Schwarzkopf Nordic Blonde Toner

Schwarzkopf Nordic Blonde Toner

Pros

• Contains no ammonia or peroxide

• Pleasant smell

Cons

• Can stain hair blue

Rachael

RachaelGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

My hair went blue

After using this product for the first time my hair went blue after I bleached it two times. I was utterly disappointed after paying $13 for a product I put in three days before my wedding day. Now I have to show up at my wedding with blue hair, I can’t go to a hairdresser because of Covid, now everyone on zoom was gonna see me with blue hair at my wedding. The colours in my wedding aren’t even blue, it’s pink and white. #WeddingRuined

Felicity E.

Felicity E.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Bring back the old formula!

I hate the new formula! I can’t express my utter disappointment at the change. I’ve used this silver toner for as long as I can remember and this is not a good change. This is blue based and actually threw some green in my hair. I know how toners work and this toner was great because it was gentle enough to cover yellow tones, however it’s. it strong enough to cover orange tones properly and left my hair patchy. I’ve tried the new formula more than once.
I couldn’t wait to strip it out of my hair with head and shoulders and bi-carb.
Bring back the old formula!

Purchased in April 2020 at Priceline for $6.00.

They changed the formula

This was my favorite toner I had ever come across. They have now created an anti-breaking formula and it doesn't do anything! Yellow has not faded at all. Very unhappy.

Purchased in June 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $14.00.

Jackie

JackieTasmania

Favorite blue based toner!

Purchased at Kmart for $9.00.

Maryanne Dickson

Maryanne DicksonSydney, NSW

New blue toner not old silver toner

What have you done !! You have replace a perfect silver toner with a revolting blue version. I’m not wanting to look like a 90 yr old pensioner. This has left a ugly blue tinge in my hair. Why change perfection with garbage. I’m a hairdresser so your product is useless. Bring back your silver toner !!

Fairyflozz

Fairyflozz

Nordic Blonde Anti Yellow Toner

I purchased this as I was needing a toner to help remove the yellow tones after highlighting my hair.... the product said it was suitable for blonde, lightened or highlighted hair.... my hair went bright blue instantly, I washed it off within seconds & then I had to reshampoo my hair again to get the rest of it out!!! A terrible product... save your money... unless you do want blue hair!! :(

Purchased in April 2020 at Kmart Retail Stores for $11.99.

Timtamjunkie

TimtamjunkieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I wont be buying it anymore as they changed it and its horrid

I have used the original for many years. I needed a new one and my husband bought the latest version from coles. I saw that it has been changed to "New" so I guessed it was just a better version. It was perfect before. It was bright blue and turned my hair blue. I had to go back to the shower and wash it twice to get it out of my hair. I had a small amount of the old one again and used it - perfect again. Not buying this any longer.

Purchased in February 2020 at Coles for $8.00.

Bring old formula back

The old formula (purple liquid) was EXCELLENT!! You could leave it in highly bleached hair briefly & it would be toned perfectly. I would leave it on longer for the underside/darker blond sections of my hair & it was soooo good.

The new blue formula does not work at all!! I was using the old formula for as long as I can remember (over 10 years). I used to recommend it to every blonde.
Thumbs down for me for the NEW FORMULA.

Purchased in January 2020 at Priceline for $12.99.

danielleGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Stains hair blue! Awful product!

Why did schwartzkopf change its blonde toner formula? The old formula was soooo good. Now my hair comes out blue, even if I only leave it in for less than a minute. I then have to shampoo it out and my hair is back to being brassy. This is a waste of money, I will never buy it again.

Purchased in December 2019 at Priceline for $11.99.

Penny

PennySouth East Queensland, QLD

Leaves hair blue, not toned

I have naturally light brown ash hair, I've been getting highlights for the past 3 years. I was buying this in the old packaging and it worked so well. This new one stained my highlights light blue and that was after only leaving it on for 2-3 minutes. Now I can't seem to get rid of the bluish tint, hopefully it will come out at the hairdressers. Really terrible product, not sure why Schwarzkopf would ruin their own product like this.

Purchased in October 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $13.00.

I didnt buy this product to get blue hair

Having used your toner for a number of years, am very disappointed that you have altered it. Instead of toning down the brassiness and having a lovely mauve tone, it is now bright blue. I will not be purchasing this any more.

Purchased in October 2019.

