3.7

3.0
Safety

Happyplace
Happyplace9 posts

Very good unit for the price

As the title says. I needed this to install some heavy shelving into walls. I wasn't sure if the drill could do it but knew i could take it back if it wasn't up to task being Ryobi. It worked very well and is a powerful unit. I look forward to owning it for years to come. Show details
Cyril K.
Cyril K.Perth, WA3 posts

Yes and No

It has heaps of grunt but the chuck should be replaced under a recall. One minute it spits the drill bit out as the chuck loosens on it's own and the next you're hitting the chuck with a hammer trying to get it open.
It's done this since the first time I used it! I also have a much older Bosch and a Makita cordless drill with no issues. Show details
Ben
BenSydney, NSW93 posts

Sean
Sean3 posts

Nothing wrong here

I used this drill for a fence build. No problem. Put 100mm bugle screws through 2x6 into 4x4 pine. Easy. If I kept pushing it starts to counter sink them deep into the wood. Drilled 50mm holes in 2x6. Didn't struggle with any of it.
I just want DIY and this drill is adequate so far. If you want more, pay double for Milwaukee.
Remember people always wear your PPE whenever operating any machinery.
emily
emilyPerth, WA4 posts

Weak, loud and heavy

I've never had a drill that is so loud, it's like a high pitched shriek, you almost need ear protection just to drill, totally intolerable. It's also way more heavy than it has any right to be, even without the battery in it weighs a ton, I'd be okay with the weight if you could achieve a drilling depth but it can't, struggles even in softwood. First Ryobi tool and very likely my last. Show details
Russell T.
Russell T.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Gets the job done & has good features

This drill uses the Ryobi One+ 18v batteries that fit multiple Ryobi One+ products, which on it's own is great. The Ryobi One+ series of products is very handy because I can have one battery that fits all my Ryobi One+ tools. It eradicates the problem and cost of maintaining different batteries for different tools.
As for the drill itself, it has two speed settings, adjustable clutch and hammer drill setting. It has a built in LED light that points where you are drilling and a magnetic section to hang onto whatever screws or drill bits you are currently using. It also has that drill guide thingo that helps measure/limit the holes you are drilling.
Note I'm not a tradie, so I don't know how it lasts for daily heavy-duty use.