensland

Do not walk. Run.

Member of over 10 years. QSuper is an organisation that expands and adds junk insurance to your account directly against your specified wishes: then hides under legal cover. Watch your statements closely and expect the addition of unwanted charges, particularly "income protection insurance". If you are a busy working person, best to avoid QSuper in the first place to avoid the hassle.

Pidgie

Pidgie

Yep....its the muppet show

I have been a member for 13 years and in recent years I have noticed a definite decrease in customer service accompanied by an increase in razzle-dazzle advertising. So it starts like Kermit the Frog coming out giving the show a big plug but ends like those two old guys in the box whinging. In this week's special show, I spent two hours on hold before I spoke to a customer service officer. I have sent three emails but have not received any response, despite QSuper saying that they response to emails within three days. No they don't. Meanwhile, I hear all about their commitment to supporting the community in their warm-and- fuzzy-glow radio advertising.

Terrible customer service

After spending half an hour on the phone, listening to the same repetitive ad over and over like a brainwashing exercise, I finally gave up. Terrible customer service. Very frustrating

WORST COMPANY

Qsuper is terrible and their services should never be used by anyone. Their cinema advertising is disgusting and I hate their company. No one should ever trust their business or anyone who works there.

katie

katieasked

Why has my qsuper income account performed so badly over the last month.

Hi Katie,

Thanks for reaching out to us on Product Review.

We would be happy to take a look at your account and check how your funds are invested.

If this is something you would like us to do, please send us a private message via product review with your full name, date of birth and client number or address and we’ll be in touch.

Embeeasked

I was told by a Qsuper employee that I couldn’t make a TPD claim until I have paid back income protection payments over 2 1/2 months made to me before I was cleared for workcover payments, which was impossible because of bills that had mounted during that time in which I had to pay with my workcover backpay over the same period. I have 3 young children and needed to pay bills that had piled in those first months so as not to become bankrupt. I have suffered a major injury and since had surgery and am still on reduced WC payments. I asked the QSuper representative if that money could be accessed from my account as I am certainly a candidate to process with a TPD claim and received a resounding NO! This was surprising as my account had thousands in premiums taken out in a month without my knowledge in the months that I had been paid income protection. Is this really the case QSuper? As I think it’s unfair.

Hi Embee,

Thank you for reaching out to us on Product Review.

I apologise for not responding to you sooner.

Do you still require assistance? If so, we would like the opportunity to investigate this further for you.

Hi Amie,

Yes that would be great if you could please investigate my issue as mentioned in my previous message, I was going to engage someone else to do this as I think it is very unfair considering my/our circumstances. Also the high premium dollars that have been withdrawn from account last year without my knowledge is something else I want to be looked into. Last year was such a hard one both physically and financially and we are doing it tough at present so any relief
or good news in regards to these issues would be so very welcomed. I have been disappointed to say the least and these obstacles have just added to everything.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your reply. I’m sorry to hear of your experience.

So I can look into this for you as soon as possible, could you please send us a private message via Product Review? I just need to confirm your personal details requested above in order to verify and locate your account.

Alternatively, you can also send me an email at qsuper@qsuper.qld.gov.au.

Once I’ve been able to verify your details I’ll be able to look into the matter for you.

You may wish to remove your client number from your comment above for your privacy, as we are unable to do this on our end.

Speak soon,

Robasked

QSuper won’t let me consolidate my account in a rollover to an other state without hitting me with a substantial penalty. How come when state to state is a no fee option.

Rob

I’m really not surprised that there hasn’t been a response to this question. Hard to defend a position which is so evidently wrong. I’ll try taking this up with the state ombudsman.

Hi Rob,

Thank you for reaching out to us on Product Review.

We’ve recently begun monitoring this website and we apologise for not responding to you sooner.

Amie

Get an answer from our members and QSuper representatives

Other Public Sector Superannuation Funds