Russell Hobbs Seal Fresh RHVS1

Russell Hobbs Seal Fresh RHVS1

MPN: RHVS1

Fantastic item

I'm on a special diet where food preparation is key and this has helped me prepare everything and freeze my meals. The only problem I have is when I tried to track down the containers that are sold separately they were unavailable, I finally was able to order them but still waiting on the tube that actually makes them usable.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Fairly new but no complaints

I bought this after reading reviews on this site. I haven't had it long, but it seems to be working very well. Is is easy to use and easy to clean. It is great, working well, I am happy. End of story.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Six months later I am finding this little device invaluable. It is working very well and is doing the job great

Great Little gadget

This is my 1st vacuum sealer, it was recommended to me by my sister and I think it's a great little unit. I would recommend it anyone, it keeps things very fresh and gives me more space to store things in the fridge and freezer. I even use it for my dog food.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Works reliably every time

A really well made product at a great price. It is something that I continually look forward to using as it always works without any hassles. Had trouble finding a retailer for some reason, but I got one at JBHifi. After buying one at Kmart and returning it as being worse than useless, this one is a Rolls Royce and I haven't found anything that it cannot do.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Very impressed.

This is my first food vacuum sealer so nothing to compare with. Found that this one works every time. The vacuum and function is fast and the bags are sealed properly with no leaks.
Used it to vacuum seal food when we went camping. Kept everything nice and fresh, plus reduced that space taken by the food in the cooler.

Yet to test the container kit feature.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

My second sealer

Bought it at Prouds Fiji. I was so glad they had this product in store. The bag sealer on this unit is so quick and silent unlike the Sunbeam I had before was so noisy. The settings are just what I need. Can't do without this great product fully recommended to all my friends.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Great little sealer

Have used the sealer for chicken, redmeats and a few dry items. Also used it to seal fishing gear for a trip. Found the standard/normal setting for vac is quite enough for everything I have packed so far. I did try the turbo vac just for fun and it certainly drew more air out of the channel bags, but have not found the need to use it so far. Good for keeping fresh red meats for ten days plus in the Engel or caravan fridge. I usually cut and seal bags from a roll, and have had no problems with overheating or poor seals that other reviews of other machines have reported. You must ensure you keep the seal area of the bag free of meat, blood or any other contaminant. One way is to lay a piece of paper towel in the opening of the bag when you fill the bag with your product. Then withdraw the paper towel carefully before sealing the bag. This way the meat doesn't touch the seal area. After reading all the other reviews on vac sealers I was not confident when I bought this little beauty but so glad I did. Its a little ripper. Like a kid with a new toy.

Happily suprised at performance at this price point

After reading about all of the other vacuum sealers around the $100 range being terrible I was skeptical this would be any better. Couldn't find any reviews but thought I'd give it a shot anyway. I bought it from JB Hi-Fi today and spent 3 hours vacuum sealing half a cow. Never overheated, never melted the bag and it sucked most of the air out each time. Takes some trial and error to work out you need to leave space all around the meat otherwise you get trapped pockets of air. Otherwise very happy. Has a turbo feature to suck more air out, a seal feature to only seal a bag or create one from the bag roll without using the vacuum and a moist/dry option to seal for extra long to get through the moisture that gets sucked into the seal point.

Still half the cow to do tomorrow but I'm confident it will last.