Wi-Fi Only, 3G, 4G

The worst investment i have ever made.

This tablet is the absolute worst piece of technology i have ever bought.
    Within 20 minutes of buying it i had it close down 6 apps that it actually came with due to an error..
    I persevered with it as i was talk into it as the sales assistant said it was good for digital drawing. Its fine for that but dont expect it to hold a charge or even continue to charge while you are using it!! It will die while plugged into the wall!
    I have just lots a logo that i was working on because the battery died after 20 minutes while plugged into a power point!! Last straw!!
    Nothing on it works properly for very long. Hate it!

Brenddastarr

BrenddastarrHAMILTON South, NSW

Buy something else if you need fast

Big plus is the screen resolution. Big ➖ is speed. I was able, it was a feat, to change the os Jelly bean. Though this has improved speed somewhat it's still a slow boat. One way to fix the speed is to clear all the APP cache a few times a day. Good for watching tv/movie streaming, good clarity. The tablet was a gift so you don't look in horses' mouths, though I tweaked the heck out of the galaxy tablet s3

Charging is difficult, unless

Tablets

Find out how Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 compares to other Tablets

Unhappy as device not Charging

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - model GT N8000 which was purchased in April 2013 - now 13 months old. It will not charge. I don't think it is the charger because the unit tells me it is 'charging' when connected but the battery level does not go up. Can someone tell me what is wrong. It is now out of warranty!
    I chose Samsung because of the added ability to increase storage.
    Unit will not charge - it is 13 months old.

ozshaun

ozshaun

Great tablet but has some flaws

Love it!!!!

I absolutly love this. My laptop died so I bought a Surface RT. After 2 months I've given it to my wife and bought a Samsung 10.1 and the genuine keyboard. As I only use my computer for music, internet and maybe a simple game in bed this is fantastic. My wife says why the hell didn't you buy this in the first place!!!!!
    Screen, the genuine keyboard, it super fast, it Andriod that it Andriod!!!
    Ive had it 4 days and havent had any problems as yet.

MilordDuffy 2611, ACT

Adam_HurleySydney

Good but

sunsethills
    sunsethills

Can you explain more about the wifi that you said does not work. Do you mean this is only the case with the tablets that have a sim card as well or all versions of this tablet?

John88888

John88888AU

Slick and powerful

Tablets

Find out how Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 compares to other Tablets

Hillcrest Retreat

Hillcrest RetreatMurwillumbah, New South Wales

Love it, Love it, Love it!

The Smart One

Do you know if I can use a 64GB mini SD card in the tablet as I am thinking of buying one? Samsung website say only up to 32GB? Thanks

Best Tablet out there

The Smart One

Can you confirm that you are using a 64GB card in the tablet as I am thinking of buying one? Samsung website say only up to 32GB? Thanks

Richard Purdon

Richard PurdonPerth, Western Australia

Glad I bought it !

This is a great little device. Its display is very clear, particularly for photos. It's inbuilt Office application will take my word and excel documents and show them clearly. There are loads of free apps for it, some of which are very good. It was reasonably easy to set up and it is very easy to use.
    Clarity of display, size of screen, availability of apps.
    It will not play flv files.

brett2017

brett2017NSW, 2203

EV79LawtonWA, 6018

Great tablet

Bought a 32GB of this tablet. The main reasons are: It has Polaris installed for free which I can able to do some basic documents like Excel, words, PowerPoint and Note. Secondly, this tablet has a pen! If you write something on the memo or drawing, it is so much easier to have pen than using own finger!
    yes, maybe 10.1" is a bit bigger for some people. To me, I just need it especially if you use it to do spreadsheet and writing.
    Only one downside - the Camera! Samsung still use the same spec of Samsung S3 for this tablet! So if you are the one who likes to take pictures and post online. You might like to consider Apple ( because I really think Apple nails the photo/picture section)

EV79Lawton

did you try the software update? have it been dropped on the floor before? My current one has the problem of shut down sometimes but my tablet has dropped on the floor for a few times.....

GleniceJ

No, never dropped. I have now ordered a genuine Samsung charger and hope this will resolve my problem. I have been advised to steer clear of any generic chargers.

Linda R.

Linda R.asked

How to get keyboard to work

Samsung
    AdaSamsung

Hi Linda, would you be able to let us know what troubles you are experiencing with the keyboard? Are you also referring to the keyboard on-screen or an attached accessory?

Ada
    Samsung AU

Jo

Joasked

Can the Samsung galaxy note 10.1 be used as a regular mobile phone?

BroKen LiZard

Yes but only on the 3G versions.

yup .. I use mine to make outgoing calls all the time to use up my prepaid sim card before it expires (I have the 3G + wireless version) .... I don't encourage people to call me on it though as I prefer the convenience of a little phone - although of course if you're both using a tablet you can "video conference" and actually see eachother - not something I do .. lord I'd have to adjust lippy before make a call LOL. I would think the wireless only version could still use skpe/viber but not the phone network.

BroKen LiZard

Thats correct, non 3G tablets can still use skype and any other video conference app.

Frank Maniccam

Frank Maniccamasked

I have just bought a 32gb sdhc micro sd card for my 16gb Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 wifi. So my memory will increase to 48gb. What can I do with the extra space. Can I download movies when I travel? Can I download apps? Please explain to me all what I can do with the extra memory. Thank you kindly for your help. Frank.

BroKen LiZard

Yes you have 48gb in total now. Yes you can use that extra space to save movies, pictures, music etc, basically everything. Adding an SD card is a better and cheaper option than buying a 32 or 64gb tablet outright.

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Download manual