Samsung Galaxy Tab A

Samsung Galaxy Tab A

7.0", 8.0", 10.1", 10.5" and 9.7"

Samsung Tablet A 10.1

Magnificent piece of equipment, paid $228 and I am very pleased with it,built in WI-FI, easy to use,went into hospital a few weeks after I purchased it and what a life saver to kill boredom as hospitals now have free WiFI so it came in real handy to watch things on a much larger screen as opposed to a phone.Battery is ok on usage.Has room to insert a memory card for films or music or what ever you like.Glad I bought it.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $228.00.

Speed
We're so glad you're enjoying your Tab! Thanks for sharing your feedback. Lisa Samsung AU

great tablet

bought this from the store and instantly started using it with no hassles and very little setup. Camera is 0ok for what i use it for and is very good size to read books via amazon app. long battery life so far and the screen has been crisp. i would recomend this over an ipad for most people

Purchased in March 2018 for $300.00.

Speed

A great value phone and Tablet, whatever your needs?

I wanted to be better able to access the Bible, rather than using a paper version. This FAST fantastic tool has a HUGE screen that makes it easy to read and research, and depending on the APP you load, gives access to HEAPS of the newer translations - in one location!

No more wondering what a passage of Scripture means, or what that particular Hebrew or Greek word directly translates to - just look it up - in a flash!

I use Bible Gateway, about $3 month and WOW what a resource! Just imagine how much better the world would be if these tools had been available back just after the Lord God was crucified...

And I also use it for Google Maps, when I'm out working - and driving to unknown areas? Hey don't forget, it's ALSO a phone; though one that's a bit hard to pack into your pocket!

Purchased in July 2019 at Kogan for $499.00.

Good value for purpose

I wanted to purchase a cheap tablet to cast/stream movies etc onto our tv (with the help of Chromecast) and this one was the cheapest i could find at the time, and i am very happy with it. Battery life is great, lasts longer than a week, WIFI connection is good, can be slow at times but that could be due to my location, but not a big issue. The camera on it isnt great, but thats not the reason i purchased it so not an issue for me.

Purchased in March 2019 at Officeworks Online store for $177.00.

Enjoying it

Bought this for my partner instead of a laptop. Easy set up as she had a Samsung Account and a Google account. Looks and Runs just like her Samsung A8 phone

Speed

Very capable tablet, easy to recommend

I purchased this 10.5 inch tablet (T590 is the applicable model number) with the intention that it be a media server,
with a heavy emphasis on storage, distribution and playback of music. I'm pleased to say it has exceeded my expectations.
This model can take huge SD cards up to 400gb, easily enough to store a large music library, even in uncompressed formats, and it's been great having my whole library readily accessible and searchable. A fussy audiophile, I've used several headphones and earbuds, including what would be regarded as higher end full size "over ear" headphones with great results. Seriously, this tablet can compete with proper hifi separates driving headphones, with only a handful of very high impedance exotics beyond it, and the advanced sound section in settings includes a number of useful tools to customise playback beyond the standard graphic equalizer, even including Dolby Atmos. Bluetooth connection is very well catered for with five separate codecs built in, including LDAC, currently considered the best codec available. It's easy to connect to external audio such as soundbars, either using Bluetooth, or wired transmitting the raw digital feed to an external DAC or audio processor, or casting direct from tablet to TV.
There are four speakers in the tablet and Samsung describes using it for media as an immersive experience, I'll agree they are of very good quality by tablet standards, but the immersive tag only really applies to headphone or connected to stereo listening, and I've thoroughly enjoyed watching online concerts with it where it's been easy to get caught up in the performance.
The screen is not, by current standards, cutting edge but I've had no problem with its quality watching concerts or online shows off Prime or TV catchup. One small issue has been a tendency to drop some detail in shadow areas in video, it's dynamic range could be little better, but it's not a deal breaker. I read magazines on the tablet, generally this is fine with crisp text, but on scrolling through pages there can be a slight delay (less than a second) between text loading and then becoming properly sharp. I read primarily Hifi magazines, which have a heavy graphic content, and oddly there doesn't seem to be any connection between how much picture content is on the page and the time taken to properly load. Overall I'd describe the screen as very good quality, although graphic performance could usefully be improved a touch, at this price point though it's absolutely not a deal breaker. Responsiveness to touch is also excellent, I've composed several long documents on it (where, oddly, the delay in rendering text sharply doesn't occur) and found it a joy to use for typing. Also, one area where I'll give the screen a solid 10/10 is picture quality on still photographs. Absolutely no complaints there, this tablet is a delight to use on Facebook, Instagram etc, and it's easy to do photo editing (I use Adobe Express) and clearly see the effect of subtle changes.
Overall, at this price point, this is a no brainer to give 5 stars to. Improving on it will take a LOT more money than the $349 I paid, and, for my purposes, yield no significant improvement. Thoroughly recommended.

