QSuper

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)
  • Rates and Fees

Very good

Have done quite a bit of research on superannuation companies and have found QSuper to offer the best return on my money. Their website is very well organised and navigation is excellent. Service is also brilliant. Would recommend to fellow Aussies.

Rates and Fees

eman h.

eman h.South East Queensland, QLD

great offer and great service

The staff are always friendly and very helpful, I find their fees are lower than most other Super funds too and Ive definitely recommended it to others as a very good option.

Rates and Fees

LouiseSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible systems and customer service

I joined recently. My first employer contribution went in and somehow the system adjusted my name to someone elses name. Ive called several times for an update on when it will be resolved but am told they dont know when and to just keep calling back. I cant get my money refunded until it is resolved. This has been an awful experience.

Thanks Mark, I have messaged you

dan801

dan801Queensland

Gone downhill since being opened up to the public

I’ve been with them for 16 as a mandatory superfund for my work. The fund has always only been open to government employees until very recently. With this change (as expected) the fund has gone downhill, poor customer service, refusal to pay insurance claims, slow to process requests. The last change of investment mix request took over a week for example. Sending in manual forms never get processed. They need to take a long hard look at their decision to open their doors if they can’t cope with the extra members

urbandesigner

urbandesignerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great experience with QSuper since 2004

I have to say, I don't relate to any of the negative reviews on this site about QSuper. I joined QSuper in 2004 and have only had good experiences. My super has always done well, and in the last 18 months I've needed to access the income protection - which I never knew anything about, really. I'm glad it was an opt-out insurance - when I was younger, I might have been tempted to do just that and not have the support I now need and receive. The staff are always friendly and very helpful, and the fees are the lowest around. I'd definitely recommend QSuper - my husband is now even moving from AMP after 26 years!

Jim

JimSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very poor customer service & their online system often has technical issues which makes it hard to invest...

Asked for refund of fees due to their system being down without warning.
They advised they wouldn't provide any refund even though they hadn't provided me with the service.
Only been with them a short period and have been screwed over from the start.

Terrible, get away

Terrible customer service, extended times of inaction and general incompetence. They lied on the phone to cover up mistakes. Get out as soon as you can, a self managed super fund is a little more work but is a much better solution than this circus.

Inadequate service.

Was not interested in finding any solution. A sub-standard service that had little regard to the client's needs or problem solving the query. Totally not helpful in assisting their client.

Wendy

A lot too late I would say Amie.
Again this tells me you're being consistent in providing a poor service.

Frances

FrancesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very slow in processing form

It has taken six weeks and still waiting to have a simple form (Claim to vary a deduction for personal super contribution) processed. In the meantime Q Super is holding on to a tax deduction of $2200 in my account. I can't put in my tax return until this form is processed. Each time I ring I am told they can't tell me how much longer. They are obviously understaffed if they can't keep up with the volume. While they have had good returns in the past, I suspect things are changing due to the recent changes and increase in membership.

Kylie

KylieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Happy with the returns and customer service. Particularly at the management end.

Anthony

AnthonyBrisbane, Queensland

Do not walk. Run.

Member of over 10 years. QSuper is an organisation that expands and adds junk insurance to your account directly against your specified wishes: then hides under legal cover. Watch your statements closely and expect the addition of unwanted charges, particularly "income protection insurance". If you are a busy working person, best to avoid QSuper in the first place to avoid the hassle.

Pidgie

Pidgie

Yep....its the muppet show

I have been a member for 13 years and in recent years I have noticed a definite decrease in customer service accompanied by an increase in razzle-dazzle advertising. So it starts like Kermit the Frog coming out giving the show a big plug but ends like those two old guys in the box whinging. In this week's special show, I spent two hours on hold before I spoke to a customer service officer. I have sent three emails but have not received any response, despite QSuper saying that they response to emails within three days. No they don't. Meanwhile, I hear all about their commitment to supporting the community in their warm-and- fuzzy-glow radio advertising.

