Rheem Stellar/RheemPlus 5 Star

cazandco

cazandco

I watched my old hot water system literally burst its seems

Purchased in September 2019 at Demar Hardware for $1,180.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)

PaulS

PaulSSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very good unit so far.

Purchased in October 2018.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)

DHT

DHT

Great water heater suits my needs. Wish I bought one years ago.

Great water heater copes well with high demand. So far have not had any issues with it even with three bathroom showers, and dishwasher running as the same time. Energy efficient as well. Would certainly consider buying another Rheem Stellar 360 again in the future.

Purchased in August 2019.

liz

lizcanberra

good service

Had a problem with pilot light going out rang Rheem and they sent a repairman the next day. He knew what the problem was straight away and it was fixed in half an hour. Otherwise the water heater works very well plenty of hot water even we had 4 extra people staying recently.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Muzza

MuzzaPerth

Hot Water

Had my hws replaced 10 months ago due to inlet pipe leak and the plumber suggested I replace the system due to it's age. Replaced it with a Rheem Stellar and have not had really hot water since. Had the Rheem plumber out last week who basically said nothing could be done due to the tempering valve that mixes hot and cold water to 49c. Service fee $148.00. What a nanny society we live in - I've been using a tape mixing set for 50 years. I purchased a Rheem because it supposedly gave " the hottest hot water you've ever seen".

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Gary

GaryBendigo

Pilot light keeps going out after 7 years

Date PurchasedAug 2011

Dazza68

Dazza68Melbourne

My old rheem stellar

I had a Rheem Stellar that I bought 18 years ago, the only thing I has to replace in that time is the pressure release valve 2 times. That’s pretty good. I’m was happy with that. I have finally replaced that system today. I hope this unit is as good as the other one. I’ve seen so many bad reviews about this unit. Rheem I hope you won’t let me down this time. I will keep everyone posted.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Graham

GrahamSydney

Gas Guzzler

Had for three years now and this is a gas guzzler. Plenty of capacity but the gas kicks in each time hot water is used. I would have been better off with an instant gas hot water heater. The gas also kicks in randomly through the day/night even when not used. Can't complain about the hot water but I would question the 5 star energy efficiency rating.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

JasonPerth

Never missed a beat

We replaced the previous Rheem (over 15 years of service) with a new Stellar 130l
Now after around 9 years in use, with Wife and 2 kids i dont think we have ever run out of hot water.
Since day one its been flawless and the only time ive needed to restart it was after our gas was turned off for new meter. Very impressed with this purchase.

Date PurchasedMar 2009
Rheem A.Rheem

Hi Jason, thank you for providing feedback. We have been advised that our customer service team is in touch with you. They will provide the respective next steps. Have a good day.

Kind regards,

Jason

In regards to the new Anodes?, good one, cheers

Swordy

SwordyPerth

Absolute rubbish!

From the second week of installation pilot light constantly&randomly goes out.
Can sometimes go for a week then next week go out 2/3 times a day.no one at rheem seem intrested in complaint!waste of money and last rheem product i will ever invest in.cheap rubbish&bad after sale service.warning do not waste your money on this unit.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Rheem A.Rheem

Pilot light goes out frequently

The unit was very reliable for first 2 years but in last 6 months we started to have problems with pilot light going out. Initially it was only every couple if weeks but in last few months it is every 2nd or 3rd day and sometimes consecutive days. We have had the plumbers out 3 times. The first part that was replaced didnt fix problem, we are now waiting (4 weeks so far) for another part. Meanwhile trudging out every other day relighting pilot. The unit has manufacture date of November 2015, so still fairlynew!

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Cie

CieCamden Park

Extremely disappointed

System just hit 7 yrs old. First spent $150 replacing an overflow valve only to find the system would not relight. So either spend $650 replacing the entire controller mechanism or purchase a new system. Natural gas hot water systems should last for at least 10 years. Their call centre customer service is as bad as the quality of their product.
Never buy another Rheem product.

Date PurchasedApr 2011

Mae

MaePerth, WA

Disappointed

My heater is only 5 years old and the plumber said that the expansion control valve, pressure relief valve and controller had to be replaced at a total cost of $684 - very disappointed as I was told the unit would last for 10-15 years. The unit was installed by the builder Ross North in 2013.

Date PurchasedFeb 2013

Harry

HarryPerth

Excellent product

This water heater is excellent It is the second Rheem Stellar I have purchased , the last one gave me 15 years of hot water without missing a beat .
Even though I never had the unit serviced . The plumber who installed it informed me that if I did have it serviced at the 5 year mark , it would have lasted another 3 to 4 years

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Issue with air bubble in hot water after replacing the 2x anodes

Just recently had my 10 years old rheem stellar unit services including replacing the 2x sacrificial anodes. Now less than a months later I have noticed there are lots of air bubbles in the hot water coming out of facets which is quite bad first thing in the morning when running hot water and it splashes out all around vanity. I spoke to the plumber and he couldn't figure out what can cause this. I tried to talk to the rheem technical support but they don't want to talk to anyone apart from plumbers. Not happy with how I been treated with rheem call center and try to find an answer for this air bubble in my hot water system.

Date PurchasedAug 2008
Mike

MikePerth

14 yrs without a problem and no maintenance.

Well after 14 years without any trouble our Rheem Stellar has a rusty bum is starting to leak. Looking at replacing it with another gas storage unit and was looking at another Stellar 330. I'm a bit concerned about the poor review rate by other users ?? I'm hoping it was gas pressure related issues as to the large number of pilot lights going out. Waiting to hear back from Rheem before I make any decisions.

Date PurchasedMay 2004

15 years of faultless performance

We noticed a leak coming from bottom of our Rheem has 160 litre hws and asked plumber to inspect. Unfortunately the tank had started to leak so we had to replace. We didn’t even bother looking at another system. New 360 installed today. In 15 years I don’t even recall taking inspection cover off! Sorry, if you have one of these and they let you down then I may have been one of the lucky ones but I can only call it as I see it. Brilliant system thank your Rheem.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Nick

NickSydney, NSW

Rheem Stellar still runs fine after five years

We replaced our old electric water heater with a Rheem Stellar, over five years ago. During this time, the flame never turned itself off and we always had hot water. I am very pleased with how it operated so far. I will have to inspect the two sacrifice anodes (recommended after about five years for "normal" water) to make sure it won't corrode in the future. The only maintenance I am doing is releasing a bit of water from the release valve every few months, as recommended. I usually do it when I mow the lawn and I happen to remember about it.

Date PurchasedJul 2012
Rheem A.Rheem

Rheem is terrible left a cold taste

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Fix

Terrible terrible unit don't buy it, it came standard with our build and after a year the pilot went out all the time. All though after having costly parts replaced it just kept happening, so I left the front cover off for a month an it fixed it so to rectify it I cut a small 100x100 square hole in the plastic cover an it's been going great for the last couple of months. So I hope this helps a lot of disgruntled owners of this crap unit haha

Date PurchasedMar 2015