Samsonite 72 hours

See the Best Suitcases in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

PerthPhil

PerthPhilPerth, WA

10 Year Warranty is a Joke

Purchased in July 2017 at Leather and Luggage for $269.00.

MarionGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best roomy light weight cabin bag!

Purchased in March 2014 for $150.00.

Justin

Justin

Selling after using it once!

Zip takes 5 minutes to close as lid portion of zipper buckles when case is full. If I try to do it quicker I'm sure it will break zip. Lid is too flexible due to the lightweight material. Its at its worse when you open the expanded section of the lid. I paid good money for this supposedly high end product. I'm going to see if they will take it back but I doubt they will take it. Don't waste your money. Shame in you Samsonite. This product is tarnishing your reputation as a high end product.

Piece of crap

After one trip with this suitcase there was a tear to the top part of the suitcase. I travel weekly with other luggage and this has never happened. I bought Samsonite to as I thought it was an investment on the so called perceived cheaper brands. Samsonite claim this was airline carriers fault and therefore not covered by their warranty. They were very unhelpful and impossible to reach. Will never buy this brand again nor would recommend it to anyone else.

Broken easily, ignored warranty

If you are considering purchasing a suitcase from this company I urge you to reconsider. I have been in contact with 2 separate customer service representatives for seven months over a faulty suitcase. I have over 30 emails, mostly sent by me, as the replies dry up after they realise I should get a replacement as per my warranty. I am so frustrated and dissatisfied with the non-help I have received. I thought Samsonite was an investment, and it was worth the price for a durable suitcase. It is not.

What a total load of Rubbish

Helen

HelenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lightest carry on, perfect for LCC traveling

It has been my budget travel buddy for more than 10 times of trips using LCCs. 1.5 kg for a carry-on luggage with 4 wheels can be the lightest that I could ask for. I have backpain so had been looking for a light weight suitcase that I could roll rather than using backpack. So far I have not had any issues and quite happy with the simple practical function of this bag. This luggage helped me to save $$ from checking in luggage. I normally travel with my minimum stuff, which allowed me to travel for 10 days with this one :)

PP14

PP14

Woeful quality and service

I wish I had read these reviews before purchase. I had the bag for a measly 4 days before the handle became loose on one side and then jammed all together.

After reading these reviews I contacted Samsonite and dug my heels in, refusing to accept their standard template replies.

Samsonite wanted to collect the bag to inspect it but I refused, instead sending them a short video of the damaged bag and demanding a refund in accordance with consumer law. It took a week but they finally agreed and I returned the bag to David Jones for a full refund.

The quality and service received were equally woeful. Thanks to the experiences of others here I was able to address the problem fairly quickly.

consumeradvoc8

consumeradvoc8

Incredibly good

Would like to defend what for me has been a game changer.

Haven’t had any of the handle issues described. Construction quality is excellent.

I use this bag every weekend travelling to and from work (country Vic) And multiple domestic international flights.

I don’t give it any special treatment (throw it in and go and the spinners make towing it along a breeze)

The 1.5kg weight helps maximise weight in the age of Jetstar/Tiger And even International ie Thai Airways are checking cabin bags now.

All in all an excellent bag for the money

Jack

Jackperth

The lightest out there

It is now my favourite carry-on. The lightest out there, 1.5kg and this is very important when you are allowed only 7kg or even 5kg as carry-on with some airlines.

sweb

swebWest Australia

Very Dissappointed 2.9 kg super light weight Applite

No customer service , no feed back

Juju

Juju

Waste of Money

Just like a number of people have reported - used once and handle has jammed/bent. Ends of the zippers broken off. Not covered under warranty. Very disappointed and a waste of money.

Susan

SusanSydney NSW

Terrible! I hate this case.

Simple jj

Simple jjAdelaide

Very disappointed

Bought from Strandbags. The handle got stuck after the 1st trip. I took it back and was told that's caused by mishandling therefore not covered by warranty. I had other luggages together with it on the same trip. Unfortunately it seems some airport luggage staff specially picked this Samsonite case and mishandled it! Never buy Samsonite again.

jojo

jojoPerth

enjoying it

I got a good deal on this and I'm liking it so far. Have used it for a few business trips. Really light which makes it great for short trips.

Michpink

MichpinkBrisbane

Very disappointed

I was so hopeful. It had a great weight, volume, manoeuvrability, expandability and then the zipper failed and popped open 3 times on the first use. I took it back to Myers and they refunded and I purchased a Samsonite Blite 3 instead. I hope it will be a better choice. I chose this one to replace it as it had a double wheel and appeared to feel more stable.

baiyue

baiyueguangzhou

So so

I would say it is an OK case, been using it for a while, not so fancy but OK. Firm and don't get dirty easily. Which is fine to travel with.

Tkal

TkalMelbourne

Very Poor Quality

Taz

Taz

Light but flimsy

On its maiden voyage over to the US the handle has already become jammed and won't come up. When I opened up the bag to look at this, the metal housing had curved inwards. Great idea because of how light the bag is but if the one part of the frame is going to get out of shape from one journey and the usual throwing around luggage gets then not worth the money.