Purchased in May 2019 at Officeworks Online store for $349.00.

Battery Life

Good tablet, with some flaws

Apps work well and some default apps can be disabled if not needed.
Security updates should come for longer. This is not product specific. Needs legislation.
Screen too sensitive to slide when tapping. Can take 3-4 taps to launch an app. Similar when sending message/email.
Internal storage is limited. This affects how many apps can be installed. I sometimes need to reduce to the ones I actually use. This is a trade-off against price, not a criticism.
I don't use either camera in the tablet. Prefer phone or camera.
I use a purchased security app, not a built in one.

Purchased in September 2017 at Officeworks Physical store for $270.00.

Love it

I'm in love with this product, I'm able to do my work, play games and watch movies on this tablet, picture and sound quality is above what I expected, and I'm still finding new amazing thing I can do on it.

Purchased in March 2019 at Officeworks Online store.

Speed
Hi Tanya, I'm glad to hear that your Tab A has fit into your everyday lifestyle perfectly! If any questions arise, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Jo Samsung AU

Great for watching video when paired with a Bluetooth speaker

Used almost exclusively for showing videos to clients. The size and quality of image is great value. Built-in speaker is a bit weak but when paired with an external Bluetooth speaker, the viewing experience for one person is really very good. Can pick these up $50 cheaper now than what I paid last year.

Purchased in March 2018 for $328.00.

Front (Selfie) Camera Quality
Hi David, we're happy to hear that you are enjoying your Tab A! If any questions arise, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Jo Samsung AU

Best thing I’ve bought!

Seriously the best thing I’ve ever bought! This Samsung Tablet is reliable, fast charging with long lasting battery.
Internet connection is great, streaming from Apps is what I use it for.

Purchased in November 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $186.00.

Perfect for the kids

I purchased this product for my child to use as she always wants to use my phone
This product is great for wifi where your children can enjoy playing educational games
It has a great picture quality for the size

Purchased in July 2019 at Big W Retail Stores for $229.00.

Perfect!! Love the screen size

Easy to use.. my daughter watches her shows sometimes.. got her a great pink case to go with it.. purchased tempered glass aswell.. just incase she drops it.. she finds it so easy to use.. battery life is excellent..

Purchased in March 2019 at Officeworks Online store for $328.00.

Speed

Great value, best reasonably priced tablet on the market

I purchased this tablet to replace my old one and I am very happy with it. While storage can be an issue, it is easily fixed with a 64gb sd card, the only flaws for me, are not being able to install directly to sd card, and the lack of options for securing Bluetooth connection (unable to hide device to all but allowed devices).

Purchased in August 2018 at The Good Guys for $189.00.

Love it

I use my tablet for almost everything it has great features easy to use and perfect for my games reading watching movies photos and for the kid's to use the Samsung is sure the best for me

Purchased in July 2017 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $389.00.

