Zoetis Revolution for Dogs

Zoetis Revolution for Dogs Questions & Answers

Brown (Small Dog), Teal (Large Dog), Red (Medium Dog), Purple (Extra Small Dog)

10 questions from our users

k.jacobs

k.jacobsasked

It would seem that my poodle loses his appetite after Revolution has been applied.Any thoughts on that and how long will it stay in his system?

Aidan D.

Aidan D.asked

I have an almost 5 year old male Australian silky terrior and have been using revolution spot on for the past few months. In this time i have noticed a steap decline in his health. Ie. Constant skin irritation, upset tummy, diarrhea, poor immune system (2 infections), tremours & sudden mood changes.. we've been to a couple of vets now and followed all directions precisely yet still my boy is noticeably uncomfortable. It wasn't until tonight when parousing the internet (again) searching for possible answers did I come across a site that listed ALL of the same symptoms as side effects of revolution!! Worse still in my case was the list of more susseptable breeds (small breeds especially & definitely silkys). How could i possibly have overlooked revolution to be the cause? More to the point, how could trained veterinarians not pick up on this AND continue to 'prescribe' such a thing to a pup that it very obviously does not agree with.
I have literally been poisoning my bestfriend with pesticides at the direction of "pet health professionals" and SO ARE YOU!! I have hurt him, honestly believing i was helping him!
I'm honestly distraught. Please beware

Sharon
Sharon

I also have used revolution on my Foxie x jack Russell the 2nd month I put it on her she had 4 massive seizures could see probably off balance day 3 she is slightly improving. So just hoping she recovers.

Jennasked

I was given a revolution sample from my vet for my puppy. Applied to 12 week 18.5 pound puppy 7 hours later the puppy started having diarrhea. Put puppy on chicken and rice for 3 days and tries to wein some of her regular dry kibble to the chicken and rice and started getting diarrhea again. Did anyone else have these side effects with this medicine? Any suggestions?

marianaasked

I have a maltese with Cushion Disease and the only medication she is using is Extreme Essential which is available at chemist used for humans as well. Can I use Revolution on her?

JanefromSpain
JanefromSpain

Mariana, I would contact your vet or the manufacturer before using Revolution - just to be on the safe side.

mariana

thank you for your reply. I have spoken to my vet already and will rather use natural products.

Jenn

Interested in natural products, what did you end up using?

lana

lanaasked

Anyone have medical problems with your dog such as kidney or liver failure?

None

pommiemom
pommiemom

We have had my pomeranian's blood work tested last year and his liver enzymes were elevated. We did it again this years and it was 4 times higher than last years. We have tested for Cushings Disease but that came back negative. We are thinking there is liver problems. More testing in one month.

Anna

Annaasked

My dogs was put on Revolution against cheyletiella mites. They received 3 doses in 5 weeks and I sprayed the house 3 times. We (humans) still have many bites almost all the time. What went wrong? How many months should pass before us and the house will be free from cheyletiella mites?

Lareese

I have not dealt with mites before, just fleas. But sometimes just spraying the house doesn't entirely work. When my puppy had fleas, we wash almost every single item in the house that was machine washable with hot water, as well as spraying the house. And try giving them a bath with something that might kill the mites in the hair and let it lather for a few minutes before washing out. Try to search up some remedies. For me, combing my dog out before the bath until I did not see one flea, then washing him with Dawn soap and then his regular puppy shampoo, killed all the fleas and he is flea-less now. If you have more than one dog, that might also contribute to the mites transferring, so once you think you have gotten rid of the mites off of one dog, keep it away from the others until they do not have any mites on them or else they will keep transferring back to each other. And once the dogs are rid of the mites, get them out of the house right away for a few hours and spray everything down and wash everything before bringing them back in. If the house is infected, then they will just go right back onto your dog again. I'm not an expect, but that's what I would do. Hope this helps!

carly

carlyasked

What product is safe to use with revolution to stop ticks? I am concerned about the paralysis tick in Australia.

Kay

I use Advantix, but usually only during the Summer months.

Kerry Fraser

Kerry Fraserasked

It says Revolution is effective for American dog ticks, What about Western Blacklegged ticks??? I've been using revolution for a few months and found a tick that had been feeding on her for a couple days, had given the last treatment about 5 days prior!

Devil

There is no product available that guarantees your dog will not get a tick & the Revolution I use doesn't claim to protect against ticks at all.

Kay

Revolution is not a tick prevention product, you will have to use tick specific products for that.

James

Jamesasked

does a puppy of 9 weeks old needs to be treated for fleas?

Oztralian
Oztralian

No, your puppy is too young. Please phone your vet and ask when you can start. It will be a free service the vet or his/her receptionist will provide. Good luck with your new family member. A pet is for life and deserves the best care, kindness and your loving attention every single day.

Devil

No dog needs to be treated for fleas unless they have them.

Hazel

Hazelasked

Is Revolution safe for my nine month old Border Collie, I have been told that Border Collies can't take some of the flea treatments.

Devil

All flea treatments are poisonous so until you try a product you won't know how it will affect your dog.

Get an answer from our members and Zoetis representatives