Samsonite B-Lite

Samsonite B-Lite

Series 3, Series 2, Series 1

See the Best Suitcases in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Scott D.

Scott D.Central West, NSW

Poor design

Samsonite B-lite handle bends and wont close. Warranty is a joke as Strandbags try a fob you off blaming airline even though it was not damaged that way. Push the bag on thick hotel carpet and the handle bends. I can feel a consumer affairs complaint coming if i don't get a result. Very poor design.

Mark

MarkBrisbane

Best purchase I have ever made

Sturdy, compact, lightweight and still looks good after 100+ journeys and 4 years. Wheels are still fully functional and there is not a single scratch on the skin. I mostly use it as a carry-on, but sometimes I check it it too. It is suitable for both business and leisure travels. Overall, I am very satisfied.

Purchased in June 2015 at David Jones for $129.00.

Crap crap

I have used my case three times. The first trip the handle was broken and I had to pay as it was not under warranty. The third trip the zip broke and I had to get it plastic covered because I didn’t want my clothes everywhere. Now looking at another case but unfortunately will not be a Samsonite

Tracie

TraciePort Fairy, Victoria

Horrendous customer experience

Justin H

Justin HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible wheels

Lightweight and handy, however the wheels ruin this product. They wear out, jam up, and half they size they really need be. As a result, should and arm pain from dragging, not rolling this around.

Lina Summers

Lina SummersHobart

Sturdy, but not completely waterproof

I've been using my Samsonite B-Lite for a couple of months now for my out of tow trips. Although it feels really sturdy and pretty easy to maneuver around, I'm a bit disappointed with its design. During my trip to Indonesia, I accidentally spilled my drink on top of the case. Although its zippers were closed, some of my clothes got wet. I still use the case despite the design flaw, but I just wrap my clothes in plastic inside the suitcase in case of another water-related incident.

positivespirit1

positivespirit1Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Lightweight, Sturdy And Easy To Manoeuvre

My suitcase has been to north QLD and WA and on two occasions, went in undercarriage luggage rather than carry on luggage. Strong, sturdy, great wheels to manoeuvre on two or four wheels and plenty of storage room internally and externally. Very happy indeed.

Frankie

FrankieAlburry

Very practical to use

I purchased this model because of its size. Since my out of town / country trips usually just last for a couple of days, I needed something that's not bulky and easy to carry around. So far, the B-lite has been with me for four trips now and it's still holding up pretty well.

Very disappointed in this inferior product. Samsonite warranty doesn't appear to cover anything.

HarryS

HarrySPerth, WA

Good, but the model has changed twice.

An earlier model was far better with more pockets etc. It appears this model has been cheapened by not including the earlier model inside pockets and the exterior extra front pocket. Be aware that Samsonite have done this and if your have purchased an earlier model with the same description, this model will not be the same, it has been cheapened.

Love this case

I bought the 71cm and 55cm cases for a big trip - 1 month hauling it on and off planes and cars etc etc and it stood up very well. It was a breeze to handle - at times I wash pushing 2 large & 2 small cases at once with no issues. The large cases have tendency to be unbalanced when fully expanded & packed out. I've had them for 3 years now and done many trips and they show minimal wear with none of the zips, wheels or stitching giving out.

Not what I needed

I bought this for its size,lightweight, simple styling and because it's Samsonite; however I've found the dimensions just aren't practical both for packing and maneuverability once packed.
I would love to say it's a great suitcase because I spent the time choosing it but it just doesn't perform as I needed it to.

Light, spacious, sturdy and practical

Extremely practical and good to handle. I have the upright b-lite fresh and it's stable with good zipper. Its so spacious that I can travel for a whole week with only this. This case makes it possible for me to travel with plane with hand luggage only.

Liz

Liz3000

Unstable when packed

carol w

carol wAU

wheels a little protruding

3littlepigs

3littlepigsSydney

Does not roll properly, unstable when loaded

HappyCamper

HappyCamper

Don't buy,

I bought one of these because it was a Samsonite and because of the weight but when it is full it won't roll properly. I sent it back to Samsonite who said there was nothing wrong and serviced the wheels. It still won't wheel properly even on really smooth surfaces. I will not buy Samsonite again.
Weight