Love it

I upgraded from a 8" and am so glad I did. This tablet has everything I need and more. The screen size is fabulous for watching movies and you tube and the sound is really good compared to my older version. It is thin, feels nice to hold and is sleek and attractive. Can't fault this tablet.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for $354.00.

Speed

Pretty decent tablet for the price

Got this for my little girl and she loves it. Use it for watching kid shows and drawings.
I'll say it's pretty decent tablet for kid nowadays, does it job by keeping them entertained.

Purchased in August 2018 at eBay for $299.00.

Speed
This is what we love to hear! We’re glad to hear your daughter is enjoying her Samsung Tab A and thank you for leaving your positive feedback. If you have any questions, you can reach out via Facebook- please ensure to copy and paste your product review in a private message to us. > m.me/SamsungAustralia Mick Samsung AU

Perfect mid range tablet

Very good tablet for the price. I still have this tablet. It is not very fast but you get what you pay for. It is inexpensive and daily use tablet.

Purchased in November 2016 at Optus for $384.00.

Perfect for what I need

Perfect for what I need and perfect size. I think the only thing I would indicate here is that the tablet's system and software already occupies 4.5+GB of memory so out of 16GB, you only truly get around 11.

Purchased in August 2017.

Battery Life

Awesome basic android tablet.

This is a great tablet if you can get it for around ~$250. Great for basic usage, e.g. browsing, social media, media playback. It's a got a decently vibrant screen and long battery life. Feels a bit cheap as it's a plastic chassis, but I don't notice it with a case on. Speakers and camera are terrible as expected.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $280.00.

Gr8 android

Reliable and easy to use for the kids and link to gmail account. Kids use it gor games and mathonline. They love it much easier then ipad. More reliable.and would recommend it.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bing Lee Physical store for $290.00.

Speed

Dear Samsung My wife (a newbie in the market for a Tablet) has asked me to ask you the following questions regarding this Tablet. We currently have a desktop PC wireless arrangement: (1) Can I watch SBS News and other SBS programs? (2) Can I watch ABC Iview news and other programs? (3) Can I download books? (4) Can I get weather and tidal forecasts? (5) Can I buy a "5 series program" e.g. gardening series and store/watch it on the Tablet? (6) Can I listen to content on the Tablet without earplugs i.e. like a radio? I want to prop it up in the Kitchen and listen to news etc without ear plugs. Thanks
Wow Paul, some gutsy questions and I am not Samsung, you should try asking them? Bless you, Steve.Hi mate, Yeah i'm sure you can do all those things. In regards to tv shows and books you might have to download some apps from the Play Store, im not sure which ones exactly though. Weather apps are usually pre-loaded so its a yes for that. In regards to music, you could listen without ear plugs but i doubt it would be very loud, unless you connect to a bluetooth speaker. I'm sure when you go to purchase the sales person could also help with these questions.Hi Paul, we'd be sure to help you and your wife out with this :) The Galaxy Tab A is able to access the internet. Hence, if you are looking into a specific program that is able to be accessed via a website, you will be able to do so. You are also able to download a third-party application on your tablet to help you with e-books. The Galaxy Tab also has a dual speaker. You are able to weather by the app or a simple search on the internet. With the gardening program mentioned, we recommend for you look into the application used to view your program. If you require further assistance, feel free to head to your nearest Samsung Studio or authorised Australian retailer. https://www.samsung.com/au/tablets/galaxy-taba-t290/ Jo Samsung AU

I cannot find a way to change default pdf viewer from one drive to Adobe reader. Disabling one drive just makes it grey
Would you be able to follow the steps below to help you with changing your default app? Settings > Apps > 3 dots on the top right > Default apps > OneDrive > Clear Defaults Then, next time you open a PDF, you will be prompted on which app you would like set as your default. Hope this helps. Jo Samsung AU

