Schwarzkopf Nordic Blonde Toner

Schwarzkopf Nordic Blonde Toner

See the Best Hair Dyes in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Schwarzkopf? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

Contains no ammonia or peroxide
Pleasant smell

Cons

Can stain hair blue

Felicity E.
Felicity E.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA
  • Top Review

Bring back the old formula!

I hate the new formula! I can’t express my utter disappointment at the change. I’ve used this silver toner for as long as I can remember and this is not a good change. This is blue based and actually threw some green in my hair. I know how toners work and this toner was great because it was gentle enough to cover yellow tones, however it’s. it strong enough to cover orange tones properly and left my hair patchy. I’ve tried the new formula more than once.
I couldn’t wait to strip it out of my hair with head and shoulders and bi-carb.
Bring back the old formula!

Purchased in at Priceline for $6.

Louisa R
Louisa RMelbourne
  • Top Review

Works brilliantly!

Bought this to use on my daughters hair after she had bleached her hair from her natural dark brown to blonde. Prior to using this product her hair was that horrible straw yellow colour. As soon as we applied we could see the yellowness disappearing and we left it in for 20mins instead of the recommended 1-5mins (her hair is very thick). End result is a beautiful natural light blonde colour with really lovely white highlights throughout (probably the result of me not ensuring it was evenly distributed but nonetheless looks really good). Will absolutely use this product again and recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap toner that really works. Make sure you follow it up with some great deep conditioning treatments.

Xì N.
Xì N.Sydney, NSW

I love it so much!

I had tried many different kinds of toner. From shampoo in, deep conditioner, colour paint, semi permanent pastel colour, ect but I like this one the most. It’s no yellow toner so it has to have blue in it to cancel out the yellow, brassy tone. It made my hair ashy blonde colour and I just love it.
You might not like this product if you don’t want your hair to be ashy colour.

Purchased in at Woolworths for $8.

MelNorthern Region, NSW

Pretty decent for price

Was good to finally find a blue based toner as most of them in stores seem to be purple which wont work on my hair as it has more orange than yellow tones.
It managed to tone down most of the orange/brassiness, how ever i had to leave it in for at least 35 mins for it to work.
Mostly happy with product.

Purchased in at Woolworths for $13.

Emma
EmmaNew South Wales

Changed the formula

They have changed the formula. It used to be more purple, and would tone my blonde perfectly in between hair appointments. The new blue formula does nothing at all- very disappointing

Purchased in for $16.

Rachael
RachaelGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

My hair went blue

After using this product for the first time my hair went blue after I bleached it two times. I was utterly disappointed after paying $13 for a product I put in three days before my wedding day. Now I have to show up at my wedding with blue hair, I can’t go to a hairdresser because of Covid, now everyone on zoom was gonna see me with blue hair at my wedding. The colours in my wedding aren’t even blue, it’s pink and white. #WeddingRuined

Felicity E.
Felicity E.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Bring back the old formula!

I couldn’t wait to strip it out of my hair with head and shoulders and bi-carb.
Bring back the old formula!

Purchased in at Priceline for $6.

They changed the formula

This was my favorite toner I had ever come across. They have now created an anti-breaking formula and it doesn't do anything! Yellow has not faded at all. Very unhappy.

Purchased in at Chemist Warehouse for $14.

Jackie
JackieTasmania

Favorite blue based toner!

Purchased at Kmart for $9.

Ease of Application

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
Christmas gift ideas for the beauty lover in your life

christmas-gift-ideas-for-the-beauty-lover-in-your-life
Maryanne Dickson
Maryanne DicksonSydney, NSW

New blue toner not old silver toner

What have you done !! You have replace a perfect silver toner with a revolting blue version. I’m not wanting to look like a 90 yr old pensioner. This has left a ugly blue tinge in my hair. Why change perfection with garbage. I’m a hairdresser so your product is useless. Bring back your silver toner !!

Fairyflozz
Fairyflozz

Nordic Blonde Anti Yellow Toner

I purchased this as I was needing a toner to help remove the yellow tones after highlighting my hair.... the product said it was suitable for blonde, lightened or highlighted hair.... my hair went bright blue instantly, I washed it off within seconds & then I had to reshampoo my hair again to get the rest of it out!!! A terrible product... save your money... unless you do want blue hair!! :(

Purchased in at Kmart Retail Stores for $11.99.

Timtamjunkie
TimtamjunkieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I wont be buying it anymore as they changed it and its horrid

I have used the original for many years. I needed a new one and my husband bought the latest version from coles. I saw that it has been changed to "New" so I guessed it was just a better version. It was perfect before. It was bright blue and turned my hair blue. I had to go back to the shower and wash it twice to get it out of my hair. I had a small amount of the old one again and used it - perfect again. Not buying this any longer.

Purchased in at Coles for $8.

Bring old formula back

The old formula (purple liquid) was EXCELLENT!! You could leave it in highly bleached hair briefly & it would be toned perfectly. I would leave it on longer for the underside/darker blond sections of my hair & it was soooo good.

The new blue formula does not work at all!! I was using the old formula for as long as I can remember (over 10 years). I used to recommend it to every blonde.
Thumbs down for me for the NEW FORMULA.

Purchased in at Priceline for $12.99.

danielle
danielleGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Stains hair blue! Awful product!

Why did schwartzkopf change its blonde toner formula? The old formula was soooo good. Now my hair comes out blue, even if I only leave it in for less than a minute. I then have to shampoo it out and my hair is back to being brassy. This is a waste of money, I will never buy it again.

Purchased in at Priceline for $11.99.

Penny
PennySouth East Queensland, QLD

Leaves hair blue, not toned

I have naturally light brown ash hair, I've been getting highlights for the past 3 years. I was buying this in the old packaging and it worked so well. This new one stained my highlights light blue and that was after only leaving it on for 2-3 minutes. Now I can't seem to get rid of the bluish tint, hopefully it will come out at the hairdressers. Really terrible product, not sure why Schwarzkopf would ruin their own product like this.

Purchased in at Woolworths Physical store for $13.

I didnt buy this product to get blue hair

Having used your toner for a number of years, am very disappointed that you have altered it. Instead of toning down the brassiness and having a lovely mauve tone, it is now bright blue. I will not be purchasing this any more.

Purchased in .

Prior Hair Colour Bleached Blonde
Hair Damage No
LaniLu
LaniLuHobart, TAS

New formula TOO blue - Makes hair blue/grey instead of Toning

Purchased in at Woolworths Physical store for $7.