Samsonite 72 hours 78cm Spinner

Samsonite 72 hours 78cm Spinner

1.3

Tina Cam

Tina CamSydney, NSW

samsonite 72 hr Deluxe - Zipper split on return journey and expandible was useless.

Bought this suitcase from Strandbags for my upcoming trip to Ireland in winter. As travelling with a child i wanted a suitcase that was light and easy to manage. It didnt disappoint on that front BUT the zipper was hard to close and split on my return journey home. The expandible section was useless and difficult to close. Got a refund from store as soon as I returned. Wish i read the reviews. For the price, I expected superior quality. Will never buy Samsonite again.

Purchased in November 2019 at Strandbags Retail Store for A$300.00.

Chez

ChezCanberra 2600, ACT

Zipper broke on first trip

I purchased this case from Myer end August 2019, based on Choice recommendation. It was on special but still high $200s. Not quite 3 weeks in to OS trip in sept 2019 the zip broke in the luggage area of the bus transferring us to hotel, strewing my personal effects everywhere. The suitcase was not even full enough to require the expansion zip. Had to purchase luggage straps to hold it together for the rest of trip. Taking back to Myer today and expecting a refund to spend on another bag, which will not be Samsonite! In my view its not fit for purpose and does not deserve even one star.

Purchased in August 2019 at Myer Retail Stores.

PerthPhil

PerthPhilPerth, WA

10 Year Warranty is a Joke

Purchased in July 2017 at Leather and Luggage for A$269.00.

Suitcases

Find out how Samsonite 72 hours 78cm Spinner compares to other Suitcases

Justin

Justin

Selling after using it once!

Zip takes 5 minutes to close as lid portion of zipper buckles when case is full. If I try to do it quicker I'm sure it will break zip. Lid is too flexible due to the lightweight material. Its at its worse when you open the expanded section of the lid. I paid good money for this supposedly high end product. I'm going to see if they will take it back but I doubt they will take it. Don't waste your money. Shame in you Samsonite. This product is tarnishing your reputation as a high end product.

Susan

SusanSydney NSW

Terrible! I hate this case.

Taz

TazSouth East Queensland, QLD

Light but flimsy

On its maiden voyage over to the US the handle has already become jammed and won't come up. When I opened up the bag to look at this, the metal housing had curved inwards. Great idea because of how light the bag is but if the one part of the frame is going to get out of shape from one journey and the usual throwing around luggage gets then not worth the money.

John K

John K

Lightweight but flimsy, a poor choice

On the second trip with the Samsonite 78 Hours lightweight suitcase the extendable handle was bent inwards, could straighten it with my hands but it kinked and is now permanently stuck. Flimsy construction. I travel a lot and buy a new suitcase every few years, this one was a poor choice.