Schick Xtreme 3 Sensitive Disposable

Schick Xtreme 3 Sensitive Disposable

Such a magical start but have you ( deliberately? ) dropped the ball.

As with most here I have been using this product for years. Silky smooth shaving and a great price.
Of late though it appears that you may have changed your manufacturing process. I have no idea whether
or not there is a use by date involved but lately your blades have been a real drag with the occasional 'gouge'.
I haven't experienced any 'falling apart' but they certainly feel a LOT less sharp. Are you trying to prevent a second use by making the first shave unpleasant. Not sure but very disappointed.

Why, why, why did you screw it up!

I've used these razors for years and found them great ... when they were the old model (black and grey wiht a green lube strip).... now they've changed to a new one that is blue and grey with a yellow lube strip and they are horrible... like dragging a velcroed pillow across my face, rough as guts and shaves no closer than a butter knife. I can only assume they've changed to a cheaper manufacturer ... so disappointing.

Change of manufacturer

I have used these blades for years but no more. When they had the blue strip they were great. Since the change to the green strip they are terrible. They are worse than a blunt blue razor. Please change back to the old ones

November 10th 2018 Update: Doesn’t shave smoothly,scrapes your face. Earlier models had blue strip and were terrific

They have obviously changed manufacturers as the new product green strips and are very bad. Definitely will not buy again .I am now using a different brand and while not as good as the old xtreme 3 they are better than the new xtreme 3

Schick Extreme 3 Disposable Razor

I have been using these blades for a number of years and have always found them to be terrific - UNTIL recently.

The last 2 lots of 10 packs purchased, fall to pieces when using them. There is obviously a change in the manufacturing process and they should be taken off the market. I wont continue with them anymore - like a lot of products these days, things are cheapened to the point where the quality becomes so bad, that one stops buying the product. How a company can do that and think consumers are stupid is beyond me.

Would any intelligent person or persons running a business these days, seriously think that people would continue to purchase inferior products. Easier to blame the internet for the loss in business I guess.

Will try another brand and if that fails - grow a beard!!

Self Destruct

Like many others I have been using these blades for years. But, since 2017 they have become sub standard. In a pack of 4 one fell apart whilst shaving. In a pack of 10 seven fell apart either after the first shave or the moment I put pressure on them. Better find another brand I think.

They fall apart.

I've used this razor for a couple of years without a problem but the last packet I bought are not good. Four of them have fallen apart, two of them I dropped on the floor and the other two while I was shaving my face. The head just broke apart into three pieces. I am taking them apart before I use them and super gluing them together. It's a pain but it works. Obviously I'm looking for an alternative.

Terrible

After using other brands I thought I would try these. First try the whole blade part fell out . Thought ok then next one halfway through done exactly same thing. I think just the no frills brand put in schick packet

Worst razor I’ve ever used

This razor is literally the worst I’ve ever used. It starts off well, however the hairs get stuck in the blades and are impossible to get out. Then after I tried extremely carefully to get the hairs out as I always do (this time without success), the blades just stopped working. They must have moved slightly.

I only got through half of ONE leg before I threw the razor out. Can’t believe how badly designed it is.

Great razor so why change it?

I have used this product for years and loved it but now after the changes it's like having a shave with a cheap steak knife. The handle is terrible and the blades are worse which unfortunately means I will have to find an alternative.

Worst Ever

These blades now self destruct under the slightest pressure.
I have around 10 of them from a multi pack that have sheared the head when applying slightest pressure. They have changed design/plastic/manufacture, but they are now not the blade that they used to be...

Good news and bad news

I've been using these razors for a long time. I'm a creature of habit. The good news is they work well if you are a regular shaver. By that I mean, if you use them every day. If so, they give a good smooth shave.

The bad news is that these razors are not good for people like myself who shave irregularly. The blades clog easily. If a blade clogs, the shave goes downhill very very quickly.

I have to say something about the hardness of our beards. It appears to play a major part in the success of disposable razors. It would appear that the hairs growing on my face are unbelievably difficult to chop down. I understand that some men don't seem to have that problem and this might be one of the reasons why there's a lot of variation in the reviews for various razors. Why large multinational companies can't design razors to cut human hair, is a question that I have pondered over the years. Evidently, the hair on a man's face can have the same strength as carbide steel. Evidently, this means that razors can only be designed in a way that makes them ridiculously vulnerable to clogging. I'm sure that they have done everything to stop this effect. However, razors like the Schick are extremely "sensitive" to this problem.

If I had to suggest a blade, I would say the Bic, which I tried recently. It cuts human hair and it doesn't clog. I will find out more in the coming months.

Amazing

Don't know how Schick can do it. These "disposable" razors last a long time giving a close shave day in day out. I shave in cold water without a shave cream or soap, never cut myself. My wife loves me more for my sexy smooth face.

A pleasure to use.

I bought a 4 pak of these whilst on holidays and have been using them for the last 3 years.
Give a nice close shave without leaving your skin dry, sore or oily even if I shave upwards. No beard rash. and last about 6-8 weeks.
A pleasure to use, good quality, well balanced and excellent value for money.
Who would of thought a disposable would be this good.
Nice close shave. No beard rash.