How fast is the response time when using Facebook on the Galaxy Tab A 10.5" and does FB use a lot of storage space. Also has anyone loaded Facebook "Lite" in preference to standard Facebook? My Tab A is new and I am a "learner user".
Response time of the app is based on various factors. However, if you find that the app starts to lag, we recommend for you to clear its cache via the steps below. Settings > Apps > Facebook > Storage > Clear cache If you would like to clear space from the app, you can also do so by: Settings > Apps > Facebook > Storage > Clear data. For further information about the Facebook app, we recommend for you to contact the app developers. Hope this helps. Jo Samsung AU

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.0" Wi-FiSamsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0" Wi-Fi (2019)Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" Wi-Fi (2016)Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" 4G (2019) 32GBSamsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" 4G (2019) 128GBSamsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" Wi-Fi (2019) 32GBSamsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" Wi-Fi (2019) 128GBSamsung Galaxy Tab A 10.5" 4GSamsung Galaxy Tab A 10.5" Wi-FiSamsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7" With S Pen Wi-FiSamsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7" Wi-FiSamsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7" 4GSamsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7" With S Pen 4GSamsung Galaxy Tab A 7.0" 4GSamsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0" 4G (2016)Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0" Wi-Fi (2016)Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" With S Pen 4G (2016)
CategoryTabletsTabletsTabletsTabletsTabletsTabletsTabletsTabletsTabletsTabletsTabletsTabletsTabletsTabletsTabletsTabletsTablets
Price (RRP) $249$499$619$349$469$549$349
Features3.5mm Headphone Jack and Stereo Speakers3.5mm Headphone Jack and Stereo Speakers3.5mm Headphone Jack and Stereo Speakers3.5mm Headphone Jack and Stereo Speakers3.5mm Headphone Jack and Stereo Speakers3.5mm Headphone Jack and Stereo Speakers3.5mm Headphone Jack and Stereo Speakers
ConnectivityWi-Fi Only4G4GWi-Fi OnlyWi-Fi Only4G
Charging Port USB-CUSB-CUSB-CUSB-CUSB-CUSB-CUSB-C
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Display
Pixel Density189 ppi224 ppi224 ppi224 ppi224 ppi216 ppi216 ppi
Screen Size 8"10.1"10.1"10.1"10.1"10.5"10.5"
Screen Resolution800 x 1280 pixels1200 x 1920 pixels1200 x 1920 pixels1200 x 1920 pixels1200 x 1920 pixels1200 x 1920 pixels1200 x 1920 pixels
Display TechnologyIPS LCDIPS LCDIPS LCDIPS LCDIPS LCDIPS LCD
Battery Size5,100 mAh6,150 mAh6,150 mAh6,150 mAh6,150 mAh7,300 mAh7,300 mAh
Memory (RAM)2 GB2 GB3 GB2 GB3 GB3 GB3 GB
Internal Storage32 GB32 GB128 GB32 GB128 GB32 GB32 GB
Build
Colour / Finish Carbon Black, Silver GrayBlack, Gold or SilverBlack, Gold or SilverBlack, Gold or SilverBlack, Gold or SIlverBlack, Blue or WhiteBlack, Blue or White
Body MaterialAluminiumAluminiumAluminiumAluminiumAluminiumAluminiumAluminium
Dimensions 210 x 124.4 x 8 mm245.2 x 149.4 x 7.5 mm245.2 x 149.4 x 7.5 mm245.2 x 149.4 x 7.5 mm245.2 x 149.4 x 7.5 mm260 x 161.1 x 8 mm260 x 161.1 x 8 mm
Weight345 g469 g1.4 g1.4 g1.4 g1.4 g1.4 g1.4 g
Release dateJul 2019Apr 2019Apr 2019Aug 2018Aug 2018
Replaced bySamsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0" Wi-Fi (2016)Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" With S Pen 4G (2016)Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" With S Pen 4G (2016)Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" Wi-Fi (2016)Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" Wi-Fi (2016)