Rheem Stellar/RheemPlus 5 Star

Rheem Stellar/RheemPlus 5 Star

Stellar (850330), Stellar (850360), RheemPlus (354265), etc...
2.6 from 104 reviews · View Details

2.6

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
  • Smells of GasYes (0) · No (10)

Ayhan B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bad products

Leking from hot water outlets pipe rheem say it's normal waste for money wery bad product i call the rheem thy just ignoring the problem this unit only 2 years old

Purchased for A$1,800.00.

Rheem A.Rheem

Thank you for your review. We encourage you to contact 131 031, where one of our customer service representatives will be able to assist you.

AdamSydney, NSW

Best product on the market in its Category

chook55Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good Value.

I have have used 3 Rheem Stellar 130L gas hot water systems. The previous 2 units lasted 10 and 11 years before developing leaks. I bought the same units as it is built into a cavity in an external brick wall. I know it fits with minimal fuss.
Unfortunately the latest unit has developed a faulty temperature controller after just 5 years. The temperature controller will cost about $250 (Reece) and in the region of $100 to fit.
I will investigate an instantaneous gas and depending on cost a Solar/gas solution when replacing this unit.

Purchased in May 2015 at Reece for A$1,200.00.

Gas Hot Water Storage Systems

Find out how Rheem Stellar/RheemPlus 5 Star compares to other Gas Hot Water Storage Systems

Pilot Light Keeps Going Out

My unit is only 18 months old and for the last 2 months the Pilot Light keeps going out and its very frustrating. More frustrating is the fact that no parts are covered after 12 months unless the boiler blows up.

Kevin

Hi I sent info as requested and have had no response from you at all

Kevin

Hi Rheem, i am still waiting on a response. i am relighting this unit 2 or 3 times a day now. looking at all the other negative reviews it seems you point them to an email address but we dont hear how many of them are now happy customers !!!

kirbrit

kirbritSydney, NSW

Garbage product - hot water failure

I live alone. This water is not hot. Stay well away from Rheem. If there is anything I cannot stand, it's a cold shower. The setting is at maximum and the water is cold. Now I'll probably get a "we're sorry to hear this" and let us know how we can help. Then, for a "small" fee, get someone out to tell me they can't do anything about it. Save your money .. go elsewhere

Purchased in February 2015.

Household Size 1 person(s)
Sam

SamPerth, WA

Blew it's lid and damaged the eaves

Installed in 2012 by Celebration Homes. The pilot light kept going out shortly after moving in, the thermostat was replaced under warranty and the controller reinstalled correctly to allow the front lid to close. Now in Feb 2020 the unit decided to literally blow the lid with enough force to punch a hole in the eave above it. Plumber deemed it too dangerous and requires replacing. Rang Rheem to be told it's out of warranty. Don't think they were phased enough either.

Household Size 2 person(s)
Rheem A.Rheem

Just had my one replaced after 10 years of service.

My one failed after 10 years of excellent service. The Rheem technician came over organised a warranty replacement everything was done with out a any fuss. All service calls are handled in AUS employ their own plumbers that were polite, clean and efficient. Plus they took all the packaging away. Could not recommend these guys highly enough. Could AUS run company!

Trent

TrentForde 2914, ACT

Only One day in, but perfect so far.

Had this installed yesterday, was impressed with how quickly it got up to temperature. Have had 6 people in the house, went out to dinner tonight - this unit keeps up with our demands and delivers consistently hot water. Really happy with it, and happy that my old heat pump that just wasn't cutting it is now gone.

Perfect installation by Duncan's Plumbing too, checked the old unit one day told me what I needed to do to get the site prepped (different location due to gas and space required from windows) back the next day with everything, 2 hour removal and new install, 1 hour later we have hot water again.

Love this Rheem unit, will be back if I subsequently have any problems, but 5 stars for day 1 and 2.

Purchased in January 2020 at Duncan's Plumbing.

Althom

AlthomPerth, WA

Great Hot Water Service backed up by Great Service

Unit has been in since 2011. Never had an issue with it. Had is serviced at recommended intervals. Service people do a great job and go through what they have done and any recommendations they have.

Purchased in November 2011.

Dalleeb

DalleebPerth, WA

Long live Stellar

Our unit was made in 2002 and just failed. 17 years service is awesome. I will replace it with the same model.. Well worth the money spent in my opinion.

Noise Level
Household Size 5 person(s)
cazandco

cazandco

I watched my old hot water system literally burst its seems

Purchased in September 2019 at Demar Hardware for A$1,180.00.

PaulS

PaulSSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very good unit so far.

Purchased in October 2018.

DHT

DHT

Great water heater suits my needs. Wish I bought one years ago.

Great water heater copes well with high demand. So far have not had any issues with it even with three bathroom showers, and dishwasher running as the same time. Energy efficient as well. Would certainly consider buying another Rheem Stellar 360 again in the future.

Purchased in August 2019.

liz

lizcanberra

good service

Had a problem with pilot light going out rang Rheem and they sent a repairman the next day. He knew what the problem was straight away and it was fixed in half an hour. Otherwise the water heater works very well plenty of hot water even we had 4 extra people staying recently.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Muzza

MuzzaPerth

Hot Water

Had my hws replaced 10 months ago due to inlet pipe leak and the plumber suggested I replace the system due to it's age. Replaced it with a Rheem Stellar and have not had really hot water since. Had the Rheem plumber out last week who basically said nothing could be done due to the tempering valve that mixes hot and cold water to 49c. Service fee $148.00. What a nanny society we live in - I've been using a tape mixing set for 50 years. I purchased a Rheem because it supposedly gave " the hottest hot water you've ever seen".

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Gary

GaryBendigo

Pilot light keeps going out after 7 years

Date PurchasedAug 2011
Dazza68

Dazza68Melbourne

My old rheem stellar

I had a Rheem Stellar that I bought 18 years ago, the only thing I has to replace in that time is the pressure release valve 2 times. That’s pretty good. I’m was happy with that. I have finally replaced that system today. I hope this unit is as good as the other one. I’ve seen so many bad reviews about this unit. Rheem I hope you won’t let me down this time. I will keep everyone posted.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Graham

GrahamSydney

Gas Guzzler

Had for three years now and this is a gas guzzler. Plenty of capacity but the gas kicks in each time hot water is used. I would have been better off with an instant gas hot water heater. The gas also kicks in randomly through the day/night even when not used. Can't complain about the hot water but I would question the 5 star energy efficiency rating.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

JasonPerth

Never missed a beat

We replaced the previous Rheem (over 15 years of service) with a new Stellar 130l
Now after around 9 years in use, with Wife and 2 kids i dont think we have ever run out of hot water.
Since day one its been flawless and the only time ive needed to restart it was after our gas was turned off for new meter. Very impressed with this purchase.

Date PurchasedMar 2009
Rheem A.Rheem

Hi Jason, thank you for providing feedback. We have been advised that our customer service team is in touch with you. They will provide the respective next steps. Have a good day.

Kind regards,
Rheem Australia

Jason

In regards to the new Anodes?, good one, cheers

Swordy

SwordyPerth

Absolute rubbish!

From the second week of installation pilot light constantly&randomly goes out.
Can sometimes go for a week then next week go out 2/3 times a day.no one at rheem seem intrested in complaint!waste of money and last rheem product i will ever invest in.cheap rubbish&bad after sale service.warning do not waste your money on this unit.

Date PurchasedJun 2016