Schwarzkopf Live Colour

Silver Toner, Cool Grey, Ultra Brights Electric Blue, etc...

Turn natural brown, yellow

Tried using this as a in-between colouring for my permanent colouring of reddish dark brown. It has dyed my naturally ashy dark brown roots to a bright yellowish tone. Do Not Recommend.

Purchased in April 2021 at Chemist Warehouse for $10.00.

Ease of Application

Terrible! Doesn’t stay on the hair

My daughter has natural blonde hair. I followed the instructions to the letter, left it in her hair for 30 minutes and tiny bits of her hair were dyed blue the rest washed out when it was rinsed

Purchased in April 2021 at Coles for $5.00.

Bad results

Bad resultsCentral Queensland, QLD

Very disappointed with this product

Selected the chocolate brown for my brown hair but the colour came out black. My hair has also become extremely dry and brittle and I am seeing excess hair breakage. I would not recommend this product

Purchased in January 2021 at Woolworths.

K G.

K G.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Only worked once!

Purchased in January 2021 at Coles.

Absolute crap

Every time I have bought a box of live to give myself a hair change, they’ve never worked. Not a single sachet of colour. I have super light blonde hair so they should allllll work right? Wrong. Do not buy any live hair colour. Unless you want to pay $20 just like I did, to wash your own hair. My hair should be a light blue/ lavender. First photo was yesterday and the second was today. What a crock. After that I tried grey! Hoping it would do something else. Nope. I’m done with this company.

Purchased in December 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $19.96.

Alex M.
Alex M.

Update! They replied to my email by telling me how to put it in my hair.........basically copied and pasted the box instructions like I hadn’t read it every time I bought a box. Wow. They’re a smart company, let me tell you.

Suzanne LawsSouth West, WA

Totally disappointed

I bought deep black from our local store as I have done for many years now and as my hair only takes 20 minutes at the most to drink in the colour I had it in for 45 minutes as I got busy with other things. To my disappointment it did not cover the grey it also lightened my hair so now I have to go to the hair dresser before Saturday and spend even more money prior to a party just so I can get the desired effect of black hair. I will never again use this my favourite product again.
Out of pocket and very angry.

Purchased in October 2020 for $1,150.00.

Sorry for the Typo it was $15

Damaging hair

I tried it first on a hair lock - thank god, it totally damaged my hair. Felt like a straw. Didn't change a color at all. I don't recommend this product at all. Avoid it.

Kal1794

Kal1794Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Did nothing

We did my daughters hair tonight. There’s no real change in colour except it’s maybe blonder than ever? With a few pastel blue highlights in the ends. We left it longer than the recommended 30 mins probably closer to an hour. My hands though are a lovely light blue from washing it out.
Really disappointed in this product.

Purchased in September 2020 at Kmart.

Angrypotato

AngrypotatoPerth, WA

Absolutely Horrible

Spent 4 hours bleaching my hair then put the toner in. Turned my hair purple after keeping it in for 20 minutes as directed. Awful. Don't use it if you actually want silver hair, my hair was 1 tone away from white.

Purchased in September 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $10.00.

Sydney W.

Sydney W.South East Queensland, QLD

Such an.easy temporary colour change!

This hair dye is so easy to use,no mixing of dye needed, it didn't damage my hair at all and left it looking so shiny and vibrant. I used this hair dye 2 weeks ago and the colour is just fading out now. (I wash my hair every second day). I wasn't totally sure on what colour I wanted to permanently dye my hair so this was a great way to test a colour.

Purchased in July 2020 for $3.00.

Julz B.

Julz B.Goulburn Valley, VIC

Natural brown

I used the natural brown shade (not given as an option for review) I purchased as a temporary cover for the grey while unable to visit the salon during COVID-19 restrictions. I used 2 packs left on for just over 1/2 hr. I have long just below the shoulder length hair. I’m very happy with the results at this stage. Would definitely purchase again between salon colours.

Purchased in August 2020 at Big W for $4.50.

Barbara

BarbaraGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disgusting! Did my hair bright green

First time use and I wash my hair ones a week, my hair was super dry like dehydrated so this is never a conditioner impossible to brush or straight my hair like that and leave me with the worse color green ever like baby green bright poo
And leave me feeling nauseous and sad desperate!

Purchased in July 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $8.00.

Ease of Application

Better than my hairdresser’s expensive toner!

My hair extensions were getting brassy and I am trying to grow my highlights out so decided to try. One sachet plus some conditioner for 30 min- great result! Next time will use 2 sachets and leave 40 min

Purchased in June 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $3.99.

Pam G

Pam GSydney Surrounds, NSW

Good on grey!

I am 77 with pepper and salt hair. The first time I used it I left it on for 15 minutes. I was afraid the white in my hair would be blue. It was nice on the white bits but little effect on the darker bits. Second time I used it I covered my hair with glad wrap and left it for 30 mins. Perfect. Great steel colour all over blending white and darker bits. Very happy. I don't care how many washes it lasts.

Purchased in May 2020 at Optimal Pharmacy for $5.49.

Dennika

DennikaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great if you don't ever want your natural colour back.

This dye looks great for the first 3 washes. Bright, vibrant and fresh. BUT after 8 WEEKS I still have a pale blue/green colour left over. It hasn't washed out at all, it's left a gross, dirty water colour in my hair.

Purchased in March 2020 at Woolworths for $4.95.

Caz1310

Caz1310Melbourne

Terrible product

The colour is NOTHING like what's on the box. False advertising. Not enough product... insufficient for fine just-above shoulder length hair. I don't recommend at all. Waste of money. Avoid.

Purchased in May 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $2.99.

Mum of Four

Mum of Four

Exactly the result I wanted

Purchased in April 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $3.99.

Candi

CandiVictoria

Did not last

Colour mostly washed away in initial rinse. Left with slight pink tinge only when dried. Colour was left on for 25minutes (from end of application), hair was clean and light to medium blonde. Lucky it was a cheap product.

Purchased in March 2020 at eBay for $5.29.

Syarra

SyarraSouth East Queensland, QLD

This product is terrible

I bought a nice natural brown hair dye and I put it in my hair and followed the instructions and it turned my hair orange, this product is terrible don’t buy it!!

Purchased in March 2020.

Prior Hair ColourBlonde

Fluorescent purple/pink

I used two packs on my already dyed hair (dark ash blonde 7N, I am a natural blonde 8- ish) and wow, left it in for 30 minutes and it came out fluorescent purple with pink highlights. Not the dark shimmery burgundy shown on the box. Two days in and the ends of my hair have washed out to a dull pink and the roots remain fluorescent purple. If i didnt like clown hair I dont know what id do!! Cant really go to work like this, but I strangely like it anyway. Will probably have to put a another box in or go a different dark brown over the top to hide it!! :/

Purchased in February 2020 at Woolies for $7.00.