Schick Hydro 5

Schick Hydro 5

• Causes Irritation Yes (3) · No (10)
David J. Mallett
David J. MallettMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

No longer cost justified given significant reduction in packaged blades whilst the cost of the product has tripled

Great sharp blades with lubricating strip for tough beard stubble, however no longer cost justified given significant reduction in packaged blades whilst the cost of the product has tripled, hence No longer cost justified

Paula Cook
Paula CookSouth East Queensland, QLD

Crappy cheap plastic blade head falls off

My partner uses these razors and every time he does the crappy cheap plastic blade head falls off. Thought it was a bad one off, bought 2 moreand problem persists. The razor head just flicks off without much pressure to the face.

Andrew C.
Andrew C.New South Wales

A truly rubbish razor

Who designed this? The amount of spring in this product makes it impossible to get a decent shave. No wonder supermarkets are discounting. The Schick Hydro 5 is a junk product

Purchased in April 2021 at BigW for $6.50.

Frustrated

I can't wait until I need to buy a new shaver set.

shaving system I have a tree blade hydro and it is so frustrating. I cannot keep the blade attached to the handle. It falls off almost constantly. Even had to take the drain apart once because it went down the drain. It is comfortable to use when and only when shaving .. I cannot understand why there is such quality in the blades but the attachment to the handle is so cheaply designed.

Purchased at HEB.

Guillaume
Guillaume

Terrible

Terrible. Have to over the same patches again and again and again. Will not purchase again. I have used cheaper razors with much much better results. Stay away from this one

Purchased in December 2020 at Woolworths for $16.00.

Fitnesspm
FitnesspmMount Waverley

1000% better than a Gilette Razor

I was using a Gilette Razor for years until they released a hate campaign towards men last year so I changed over to Schick. I can't believe how much better shaving is with Schick. So much easier and smoother compared to a Gilette razor where I can finish my shaving in half the time. I highly recommend!!

Purchased in February 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $20.00.

NOT BAD AT ALL. GOOD SMOOTH SHAVE

Not the greatest or best shave I have ever gotten BUT A VERY CLOSE SECOND. It does a good job and give a smooth shave. I am on my third week with this blade, I usually shave 3 or 4 times a week, BTW use a good gel shave cream it helps.
Schick Hydro good in my book.
JoeT

Purchased in August 2020 for $9.99.

Avinash M
Avinash MGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great design, poor durability

Was a great product 5 years ago when the blades were made sharp. However, over the last year, my blades only last a week or two before I have to throw them out. Going to switch to Bic from next month onwards.

Purchased in May 2020 for $10.00.

Stephen
StephenSydney, NSW

Sorry but this an inferior shaver

Bought Schlick hydro 5 from Mollymook chemist as price was good & read on display how good they were but after first shave I could not shave my face smoothly & had to go over face many times to get rid of the stubble ect. The 5 blades dont seem sharp enough. I have other cheaper shavers which shave much better. I consider this product to be very inferior to competitors and would never recommend it to anyone. Sorry Schlick but I wish I didnt have to experience your product.

Purchased in December 2019 at Mollymook chemist nsw.

Garry
GarryNorthern Territory

Surely the Company CEO would use another brand

Been using for a week since the cheaper than cheap WW Alpha 5 blades are no longer in stock. So I thought I'd go up market and get the Hydro 5. Big mistake guys. My shaved head resembles that of a dementia patient who's been allowed a razor . How can an expensive product be far worse than a cheap one. I can feel patches all over my head & I've been shaving for 3X longer to get to this stage.
Pull this product & get something right please.

Purchased in October 2019 at Woolworths.

Sofia& M.
Sofia& M.North Western Region, NSW

Blades go blunt too easy

Switched to schick as a bought one for my wife that I have used not to her knowledge and was quite smooth so I bought a men’s one for myself was impressed at first but blades last 5 shaves max I had owned a gillete that blades last easy ten close to twenty is it just me or these crap and overpriced

Purchased in August 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $20.00.

Danny F
Danny FGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I've had a BIC disposable that lasted longer

Worked great the first few times, the blade got blunt so I went to pop in a replacement, had some of the titanium replacements and of course they are a bees phallus different so it wouldn't go in. After struggling with it for a minute I decided to pop the old one in and now it can't hold onto that! Save your money and buy a single blade bic.

Purchased in August 2019 at Coles for $30.00.

The M.
The M.Sydney, NSW

click-back feature too slack

My Hydro5 cuts me very easily as the click-back feature, that's supposed to be a manual operation for close trimming, actually clicks-back too easily / unintentionally while shaving, and so exposes the corner of the blade/s.

Cuts me to bits almost every time!!

Purchased in May 2019.

Renato_A
Renato_AGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very Good - But Possibly Problematic

Purchased in June 2015.

Emily
EmilyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best razor I’ve found

I’m a female and this is hands down my favourite razor. It glides so easily and doesn’t cut my skin or cause ingrown hairs like many other razors do. My legs are sooo smooth after using this razor. The only con is the price of the refills!! I usually wait until they go on sale.

Purchased in January 2019 at Woolworths.

Barry H.
Barry H.asked

when to change the blade?

Features

• A 5-blade design is intended to provide a close, smooth shave.
  • An ergonomically designed handle is larger and easier to grip where your palm makes contact with it.
  • In place of a lubricating strip, this razor uses 7 little gel pools in a row above the blades. Schick claims that these provide more hydration and less friction.
  • The built-in flip trimmer changes the angle of the blade with a flick of the thumb. This is designed to allow men the option to trim beard hair as well.

Here’s what reviewers thought:

Reviewers had mixed opinions about the effectiveness of this razor. Those who weren’t happy with this razor’s performance chalked it down mainly to the blades not being sharp enough to provide an effective shave.

Dissatisfied reviewers reported that they had to make several passes over skin in order to remove hair. Even after doing this, hairs were left behind. Others still reported that the blade falls off constantly from the handle, which is frustrating.

Reviewers who were satisfied with the Schick Hydro 5 appreciated that the blades provided a smooth-enough shave, when used with the right shaving cream.

CategoryMen's Shavers / Razors