Terrible customer service

After spending half an hour on the phone, listening to the same repetitive ad over and over like a brainwashing exercise, I finally gave up. Terrible customer service. Very frustrating

WORST COMPANY

Qsuper is terrible and their services should never be used by anyone. Their cinema advertising is disgusting and I hate their company. No one should ever trust their business or anyone who works there.

steph

stephSouth East Queensland, QLD

Beware of QInvest's poor advice (if you can get any service at all)

mthom75

mthom75

Terrible

In my experience customer service was terrible by phone and it got much worse after I tried to complain. I believe that when consolidating Super people need to be very careful about insurance, that they remain covered at all times and for the same level of cover as previously held.

Sterpz

Sterpz

Won't let me transfer my money to another fund.

QSuper won't let me consolidate my super to another fund unless I supply them with a separation certificate which I am unable to do as I was casually employed.
Apparently I can request a transfer through the ATO through the myGov website, fingers crossed this works.

Adrian48

Adrian48None of your business

Insurance arm is a disgrace

Pathetic. Took near two months to obtain a quote for Income Protection Insurance, during that time they put the insurance in place without my approval. They ignored the Medical Report and decided I had a medical condition that the medical report said I did not. It took many times to point this out, but was ignored.
The Superannuation side is good, and rated so by Canstan, however their branch out in to Insurance is very much being run by people with minimal to nil experience in Insurance. Stay with the Industry experts when it comes to Insurance and avoid QSuper. You don't buy bread from a Butcher, don't buy Insurance from a Superannuation company

Leianne

LeianneBrisbane

Process gaps lead to delays in accessing Superannuation entitlements

The worst of humanity

katie

katieasked

Why has my qsuper income account performed so badly over the last month.

Hi Katie,

Thanks for reaching out to us on Product Review.

We would be happy to take a look at your account and check how your funds are invested.

If this is something you would like us to do, please send us a private message via product review with your full name, date of birth and client number or address and we’ll be in touch.

Embeeasked

I was told by a Qsuper employee that I couldn’t make a TPD claim until I have paid back income protection payments over 2 1/2 months made to me before I was cleared for workcover payments, which was impossible because of bills that had mounted during that time in which I had to pay with my workcover backpay over the same period. I have 3 young children and needed to pay bills that had piled in those first months so as not to become bankrupt. I have suffered a major injury and since had surgery and am still on reduced WC payments. I asked the QSuper representative if that money could be accessed from my account as I am certainly a candidate to process with a TPD claim and received a resounding NO! This was surprising as my account had thousands in premiums taken out in a month without my knowledge in the months that I had been paid income protection. Is this really the case QSuper? As I think it’s unfair.

Hi Embee,

Thank you for reaching out to us on Product Review.

I apologise for not responding to you sooner.

Do you still require assistance? If so, we would like the opportunity to investigate this further for you.

Hi Amie,

Yes that would be great if you could please investigate my issue as mentioned in my previous message, I was going to engage someone else to do this as I think it is very unfair considering my/our circumstances. Also the high premium dollars that have been withdrawn from account last year without my knowledge is something else I want to be looked into. Last year was such a hard one both physically and financially and we are doing it tough at present so any relief
or good news in regards to these issues would be so very welcomed. I have been disappointed to say the least and these obstacles have just added to everything.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your reply. I’m sorry to hear of your experience.

So I can look into this for you as soon as possible, could you please send us a private message via Product Review? I just need to confirm your personal details requested above in order to verify and locate your account.

Alternatively, you can also send me an email at qsuper@qsuper.qld.gov.au.

Once I’ve been able to verify your details I’ll be able to look into the matter for you.

You may wish to remove your client number from your comment above for your privacy, as we are unable to do this on our end.

Speak soon,

Robasked

QSuper won’t let me consolidate my account in a rollover to an other state without hitting me with a substantial penalty. How come when state to state is a no fee option.

Rob

I’m really not surprised that there hasn’t been a response to this question. Hard to defend a position which is so evidently wrong. I’ll try taking this up with the state ombudsman.

Hi Rob,

Thank you for reaching out to us on Product Review.

We’ve recently begun monitoring this website and we apologise for not responding to you sooner.

Amie

Get an answer from our members and QSuper representatives