Schwarzkopf Live Brillance

Chocolate Rush 68, Violet Vision 85, Red Passion 43, etc... (See All)
See the Best Hair Dyes in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Schwarzkopf? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Not a bit purple, its a beetroot colour

Colour is beetroot not purple even on my grey hair. I have to change it back as colour is nasty. I buy 2 boxes 4 my hair. Wasted money.
Not happy at all

Purchased in November 2021 at The Reject Shop for $7.

Ease of Application

Nothing like the indicative colour

I have greying hair that I usually use a mid brown colour on, but wanted to add some copper red instead, just for a change. The box and the name of this colour indicate it's on the brown side of red, but it isn't. It was a burgundy red, which I really dislike with my complexion.

In addition, it left my hair dry and stringy, with a lack lustre lack of shine. Won't use the colour or the brand again.

Purchased in November 2021 for $9.

Disappointed customer

It used to be fantastic, new improved version is not ! The price hike is not good either ! Have used this product for years ! Not any more ! Very disappointed ☹️ customer! Sorry

Purchased in August 2021 at Woolworths Physical store for $17.

Tiffany P.
Tiffany P.South East Queensland, QLD

Nothing violet about it!

If you want a violet/purple shade this colour will disappoint. It is red from the get go. It will also make your hair darker. If I wanted red I would specifically buy that colour. Comes off on towels for weeks. I suggest buying a black towel just for drying your hair or your good ones will be ruined.

Purchased in May 2021 at Woolworths for $14.

Minz
MinzPerth, WA

Turned into a ginger (not that theres anything wrong with gingers)

SO I was a happy customer, continuously colouring my hair every 5/6 weeks with the Romantic Brown when the last two times using it, bleached my naturally dark brown hair into a dirty reddish/brown. I now have been to the hair dressers twice to colour match my roots to my ends and will NEVER use it again. Mt friend also noticed her hair turning a distinctly different colour when using another shade. Disappointing to say the very least.

Purchased in December 2020 at Woolworths for $20.

Didn't change my hair colour

My hair is black and I tried to dye it to the colour of chocolate rush. It did not change at all. I reapplied it and it still did not work. I do not recommend it at all.

Purchased in October 2020 at Woolworths for $14.40.

Gemma
GemmaSydney, NSW

Colour didn’t stay in.

I coloured my hair 4 days ago and made sure to cover every surface. I washed it tonight so I left it in for 4 days. Most of the dye washed out tonight. I’m very disappointed as I spent a while doing it and was expecting something very different. I don’t think I’ll be buying this product again, definitely doesn’t last up to 8 weeks at all.

Purchased in July 2020 for $7.

Ease of Application

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.29 Nov 2021
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
Christmas gift ideas for the beauty lover in your life

Clara V.
Clara V.13 Dec 2021
christmas-gift-ideas-for-the-beauty-lover-in-your-life
Jess
JessMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not worth the money

Wasted my time and money on this product. I spent over twenty minutes deciding between this colour and black. Spent over an hour making sure I got every strand of hair and letting it settle in for it to wash the colour out straight away, in cold water!!

Purchased in June 2020 at Woolworths for $14.99.

Lucinda Jones
Lucinda JonesSydney, NSW

Did not cover grey as promised - Waste of my time and money - won't buy it ever again

Used this product for the first time on the weekend. "Perfect grey coverage" it says on the packet. Well, after following the instructions, it did not cover grey growth at all. I have sparkling, translucent grey regrowth. I now have to dye my hair again with a different brand product. Such a waste of money and waste of my time, not to mention more chemicals in my hair than necessary. Totally disappointed.

Purchased in April 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for $16.

Perfect colour!

Purchased in May 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $8.99.

Courtney S.
Courtney S.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Completely the wrong colour

I specifically bought this because it states that it works on dark hair. My hair is dark brown and the colour made my hair darker and in the light it is red!!! It is not purple at all. Feeling frustrated because it’s so dark now I’m not going to be able to use another colour or anything to fix it. Now I’ve read reviews and people say it fades to red? Not looking forward to that.

Purchased in April 2020 for $10.99.

Ruby
RubyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't recommend

Turned my hair black/dark cherry, opposed to violet purple like the packaging suggests. Very subtle as well. I have dark brown hair and the packaging said it work on black hair so I thought it would still show up well, but it didn't. Turned the ends of my hair virtually black as well when I was wanting it to be lighter! Don't recommend unless you want a subtle dark cherry colour.

Lily B.
Lily B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

great hair dye, although fades quite quickly.

After dyeing my hair with this, the colour was a beautiful rich dark red, and faded into my dark brown roots nicely after they started growing out. However, the colour faded very quickly after the first few weeks, and turned into a weird orange colour with red highlights. Although the initial colour was perfect its just faded far too quickly.

Purchased at Coles for $9.

Just what I wanted

I just used Chocolate Rush and I am very happy with it. It is not aggressively red, does not look purple in the sunlight and covered all my grey perfectly. I only wash my hair once a week so colors last a while. My hair feels great and the color washed right off my skin. My hair was previously a darker shade so the result was a bit darker than I was going for but this will change as I use it more and I certainly will.

Purchased in December 2019 at Woolworths for $10.

Tired and Emotional
Tired and EmotionalSydney, NSW

Not good anymore

I have used this brand for years and used to recommend it to everyone but not anymore. I used it last month to cover grey regrowth and it started to burn my scalp but I stuck it out for 30 mins as advised. When I finished I noticed it has not taken in most of my grey areas! I was so disappointed. Anyway my daughter was dying her friends hair black (from blond) so I said try Schwarzkopf 8 wash. Again it didnt take! Whats happened to this company? I wont use them again.

Purchased in November 2019 at Woolworths.