Prior Hair ColourBleached Blonde
Hair DamageNo
LaniLu

LaniLuHobart, TAS

New formula TOO blue - Makes hair blue/grey instead of Toning

Purchased in October 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $7.00.

Affordable and satisfying!

Didn’t find it effective after the first use so I left it on for much longer the next time (45-50 mins). I use it every 2 weeks if possible and love the ashy colour of my hair the first few days after using the toner. Would recommend using disposable gloves as hands can go slightly purple. For an affordable toner it’s definitely worth trying! Try use regularly thought as it will fade quickly. I wash my hair every second day, sometimes every day because it gets greasy and sweaty from going to work and the gym.

Purchased in April 2019 at Kmart for $7.00.

Ease of Application

Great product, removes brassy tones completely!

I wash my hair every 2 to 3 days, for me this product lasts up to 3-5 weeks. I was happy with the end result but wish it would last a bit longer.

Purchased in June 2019 for $8.00.

Elizabeth S.

Elizabeth S.Sydney, NSW

I wish this worked.

Used as per directions (given it multiple chances over the years using different brands to go blonde) and it barely takes any of the brassiness out. I wish I knew which product was best for me tbh.

Purchased in March 2018.

Unsure how to feel

I have just used this product loving the colour but my hair seems to have snapped after using this product. I would love to continue using it but not if my hair is going to break from it.

Purchased in May 2019 at Kmart.

Prior Hair ColourBleached Blonde and Brown

Absolutely amazing!!!!

I am super super happy with this product, like at first i read some reviews and everyone seemed to love it but i was very scared to try it cos i didnt want to damage my hair so i picked it up from the nearest woolies and omg i tried it and it turned my hair from a nasty duck yellow to a very nice bright grey silver colour which i love. Only thing thats the problem is that its so hard to evenly spread and i bought one 150 ml bottle for my medium thick hair and i still have alot of brassy tones but now it looks like highlights amazing love it and left it on for 35 minutes to 40 minutes on my almost to dry damp hair

Sydneysider

SydneysiderSydney

Must have for in between colours

Great product, was skeptical as I have a graveyard full of 'blonde products' and find a lot claim to do more than they do. For an inexpensive toner - it does the job. I was starting to dull and yellow inbetween colours and decided to try. Brightened it up, cooled it to a nice bright but ashy blonde. Need to condition after it though as it's a bit drying. Great fresh up when colour is dull.

Sarah

SarahSydney, NSW

Did absolutely nothing

My hair is blonde with very yellow tones. It should have worked perfectly but has made no difference whatsoever. Followed instructions exactly so hoped for at least a slight violet effect.

Great Toner

love this product really works! leave on for longer for better results! no damage and leaves a gorgeous shine and colour in which i desire! Thank you so much Schwarzkopf!

Annie

Annieasked

I have coloured my - white at front/grey back and underneath hair - with a warm blonde colour and it has turned out very brassy and golden in colour. I don't like it at all and am considering using Schwarzkppf Nordic Blonde cream. I don't want to have blue hair and don't know how long to leave it on.
Seems that lots have ended up with blue hair! Yikes! Not for me...

Natalieasked

Where can I buy this product? I’ve used it before and loved it. Now can’t find it

romika
romika

Not sure if they have taken it off the shelves. The old toner was great, the new one was/is rubbish, turns your hair blue. Why change a formula when it was correct. Anyway I have seen it at chemist warehouse and Coles but I refuse to buy it anymore unless they change it back.

Natalie

Yeah the new one is horrible! I bought it to try it but not impressed. Thanks for getting back to me

Sally

Sallyasked

Hi just wondering if the Nordic blonde toner has been disconnected!! I have tried the new one but it send my hair blue. I Bleach my hair and it sent me completely blue.

danielle

They’ve stopped selling it! My hair turned blue as well. Won’t ever buy it again (unless they bring back their old formula).

See all Schwarzkopf Nordic Blonde Toner questions

Schwarzkopf’s Nordic Blonde Toner is a blue-based toner suitable for use on blonde, lightened or highlighted hair with unwanted brassy orange tones. The gentle formula, with added moisturisers, leaves you with healthy and natural-looking blonde hair.

Features:

• Removes unwanted yellow-gold tones
  • Adds condition and shine
  • Suitable for blonde, lightened or highlighted hair
  • Contains no ammonia or peroxide

What reviewers thought:

Some people have noted that the product is gentle on the hair and the effects last for 3-4 weeks. Others have not been impressed as they have been left with blue-tinted hair.